By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do "Easy" Platinum's stain your trophy list or make you feel ashamed?

I dismiss someones trophy list if there is obvious whoring goin on...

Yes 20 13.33%

No. 89 59.33%

Only if there is a high r... 24 16.00%

I have no opinion....on anything...ever... 17 11.33%

Total:150
veritaz said:
Nah as long as I actually enjoyed the game I'm glad to get the platinum easy or not. That's why I don't have the Hannah Montana game but I have other easy platinums.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is pretty much how I feel.

Around the Network

Never got a platinum in game I did not enjoy, but then I don't trophy hunt and neither does anyone I know. Just a fun bonus in games.

I have the goat simulator plat and I'm damn proud of it

A plat is a plat. I'm sure there are some really easy ones. The easiest one I got was the Order of 1886 and I am one of the few people that enjoyed the game and am not ashamed to admit it. My shortest plat was Infamous: Last Light. A very fun game. The only plat I have that I am ashamed of is Little Big Planet 2. My friend did the cheat to get the plat and we are in a competition and so I did the same to even the playing field. So you know, the cheat literally allows you to unlock the plat upon boot up. Not very pleased with it.

The Assassin Creed games are not very difficult either. It's my tradition to get them all. Prior I was on 360 so I have the equivalent for most of them on there.

The hardest plat I've gotten is Watch Dogs. Fuck Social Lubricant. I even did it before the patch came out that made it easier. I've plat Bloodborne and nothing in that game comes even close to being as difficult as Social Lubricant. Not even close. Such fucking bullshit. Perhaps the hardest trophy/achievement in the history of gaming. Fuck whoever at Ubisoft had the idea to come up with that bullshit.

No. I don't trophy hunt for me E Peen.

Around the Network

Not at all. Even if someone does have a platinum that is relatively easy to get, why does it matter? Just count that one out then if you're looking at someone's trophy list for platinum's.

I only have 4 platinums and one of them is from Terminator Salvation. To get that platinum you just have to play through the game once on hard difficulty. Even though that is an easy as fuck platinum to get it doesn't change the fact that I got platinum trophies in other games.

The other 3 games I have a platinum in are Uncharted 2, Red: Faction Armageddon, and God of War 3 Remastered. ( I got the GOW3R platinum like a month ago too). 

No because even easy ones take a huge investment in one's time. That's why even the easiest ones are rare.

No this is my main account. I just mostly lurk. 

If by easy you mean the platinum is automatic because you just need to play the game to the end then I would say that arguably the only time a platinum is easy is if the game is piss easy to finish. If you look through the rarity of trophies in any game and find the non-platinum trophy for merely completing the game then you will see that game completion rates are very low. So just getting to the end of a game is a challenge, and therefore there is no reason to be embarrassed for having completed a game, unless you are actually embarrassed to have a permanent record of you having played the game at all.

Maybe there's a case to be made about cross buy multiple platinums. But even then, you still have to play the game fully each time, and just playing a game through to completion multiple times is an achievement in itself.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Easy platinum trophies aren't a bad if the game is decent. It's when people play shitty games because they have easy platinum trophies. A friend of mine, who was in his mid 30's at the time, bought Hannah Montana the game because it had an easy platinum. Like seriously what the fuck.