By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo CEO Kimishima´s plans for 2016 in Japanese newspaper

Gimmie the Zelda, Kid Ikarus and Fire Emblem animes already, just make shure that everyone who works on the Pokémon Anime ISN'T involved with it...
Also details=release for me :v

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Darwinianevolution said:
If Nintendo is thinking about making animes of their franchises, does that mean we could get a Kid Icarus series? Or a Spatoon anime, now that is all the rage in Japan?

Iirc Splatoon did have a manga or something already, but I wouldn't get my hopes too high if Pokemon and that Animal Crossing movie are any indication of how future animes will go. 

Now that I think about it they already did that crossover with the Ika Musume clothes in Splatoon, I think they might make a crossover in the anime aswell and I could dig that a lot too <.<

I hope we get an Earthbound anime! Not a big fan of playing RPGs but I like some of their stories including Earthbound!

I seriously hope that "anime" was just a translation error, and he really meant simply "animation." The pre-rendered cut scenes in smash, fire emblem, on top of the pikmin shorts would all be better directions to go in terms of appealing to Japan as well as America and Europe.

Damn, I can't wait to know when we'll actually learn something about the NX. Hopefully it's E3 at max.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

It's that last year's advertised transformation (E3) is shaping up nicely.
The next Investor's meeting is going to be sweet! :)

Give me the theme park and a Kid Icarus anime and I'll be a very happy man!
Preferably in this style:
https://youtu.be/e8r958hlu_M

NX will release next year and will be console-only. I'll quote this once the time is ready.

PxlStorm said:
NX will release next year and will be console-only. I'll quote this once the time is ready.

I doubt Nintendo is going to alienate 80% of their hardware audience by going console-only. Even in the declining portable market, more people bought a 3DS in Japan alone than the Wii U worldwide (by a wide margin). 

If they go that route that it will almost certainly be a portable console. Which all things considered may not be the worst thing in the world. It would be different from pretty much anything on the market to an immediately understandable degree. 

Soundwave said:
PxlStorm said:

I doubt Nintendo is going to alienate 80% of their hardware audience by going console-only. Even in the declining portable market, more people bought a 3DS in Japan alone than the Wii U worldwide (by a wide margin). 

If they go that route that it will almost certainly be a portable console. Which all things considered may not be the worst thing in the world. It would be different from pretty much anything on the market to an immediately understandable degree. 

I never said they'd not make a handheld. It just won't be part of the NX.