By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do "Easy" Platinum's stain your trophy list or make you feel ashamed?

I dismiss someones trophy list if there is obvious whoring goin on...

Yes 20 13.33%

No. 89 59.33%

Only if there is a high r... 24 16.00%

I have no opinion....on anything...ever... 17 11.33%

Total:150

I don't really play games with easy plats :(. Thus I do not have a plat since trophys came out. Will get one soon though with the easiest plat I could find: Dragon Quest Heroes.

Around the Network

I don't feel they do. But then again, the only platinums that i've gotten are ones that i was really close to, from just enjoying the game the first time around. I guess pretty much all of mine can be considered easy ones. I'm not wasting days upon days getting a trophy, that in the end, truly means nothing.

My Xcom Enemy Unknown and Xcom Enemy within Plats erase any shameful plats (especially that impossible difficulty trophy on first xcom the nightmares).

FIT_Gamer said:
Easy platinum trophies aren't a bad if the game is decent. It's when people play shitty games because they have easy platinum trophies. A friend of mine, who was in his mid 30's at the time, bought Hannah Montana the game because it had an easy platinum. Like seriously what the fuck.

He could rent it, right?

My routine is before starting a game looking how long/hard the platinum will be and them deciding if I'll play the game strict for pleasure or if I'll plan my gameplay to get the platinum. Wouldn't buy just for the plat, but will balance it on my decision sometimes.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Most people don't even have the easy platinum trophies. I believe its petty to complain about which ones you have. All it means is that you are a completionist and you did whatever it took fill that desire to have beaten every aspect of a game that you can.

Around the Network

I've barely platinumed any games! I don't even look at trophy lists. I didn't know people cared so much!

veritaz said:
Nah as long as I actually enjoyed the game I'm glad to get the platinum easy or not. That's why I don't have the Hannah Montana game but I have other easy platinums.

This.

There is no shame about easy platinums IF you really enjoyed the game and bought it for honest reasons.

The Walking Dead games are EASY platinums, but the games are actually great.

I know people that buys games like you said, Hanna Montana and all that shit just to earn a trophy. That is fucking stupid imo.

I don't look down on people for the easy plats. There was a time where I was playing for the easy plat a few years ago (thus the Ice Age 3 and Terminator Salvation plats on my list), so I can understand the desire for the easy ones. Otherwise though, my other plats are from games I enjoyed. Yes, even The Order.

I view trophies as an extra reason to spend more time in a game I enjoy, thus I don't care what people think of my plats. :)

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Easy platinum trophies aren't a bad if the game is decent. It's when people play shitty games because they have easy platinum trophies. A friend of mine, who was in his mid 30's at the time, bought Hannah Montana the game because it had an easy platinum. Like seriously what the fuck.

He could rent it, right?

My routine is before starting a game looking how long/hard the platinum will be and them deciding if I'll play the game strict for pleasure or if I'll plan my gameplay to get the platinum. Wouldn't buy just for the plat, but will balance it on my decision sometimes.

I know what you mean. I don't think about the plat going in but I do check if there are missibles, difficulty trophies and other stuff just so I know if I should go for the highest difficulty and manuel saves. I don't look at the list until I'm either loving the game and finish it or I'm sometime into the game and Its getting boring so I go to the list to spice up the game. People rarely realize how trophies can make a mediocre games good. But bad games for the sake of throphies? Fuck that shite.

Well there are games that are so good I don't even bother looking at the least before finishing it and them see what I missed and how should I obtain then, like my UC and GoW platinums.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

no, simply because if you feel so, then whoever didn't complete those games with easy platinum will be even more shamed...? it just doesn't matter at all, at least to most of players that i know