By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

And none of those quotes, ect place the actual console at releasing this year.

Still, those are concrete examples. 

There's no quote or no indication from Nintendo whatsoever that the system won't launch in 2016 at all. Zero. Zip. Nada. None. 

Until I see all these magical new Wii U software announcements that are going to make the system viable for another 2 years, my personal feeling is there's far more evidence pointing to a 2016 launch than not. 

I mean why even let this question linger if the system is not coming out in 2016, just say so. Why have it hang over the Wii U and 3DS like this? What good does it do for the Wii U/3DS? Just say it's for 2017 then or later. They never announced a NX release date or any details so no one can say they delayed it. Why keep it an open question? 

@ bolded - by the same token, there's no quote or no indication from Nintendo (at least that I have seen) that the system won't launch in 2017.

If there is, please point me to it.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

Even in this logic, if it "exists" that means games have to already be in development for it. 

Which system do you think is going to get the next Animal Crossing? The next Splatoon? The next 3D Mario? 

It ain't going to be the Wii U, even in that case, the Wii U is just going to get the crap side of support because Nintendo has to launch strong with the NX or they are finished as a hardware maker for good. 

So all priority internally has to be for the NX, people forget it may as well be 2017 for Nintendo's designers, where we are as the "consumer" is basically always 2 years behind where these companies actually are because games don't make themselves overnight. 

The NX will largely be a success of failure based on decisions and effort Nintendo is making right now, today, and even from last year. 

True, but then again having the LoZ team free to startvwork on its own ground up NX title for a year would mean one less year we would supposedly have to wait. That could turn tides as well. 

Meh honestly fuck the Zelda team when it comes to anything time based. They can't finish anything on time and truth is it's not 1998 anymore. If they don't make the next Zelda game a dual NX/Wii U release, we're probably waiting until 2021 for the NX Zelda regardless. Zelda ain't the earth/moon/stars of the industry, it's really not even in relevance to the mass market a top 10 franchise anymore (yes that hurt to type, but it's true). 

It has a very loyal fanbase that makes a lot of noise on internet message boards and can move some decent units but it's not an industry cornerstone from a sales/impact POV anymore. 

Splatoon 2 is likely to be more important to the NX than any Zelda game. 

bigtakilla said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
Wii U replacement can't come soon enough, imo. The Wii U is the first Nintendo console, that made me not want to own it.

So you wnted the Wii, but not Wii U?

Yes. I enjoyed the Wii for about the first year or 2, then i was over motion gaming. The Wii U made me not want to own it, once i tried out that huge controller.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

You realise that was said 7 months ago!? So basically talking about NX in near future would be much later date.

Still, what as of now has been said? Nothing.

Why they need to said anything yet, they said they will talk about it in 2016. that doesnt mean at start of year. Do you know how X1 and PS4 were revile and launched, I am pretty sure Nintendo will do something similar with NX this year.

Do you know how GC, Wii, and Wii U were revealed and launched?

Of Course, but revealing hardware 18 months before launch doesn't work any more, Nintendo already said they wanted to show earlier NX but the afraid competition could still they ideas, like I wrote, I am pretty sure Nintendo will do something similar with NX this year like Sony/MS done with PS4/X1 review and launch.

Also Digitimes report, Wall Street Journal report and Nomura Securities report (Japanes business analyst firm)...all saying NX will launch in 2016.

When was last time Nintendo announced new Wii U game that isnt small project, spinoff or port!? I personally cant remember, maybe Star Fox Zero at E3 2014!? Why is that, because Nintendo is focused on NX probably from 2014. and they continue to support Wii U only with previously announced games, small projects, spinoffs and ports.

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

Only concrete evidence that it exists, and yes I think we all agree that it exists, and that it is close to announcing it. Hell, a few months to a year is all that seperates our views.

Even in this logic, if it "exists" that means games have to already be in development for it. 

Which system do you think is going to get the next Animal Crossing? The next Splatoon? The next 3D Mario? 

It ain't going to be the Wii U, even in that case, the Wii U is just going to get the crap side of support because Nintendo has to launch strong with the NX or they are finished as a hardware maker for good. 

Who Do you think played Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Splatoon OR Mario Kart 8 ? Looking at The Wii U  Base literally no One On this planet. These are good games so why should Nintendo stop promoting them only because they are a few years old? 

Why should Nintendo Release The Next Animal Crossing, The Next Splatoon OR The Next 3D Mario early in The NX Lifecycle, when they could Do something completely different to Target a different audience? Didn't they say something like this recently? 

In my opinion The NX isn't Too much of a competition for The Wii U, we don't Even know if it's a regular console anyway. I would go with The First Post and say No Wii U replacement in 2016.

Around the Network

Agreed. That's what I was saying all the time: no new Nintendo home console in 2016. I think it's hilarious that people still think a 2016 launch is possible. lol.

On Second thought, they could transfer The Wii U Games to NX and make them all playable on NX. But then Nintendo needs good Hardware, and how likely is that.^^

PerturbedKitty said:

its been a real annoyance watching people live their lives as if this NX thing is releasing 2016, end of story. look, guys, it isnt happening.

It's also been a real annoyance watching people live their lives as if this NX thing couldn't possibly releasing 2016.

The final decision about the launch date will be made by Nintendo's headquarter... could be 2016 (if their highest priority is stopping the declining hardware AND software sales of home consoles AND handhelds), could be 2017 (if their highest priority is a launch with as many launch titles as possible).

We don't know their decision yet. You don't have more/better information about their plans than the rest of us. Let's just wait and see, okay?

PerturbedKitty said:

right now, nintendo is still showing incredible support on all of its wii u software,

Incredible WiiU-support in 2016? Wait... are you typing this from a parallel universe?

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

Do you know how GC, Wii, and Wii U were revealed and launched?

Of Course, but revealing hardware 18 months before launch doesn't work any more, Nintendo already said they wanted to show earlier NX but the afraid competition could still they ideas, like I wrote, I am pretty sure Nintendo will do something similar with NX this year like Sony/MS done with PS4/X1 review and launch.

Also Digitimes report, Wall Street Journal report and Nomura Securities report (Japanes business analyst firm)...all saying NX will launch in 2016.

When was last time Nintendo announced new Wii U game that isnt small project, spinoff or port!? I personally cant remember, maybe Star Fox Zero at E3 2014!? Why is that, because Nintendo is focused on NX probably from 2014. and they continue to support Wii U only with previously announced games, small projects, spinoffs and ports.

Those were all predictions no different than what you and I are doing now.

Also, Star Fox may have been talked about 2014 with a small picture, but compare that picture to the most recent footage. Also, yet again it isn't like they couldn't announce new games. Nintendo also said they didn't want to reveal new games we'd have to wait years to get.

Gamemaster87 said:
Agreed. That's what I was saying all the time: no new Nintendo home console in 2016. I think it's hilarious that people still think a 2016 launch is possible. lol.

I finding very hilarious people ignoring things like:

"When was last time Nintendo announced new Wii U game that isnt small project, spinoff or port!? I personally cant remember, maybe Star Fox Zero at E3 2014!? Why is that, because Nintendo is focused on NX probably from 2014. and they continue to support Wii U only with previously announced games, small projects, spinoffs and ports.

Nintendo president did not mention at all 3DS/Wii U but he mentioned specifically NX in message for 2016. plans for investatiors.

Also Digitimes report, Wall Street Journal report and Nomura Securities report (Japanes business analyst firm)...all saying NX will launch in 2016."

LOL.