By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

RolStoppable said:
bigtakilla said:

How? 

You got me. 

The kitty will support what you consider a betrayal on Nintendo's part. That's why he isn't on your side. He's on mine.

There will probably be a lot of people who support it. But it will take its toll on the amount of people who buy future hardware. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
RolStoppable said:
bigtakilla said:

No he didn't.

And I never said I'd change mine.

Yes, he did.

Why don't you change it? You've got nothing else, right?

How? 

You got me. 

dont listen to him. he is just trying to turn us against eachother. Master Rol is very manipulative and has been perfecting this art for years. he will get you if you're not careful. he is never to be trusted.

PerturbedKitty said:
bigtakilla said:

How? 

You got me. 

dont listen to him. he is just trying to turn us against eachother. Master Rol is very manipulative and has been perfecting this art for years. he will get you if you're not careful. he is never to be trusted.

He's doing a pretty bad job of it.

PerturbedKitty said:
ps4tw said:

No, you didn't read what I said. I said the DC was still being sold FOR a lot in reference to the comment that the Wii U wasnnot going to stop being sold due to it's shelf price. 

The problem is you have to look past the extremely basic "it's being sold at a profit" talk from a bunch of guys that have no understanding of business and products. There is a hell of a lot more to the price of something other than it's raw parts list (which is ~$260). You have the cost of the R&D, the lifetime support of it (it breaks, who do you contact?), the entire retail cost (shipping, retail cut etc), overheads and so on. It's a very extensive list that goes far beyond "it costs this much to make". 
The idea of being able to sail on the selling of games just doesn't fly as well. When you factor into it again all the costs, yes the profit margin is high, but certainly isn't going to plug the massive gap that will exist due to the Wii U having not hit any of its projections. Hitting those goals to make a profit may not be the case, but the Wii U has sold such a small amount it is likely that they have lost money on it, backed by their loses in the last few years. Also again, there is much more than just "profit". 

sigh..you have no idea what constitutes if something is or is not financially viable beyond a very, very basic notion of profit. A "years worth of money" may not be enough, and has to be considered against ongoing development costs for other projects, and again overheads. More so, if Nintendo would have made more money by putting all the money invested in the Wii U into regular business savings, then the Wii U will be seen as a financial failure so investing anymore effort into this would be utterly foolish. 

No offence, but when you have almost no understanding of business plans and how projects are decided and ran, maybe you shouldn't be claiming something is shortsighted...

bolded: lol spending your time patronizing people isnt going to work out well for you. in fact, the last time you did that, Nem kicked your ass around the ring quite a bit (just  a couple posts before this one honestly) and i noticed you havent even responded to that one. am i just the easy target here? if you want an in depth discussion about business plans and marketing, maybe you should start arguing with that guy.

anyways, the basic point of all this is that nintendo got themselves into this mess. and they are not going to do themselves any good by subscribing to the "oh shit, its not selling as well as we would like, WE NEED TO REPLACE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!" line of thinking that so many people on here do. again, they created this situation for themselves, and they have to deal with the consequences of that. at least this system is making them money. it could be much worse. (could be like the ps3). 

I'm not being patronizing, I'm telling you the truth. Project management isn't just a bunch of people sitting in a room, but a profession, and most of the people here know little more than the absolute basics. You can go on about getting my "ass kicked around a forum" (i'll cry a river over that one, don't worry) but ultimately I know what I'm talking about, whereas almost everyone on this forum doesn't. 

They would have realised it was selling poorly years ago, so this isn't some knee-jerk reaction but fire fighting. Of course they created this situation for themselves(????), but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything...

You also completely ignored what I said about the Wii U being profitable, because it most likely isn't, and is almost certainly a failure from a business perspective. The PS3 ended up making Sony money, gave them a massive investment in the bluray market (which the competition is now paying them for), and went on to sell over 80 million units. If you think the PS3 has performed worse than the Wii U, you really need to do some business research.

RolStoppable said:
bigtakilla said:

There will probably be a lot of people who support it. But it will take its toll on the amount of people who buy future hardware.

