By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Hollywood reporter:says 'Star Wars' Now Unlikely to Beat 'Avatar' Global Record.

Force Awakens will surpass Avatars 2.788 billion.

Agree. 27 24.77%

Disagree. 63 57.80%

Fucked if I know. 19 17.43%

Total:109
Munchies said:

It's definitely unlikely, but surpassing Titanic is on lock.

No, it's not.

Around the Network

Obviously it wouldn't beat Avatar. Star Wars wasn't 3D enough.

Lawlight said:
Munchies said:

It's definitely unlikely, but surpassing Titanic is on lock.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is for the most part it just needs a bit more then 400 million and will be in theaters for at least another 100 days or more.

AZWification said:

What a shame, TFA is so much better than that mediocre movie.

They are both fairly mediocre movies. I find it amusing that the 3 top movies are movies I would not even put in a top 100 movies list.

I think they make a valid point. It's the worldwide audience that is needed to put TFA above Avatar. I have little doubt that TFA will top $1 billion in the USA, but can the rest of the world be relied on to give TFA the $1.7 billion needed to topple Avatar's global gross? I think it can get close, but I'm not certain it can get past it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I never thought it would, i think it'll finish around 2.2 billion

John2290 said:
Wonktonodi said:
There are already 2 star wars the force awakens box office threads

This is a news Article.

it should be posted in the star wars vs avatar box office thread, considering it's that exact topic

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=211521&page=1

yeah, sounds resonable!! so, somewhere between Titanic and Avatar the chances are

as long as it surpassed the average films that are just below Titanic, I'm satisfied

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Unless tfa tAKES off in China. It wont be titanic . Its almost 400 million give or take behind titanic at this point
Avatar not a chance in hell. Thank god

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 11 September 2018