By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 3 Best Selling Retail Exclusives Per System Released in 2015

Splatoon is definitely the surprise hit

Pretty good numbers for all consoles, overall

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Dang, not too bad at all for all the consoles... well, except the Vita. Ouch those sales... x_x;

Also, is Splatoon really almost at 4 mil..??

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Boskabo said:
Ruler said:

Bloodborne should sell 5 million lifetime

Incredibly unlikely unless you start to count an eventual psplus release. No way it's going to outsell what DS1 has moved so far across three platforms, including one where it has moved significant numbers at ultra-low prices.

10m for U4 is also optimistic, it's way, way beyond any of the previous instalments. People who got the collection are not necessarily repeat buyers either, especially when releases are so close they mightn't have finished Nathan Drake's previous adventures.

it will, its selling more than DS1 in same time frame

Ruler said:

Except those DS1 numbers include PC legs, which are far longer than console legs. DS1 was a slow candle too, the Prepare to die rerelease and Pc version did way more than the old hunters/complete edition did.

You can look at the 5m titles on PS3 to see this really lacks the broad appeal required. We're talking Uncharted 1, LBP, Last of Us, FF XIII, etc. here.

Boskabo said:
Ruler said:

Except those DS1 numbers include PC legs, which are far longer than console legs. DS1 was a slow candle too, the Prepare to die rerelease and Pc version did way more than the old hunters/complete edition did.

You can look at the 5m titles on PS3 to see this really lacks the broad appeal required. We're talking Uncharted 1, LBP, Last of Us, FF XIII, etc. here.

This. Bloodborne is to niche.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:

Halo could be the best selling exclusive game for a while on the XB1 despite poor sales for the series. Shame that a remaster tops the list for the PS4. Splatoon doing crazy numbers. Vita - meh!

Uncharted include's bundling, so it is a bit unfair.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

So Splatoon was actually the highest selling exclusive across all platforms in 2015. If someone made this prediction in 2014, how hard would he/she be mocked/trashed? :P

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

barneystinson69 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Halo could be the best selling exclusive game for a while on the XB1 despite poor sales for the series. Shame that a remaster tops the list for the PS4. Splatoon doing crazy numbers. Vita - meh!

I mean if that is the case then both Halo 5 and Gears include bundles as well don't they?

OT:

Wow not bad and look at that a Wii U exclusive sits on top and it is Splatoon at that!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

So Splatoon beat both the Uncharted collection and Halo 5? That is impressive. If every time Nintendo pushes a new IP results in something like this, they will swim in money once more. Then again, Codename S.T.E.A.M. also released in 2015, so...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

barneystinson69 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I agree, it was the only bundle to get a $50 price drop on Black Friday. This massively inflated sales.