By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft flooding the market with way too many bundles?

Is microsoft flooding the market with too many bundle's?

Yes! They should cut back! 61 65.59%

No! If anything, they should have more! 32 34.41%

Total:93

With the tom clancy bundle, we now have 12 bundle's from Microsoft! That is far too much, and I worry Microsoft canibalized sales of some bundle's because of this. They need to cut back to just 3-4 bundle's, and start fresh. Standard Halo 5 bundle at 349, this tom clancy bundle, and perhaps a quantum break bundle. Either way, this strategy of just shoving a dozen bundle's into the market is failing them, as the Gears bundle is the only one that's selling. The rest are just sitting there on the shelves. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

I've got 9 on the list. Can't even remember the other 3.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

There is no point in having a bundle unless its appealing and marketed well. Star Wars , BLOPSIII were. Halo 5 (overpriced) and Fallout 4 (lame boxart) weren't.

It's better than giving a $60 coupon to buy a game with. Or is it?

snyps said:
It's better than giving a $60 coupon to buy a game with. Or is it?

i would personally take a $60 voucher to the xb marketplace/psn over any bundle i've ever seen all gen.

Around the Network

Yes, too damn many bundles. Discount and clear out most of what you already have. Retailers only have so much shelf space for a system which isn't selling well enough to warrant 12 bundles, imo.

yes and they seem to not be helping sales

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Sometimes less is more.

Quality bundle and focus, with marketing.... would be better I feel.

".....we now have 12 bundle's"

More than I thought, cant even remember half of them jeez.

Any bundles with physical games?
Why print different bundles with game tokens anyway. Just include 2 free downloads of your own choice, done. Yet I guess it's cheap to print different designs and maybe some will catch on? Still easier to print all those games on the box and put "pick 2" on it...

umm no? Sony bundles every third party game they bought rights to as well. Options are bad on this website when it comes to Microsoft because this site is biased as hell. Sad that people can't be objective.