By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do "Easy" Platinum's stain your trophy list or make you feel ashamed?

I dismiss someones trophy list if there is obvious whoring goin on...

Yes 20 13.33%

No. 89 59.33%

Only if there is a high r... 24 16.00%

I have no opinion....on anything...ever... 17 11.33%

Total:150
BraLoD said:
Azuren said:
BraLoD said:
Azuren said:
I don't typically go after the super easy ones, but I do Plat games I like (inFAMOUS, DCUO).

I take pride in my Platinums for Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. Dark Souls II: SotFS was also a fun time, and I wouldn't mind doing it all over again for the normal DS2 platinum. I do need to work on Dark Souls 1... But I need a buddy to keep me going on it.

I feel my next platinum will likely be Dark Souls III, though. I also intend to platinum Ni-Oh when it comes out, and eventually I'll get around to getting my Platinums for the Kingdom Hearts Remixes.

Just have to say your Souls/Blood/Nioh post is exactly what I intend as well xP
Though not exactly Dark Souls, just Bloodborne and Nioh ('cause Demon's is the Souls one I wanted, and got it).

Don't care much about trophies but if it makes me wanting to play even a bit more of such awesome stuff, yeah, I can go for them xD

Yeah, a trophy is a nice marker to say "I have to pay the game this far and this is my excuse for doing so".

Maybe one day we can get a PS4 release for LoD, and the Platinum could be "Hit a perfect Addition with Lloyd's Second Addition twice in a row" -___-;

(I fucking hate that addition... The one where he sounds around like six times? Hurricane? Typhoon? I dunno, I need to play it again)

Lloyd is not a playable character, though xP.

You are talking about Lavitz, and it's probably his fourth addition, Gust of Wind Dance, because people seems to really have trouble with it in the beginning xP (even as it's third is Rod Typhoon, and it you are mentioning its last name, it should not be it because it's really simple)

There could be a trophy to "connect a hit on Lloyd into the Hero competition" because nobody would ever get it xP
Also Lloyd is mentioned as Platinum Hair in the second chapter name, so the Platinum trophy could be a pun with him.

It would be nice if it gets trophies like PS2 games are getting now on PS4, I would like one to be about beating Faust without any of the Dragon armors or any top quality gear (the 10.000G items), because then people would need to face him and get some actual challenge while doing it.

See what I mean? Way too long since I last played it. 

Who was it that replaces Lavitz, then? 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Does anyone really care that much about trophy lists?

This is difficult to understand to me. Does the "lvl" have an meaning? All i care about plats is to complete everything a game i really like offers. Its like a "i love this game" mark. But, what do i care what others have? Seems lol worthy to me.

Telltale games mess up with it though. But well... thats what those games are. Just interactive movies. If you watch it all its over.

i don't have a single platinum trophy and i have never looked up another players trophy list because i just don't care about trophies, i don't see why anyone would ever care about them really.

Nem said:

Does anyone really care that much about trophy lists?

This is difficult to understand to me. Does the "lvl" have an meaning? All i care about plats is to complete everything a game i really like offers. Its like a "i love this game" mark. But, what do i care what others have? Seems lol worthy to me.

Telltale games mess up with it though. But well... thats what those games are. Just interactive movies. If you watch it all its over.

Just like the VgChartz Points.

E-Dick measuring.

I dont like to hunt for trophies, if i earn them in my playthrough cool, if i dont i really dont care!

Kemsus said:
i don't have a single platinum trophy and i have never looked up another players trophy list because i just don't care about trophies, i don't see why anyone would ever care about them really.

I have a friend who likes to talk out of his ass, a lot.  He will say he beat a game even though he barely got through the tutorial, things like that.  I enjoy looking at his trophy list and reminding him that he didn't get half the story mode trophies to pop and ask him why he feels he has to lie about his gaming accomplishments.

The other reason I might look at someone else's list is to see if they have trophies I don't in games that I enjoy.  If they do, I can ask them for help/advice on getting them before resorting to google.

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
Kemsus said:

I have a friend who likes to talk out of his ass, a lot.  He will say he beat a game even though he barely got through the tutorial, things like that.  I enjoy looking at his trophy list and reminding him that he didn't get half the story mode trophies to pop and ask him why he feels he has to lie about his gaming accomplishments.

The other reason I might look at someone else's list is to see if they have trophies I don't in games that I enjoy.  If they do, I can ask them for help/advice on getting them before resorting to google.

I once used this to look at the trophie list of troll here that swear he played a lot of sony games and knew they were trash (his list didn't had more than 5 games and he wasn't even level 2)... then he started saying that even though he had the console and games he used to play more at friends house.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

i used to really like hunting for trophies but now i don't care so much. i have too many trophies to actually take the time to review my history. i know only like trophies as a way to extend the gameplay of a game i'm already playing and loving enough to want to find reasons to keep playing past the end. i don't really care about that heap of digital ataboys from forever ago.

I still have to take the time to do it so no it doesn't bother me.

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

I once used this to look at the trophie list of troll here that swear he played a lot of sony games and knew they were trash (his list didn't had more than 5 games and he wasn't even level 2)... then he started saying that even though he had the console and games he used to play more at friends house.

That's what I mostly do, though.
I only have 2 Platinum trophies into my main account, have like 6 or 7 in the account of the friend I usually play with at his place (and when we have nothing to play we go hunt some trophies) and a lot of other random trophies into other friends accounts as well.

Never saw you trolling sony and pretending to have a lot of their games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Usually I dismiss someones trophies profile if I see that profile owner prefers to play games I dont really like. I like to scroll trophy lists of gamers with similar tastes, even profiles with a few plats. But...
Of course platinum players (trophy whores) arent welcome just because they prefer to play easy games. Their profiles are tasteless and dull. Maybe great to other platinum player who is looking for another easy plat.
I have no problems with my The Walking Dead or Order, or Until Dawn platinums since the games are good for me. Too easy, kinda short and quite primitive, but good.