By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo CEO Kimishima´s plans for 2016 in Japanese newspaper

SJReiter said:
Only "details" on the NX? Uh oh, that's not a good sign.

What else he will say at this point about NX in newspaper interview!? We launch NX this year but you need to wait first to reveal it!?

Around the Network
Hiku said:
bigtakilla said:

Again though, it was a RESPONSE not something he brought up, and a pretty bad one being he really didn't even use the NX codename in the response.

Re-read the post because you missed both points completely.

1.) You can't claim that he was directly asked about it in the previous public announcement he was refering to, unless you have some proof of this. Which public announcement is he refering to?

2.) It doesn't even matter if he was directly asked about it or not, so it's a completely moot point to begin with. Nintendo will not say anything they aren't supposed to say at the time no matter how many times interviewers ask them directly about it.
If you seriously think that's how it works, then we would already know details about PS5 today, simply by interviewing a Sony exec.

Well, for point 2 he is also saying less than what we already knew about the device. Hardly reads like a push for the console.

For point 1, link the entire article.

awesome news among some of this info. Splatoon will more than likely get an anime over others due to its recent popularity and some of its trends and art style generally lend itself to it. They even announced two manga adaptions like a week ago too

bigtakilla said:

Volterra_90 said:
Anime based on Nintendo characters? Oh, my, I'm hyped. I truly want a Fire Emblem anime. I think it'd work great if they do it right.

Your wish has been granted, and now I bid you farewell.

Yeah, I've seen it. I see potential in doing a whole season to start (not just some OVAs), because the OVAs are good. And with new animation, it could look gorgeous. 

JRPGfan said:
So they plan to make more money... by focusing LESS on consoles.

So instead of trying to just make their console better...
They will make Animes & theme parks, and focus on mobile phone games.

And people are happy about this?

Who said they were focusing less on consoles? Just a couple weeks ago Kimishima stated that the dedicated gaming business would continue to be their core focus going forward. It has been stated by him & Iwata multiple times that these new business ventures are meant to increase the strength of the overall Nintendo brand which can potentially increase the appeal of their dedicated gaming platforms.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Still as vague as ever, but these next few months will definitely be interesting for Nintendo

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

February 2 is the next investor meeting so we may get some details then.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

sc94597 said:
I still think we'll only get the handheld version of NX this year. March/April for the home-console form-factor.

I think its quite unlikely at this point that any version of the NX will be out this year. what is the rush anyway? keep the fans happy with strong support for the Wii U and then bring out the NX in like 2017. its not as if Nintendo HAS to release the system during the holidays or whatever necessarily

I'm hypé!

zorg1000 said:
February 2 is the next investor meeting so we may get some details then.

Looking forward for next investor meeting, we always get some infos.