I admire your commitment to your belief.

it may or may not matter. as you said in your thread (where you are shamelessly trying to take a piece of this nintendo drama pie), people werent buying the wii for Zelda, they were buying it for wii sports. the Wii U successor can sell 100m consoles for all we know, and porting Zelda isnt going to stop that, but Nintendo's core that carried them through this rough time would be annoyed, and it just isnt a good idea. you have to live with and deal with the mistakes you've made, and so far, they have done a good job with that. 

Around the Network
ps4tw said:
PerturbedKitty said:

bolded: lol spending your time patronizing people isnt going to work out well for you. in fact, the last time you did that, Nem kicked your ass around the ring quite a bit (just  a couple posts before this one honestly) and i noticed you havent even responded to that one. am i just the easy target here? if you want an in depth discussion about business plans and marketing, maybe you should start arguing with that guy.

anyways, the basic point of all this is that nintendo got themselves into this mess. and they are not going to do themselves any good by subscribing to the "oh shit, its not selling as well as we would like, WE NEED TO REPLACE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!" line of thinking that so many people on here do. again, they created this situation for themselves, and they have to deal with the consequences of that. at least this system is making them money. it could be much worse. (could be like the ps3). 

I'm not being patronizing, I'm telling you the truth. Project management isn't just a bunch of people sitting in a room, but a profession, and most of the people here know little more than the absolute basics. You can go on about getting my "ass kicked around a forum" (i'll cry a river over that one, don't worry) but ultimately I know what I'm talking about, whereas almost everyone on this forum doesn't. 

They would have realised it was selling poorly years ago, so this isn't some knee-jerk reaction but fire fighting. Of course they created this situation for themselves(????), but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything...

You also completely ignored what I said about the Wii U being profitable, because it most likely isn't, and is almost certainly a failure from a business perspective. The PS3 ended up making Sony money, gave them a massive investment in the bluray market (which the competition is now paying them for), and went on to sell over 80 million units. If you think the PS3 has performed worse than the Wii U, you really need to do some business research.

but i want to live in my world where nintendo is perfect and the wii u is profitable, and you've barged in it and made a ruckus and it makes me sad.

Thunderbird77 said:
curl-6 said:

Going from 60 million NES owners to 22 million Gamecube owners isn't "people leaving"?

That's two gens and it means people flowing. GC owners aren't all snes buyers.

It's still a more than 50% net decline in buyers.

SNES declined from NES, N64 declined from SNES, GC declined from N64, Wii increased from GC, now Wii U has declined from Wii. Of their last five consoles, only one has shown growth, the rest have decreased in userbase from their predecessors.

bigtakilla said:

Though he will buy whatever Nintendo makes, he recognizes it as anti consumer, and a shitty thing to do to the fanbase.

"Recognizing it as anti-consumer" counts for nothing if he still supports it financially.

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

Though he will buy whatever Nintendo makes, he recognizes it as anti consumer, and a shitty thing to do to the fanbase.

"Recognizing it as anti-consumer" counts for nothing if he still supports it financially.

But not everyone will. If I were saying "let's all not buy Nintendo products if Zelda U comes to NX" then we;d be on different sides. What I'm saying is bringing Zelda U to NX will cause people to leave. It just won't PerturbedKitty. Again, this does not mean we are on different sides.

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

But not everyone will. If I were saying "let's all not buy Nintendo products if Zelda U comes to NX" then we;d be on different sides. What I'm saying is bringing Zelda U to NX will cause people to leave. It just won't PerturbedKitty. Again, this does not mean we are on different sides.

• Bringing Zelda U to Wii U and NX will cause some people to leave.
  • Bringing Zelda U to Wii U but not to NX will cause some people to leave.
  • Bringing Zelda U to NX but not to Wii U will cause some people to leave.
  • Bringing Zelda U neither to Wii U nor to NX will cause many people to leave.
  • Whatever Nintendo does... there will be a few people leaving, no matter how stupid their reasons are.

Since there is no scenario without losing a few people, their target should be winning more people than losing... and with a dual release they have the best chances.