By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Instagram 'removes' post by activist Amber Amour 'live blogging' her rape

SpokenTruth said:
o_O.Q said:

"the very fact you are even trying to create cirucmstances or faults on her side as valid reasons to rape"

did you really just post that he is trying to validate rape?

If she says stop and you don't = rape.

If he still thinks it's ok after she says stop = validating rape.

Just curious on your view on this. Let's say 2 people get drunk at a party, hook up, have sex. Girl is on top, and midway through the guy sobers up enough to realize what's going on, and wants to stop. Girl is drunk, about to climax, so she still keeps going. That's her raping him then, no? Just want to be clear that it's rape both ways.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network

I'm glad Instagram at least apologised for their mistake and restored her image.

It takes almost unimaginable strength to do what she did.

1) If she claims to have been raped, investigate. if she was a stupid lier, sue her for all the $$$ her lying heart is worth.

2) Who the hell goes on Instagram after being raped? WHERE'S THE LOGIC?

"AH, I'VE JUST BEEN RAPED! Even though I have much evidence on my body, I'll decide to share it on social media!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

Maybe that person should not have sex if he/she can't control his/her hormones. That temporary insanity is used for murder cases is bad enough, now also for rape cases? Are people really that bad at controlling their hormones.
Interestingly killing your rapist is sometimes considered justifiable homicide, if you kill the person after the rape has initiated yet before it is over... How the heck do you proof that.

Yes, controlling hormones... are you for real? Controlling instincts I'm aware of, but how do your hormones? Do you ask your brain to send other hormones?

Moronic is to start sex thinking about when to stop it to upset your partner and perhaps see if he will agree or not with the stoppage.

Controlling your actions I mean of course. Self control. Mornonic is to keep going if your partner says it hurts.

Yes, if it's because it hurts yes, but if just to show who is the boss it's moronic on her. Perhaps you should read the whole convo with the other guy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SpokenTruth said:
Raze said:

Just curious on your view on this. Let's say 2 people get drunk at a party, hook up, have sex. Girl is on top, and midway through the guy sobers up enough to realize what's going on, and wants to stop. Girl is drunk, about to climax, so she still keeps going. That's her raping him then, no? Just want to be clear that it's rape both ways.

Yes, that is rape.  I forget if it was this thread or the the other one but I specified at one point that gender was irrelevant in the definition of rape.  It's certainly more rare that it happens from that side but it's most certainly rape and warrants equal treatment under the law.

Unless you saw a thread like 2 months ago that had reports that man being rapped was almost as common as woman being rapped but do to the idea of man needing to be stronger they were even more ashamed to report, and also because men should want to have sex them even if he didn't want he wouldn't say he don't... and both would lead to men being ashamed and having very little support, becausse the narrative is that only men is rapists.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
DonFerrari said:
SpokenTruth said:

Yes, that is rape.  I forget if it was this thread or the the other one but I specified at one point that gender was irrelevant in the definition of rape.  It's certainly more rare that it happens from that side but it's most certainly rape and warrants equal treatment under the law.

Unless you saw a thread like 2 months ago that had reports that man being rapped was almost as common as woman being rapped but do to the idea of man needing to be stronger they were even more ashamed to report, and also because men should want to have sex them even if he didn't want he wouldn't say he don't... and both would lead to men being ashamed and having very little support, becausse the narrative is that only men is rapists.

Your reasonsings are all valid though I'm highly dubious of a statistic that claims rape is near equally as prevelant against men as it is against women.

I'm unsure how valid the research that posted that (with even claims that men suffered more rapes). But yes the same mentality that says it's ok to think of women as a sexual object validates that all men want to have sex no matter what so the women that rape think they aren't raping they are doing a favor to the guy. (case in mind, from my experience, if the woman is pretty enough or good enough in bed most men would be happy with the outcome even if they were "abused" because of alcohol or being in sleep state... perhaps the femdom wouldn't make they as happy). But as you said the education route will be long.

SpokenTruth said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm unsure how valid the research that posted that (with even claims that men suffered more rapes). But yes the same mentality that says it's ok to think of women as a sexual object validates that all men want to have sex no matter what so the women that rape think they aren't raping they are doing a favor to the guy. (case in mind, from my experience, if the woman is pretty enough or good enough in bed most men would be happy with the outcome even if they were "abused" because of alcohol or being in sleep state... perhaps the femdom wouldn't make they as happy). But as you said the education route will be long.

No doubt it would get reported less as a percentage of total instances due to embarrassment and/or pride in having been desired at that level.  That said, there is no way the actual number of instances (reported or not) is even remotely close to parity.

I found a report from the CDC but the the media was skewing their definion of rape as encompassing things such as "lies or false promises, threats to end a relationship or spread negative gossip, or 'making repeated requests' for sex and expressing unhappiness at being turned down." as counting towards the rape numbers.  The media failed to note that those were not counted as rapes but sexual coercion.   They also applied 2 seperate categories to state the equal 1.1% figure.  Actual rapes from the CDC survey were 18.3% (1 out of every 5) for women and 1.4% (1 out of every 71) for men. 

It's not even close even using the CDC reports.
2010 and 2011.

I did find another report from the Daily Mail but that's to be looked at dubiously to begin with given the source.  That one extrapolated rape data from a prison population to claim parity among the sexes but even that fails considering the circumstances and the fact their numbers use different stats.  Women's figures were purely rape only in the general social population while the male figures included any unwanted sexual circumstance of any kind while in prison.

On activistm the rule more often than not is to spin the number the best one can.

I also find it hard to consider a parity, but if we see that nowadays a man wouldn't consider being "coerced" into sex as rape and a woman would then even CDC reports could end up very wrong.

Not that the distribution or even the numbers matter... what matter is that it happens at both sides and one would need to understand the reasons to better attack the issue through education.

My cousin had 6 dates with a woman he abhorred because he feared the bad fame that he was a sissy for turning her down (and she was fucking ugly).