By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars Episode VIII to be "much darker" in tone

I hope we get a mix of Episode III with episode V because I really liked those two episodes the most for being dark and having the dark side characters at their best. Kylo in episode VII looked and sounded like a whiny kid who raged whenever he didn't get a thing is his but hopefully that will all change by episode VIII.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Welp, one of the main character's losing a hand...

Given that picture I would agree that Star Wars will continue getting Darker.

The second chapter in a trilogy generaly is darker and end in a bad place for the heroes. And we all know Rey is loosing a hand, question is, will it be Kylo, Snoke or a new foe ?

Holy shit, I forgot Rian Johnson is directing VIII. I don't know about the story, but I have full faith in Johnson as a director. He hasn't made a bad flick yet. Hell, he even directed a handful of Breaking Bad episodes in the final season.

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:
The second chapter in a trilogy generaly is darker and end in a bad place for the heroes. And we all know Rey is loosing a had, question is, will it be Kylo, Snoke or a new foe ?

I think Kylo won't be the main villain of episode VIII. I think a new knight of Ren will steal the show and will be portrayed by Benicio Del Toro (who refuse the role of Darth Maul on Episode I).

rccsetzer said:
DakonBlackblade said:
The second chapter in a trilogy generaly is darker and end in a bad place for the heroes. And we all know Rey is loosing a had, question is, will it be Kylo, Snoke or a new foe ?

I think Kylo won't be the main villain of episode VIII. I think a new knight of Ren will steal the show and will be portrayed by Benicio Del Toro (who refuse the role of Darth Maul on Episode I).

Ye Id bet on Del Toros character as well. I forsee an internal power strugle on the Knights of Ren with Del Toros character defying Ren and claming hi is weak for having lost to Rey, and setting out to kill her himself.

Kinda expected I think.

I want to see Chewie biting someone's head off.. There should be lots of anger in him.. You don't wanna make a wookie mad

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

kitler53 said:
let me guess,.. kylo ren ends up being rey's father.

It's like the Galaxy isn't big enough to let people like not sharing blood in the SW Universe.

PiratesWay said:

LOL, no thanks. Maybe Luke can use some eyeliner for that wrinkly face.

It's not like I was proposing the thing either.

KLAMarine said:
Oh god, more Star Wars marketing crap plastered everywhere.

Kill me. The majority of the movies weren't even that good. Ugh.

You will eventually join the Darkside or die fighting.

Fei-Hung said:
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

1) Leia being killed since she lost Solo and was the one who convinced him to bring their son back

I have the feeling that OG characters will die but maybe the main reason behind it may be that actors and actresses are old and may not be around for the sequels.

Chazore said:
I hope we get a mix of Episode III with episode V because I really liked those two episodes the most for being dark and having the dark side characters at their best. Kylo in episode VII looked and sounded like a whiny kid who raged whenever he didn't get a thing is his but hopefully that will all change by episode VIII.

I am quoting you just because you said something positive about a prequel film and dammit I want to celebrate that.

I am considering the possibility that they will give a lot of screentime to Kylo and his development.

If that happens maybe they will have a plot twist with him, like leaving the Darkside, and have his story of redemption (which may be hard to digest considering what he did in TFA).

noname2200 said:
Welp, one of the main character's losing a hand...

Eyes will be very alert at any similarities from the new movies with the old films from now on for sure.

Moac said:
Given that picture I would agree that Star Wars will continue getting Darker.

Race joke alert.

DakonBlackblade said:

The second chapter in a trilogy generaly is darker and end in a bad place for the heroes. And we all know Rey is loosing a hand, question is, will it be Kylo, Snoke or a new foe ?

Yeah, because now they will show something hard that they need to overcome in the third film.

NiKKoM said:
I want to see Chewie biting someone's head off.. There should be lots of anger in him.. You don't wanna make a wookie mad

You know that's not gonna happen. :P

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1