By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet & Clank (2016) pre-order availability and release dates specifics for EU

I've had it on pre-order for months lol, so I'm not sure what to make of the "you can pre-order the game at this very moment" part

Super hyped for this! April can't come soon enough.

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
QUAKECore89 said:
I don't think i should buy it, cause i pre-ordered 4 games... .-.

If you're a fan of the series I'd try to find a way. At this point it's either the movie has to take off and get a big kid following or the game needs to make some waves on shelves or Ratchet will likely end up stuck with low-budget and/or nontraditional releases like we've had the past four outings (counting this one). With Uncharted releasing very close to it Sony is in danger of damning this game Resistance-style unless it either sells hot early or maintains value for a good six months into the holidays. Knowing the series, it needs to be the former.

Thankfully this is garnering a lot of love outside of the core fanbase because of how pretty it looks, so maybe the series can start pushing sales past the million mark again like it deserves as one of the old guards of PlayStation. Either way, if you follow the series and want it to keep going, I'd legitimately try to pick it up by June. 

Well i have Ratchet & Clank trilogy for the PS2 on the shelf, they're all still shrink wrapped. xD If only i have time for this new one, why, because we have Quantum Break, Dark Souls III, Star Fox Zero & Uncharted 4 on April(this is i pre-ordered).

Maybe i'll pick it up by May.

ghettoglamour said:

Awful timing for the movie too. Uncharted 4 is bigger than the game and the movie together.

I suppose people with limited $$$ may be facing a situation of which title to purchase, given the close release date.

But maybe it won't have much effet, hopefully.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

QUAKECore89 said:

Well i have Ratchet & Clank trilogy for the PS2 on the shelf, they're all still shrink wrapped. xD If only i have time for this new one, why, because we have Quantum Break, Dark Souls III, Star Fox Zero & Uncharted 4 on April(this is i pre-ordered).

Maybe i'll pick it up by May.

If you ever get the time, try the original version of 1 AFTER you play the remake and other games. It's a great game on its own, it's simply a black sheep since the second game onward all play in a slightly different style.

SnakeDrake said:

Well I want to see where they take the series after this since this is captain qwart retelling the original game. I doubt he wants to talk about the 2nd one lol. I hope I get to see captain qwart funeral scene in the third game lol. I'd buy a ticket just for that lol.

I highly doubt they'll remake any others. The idea of this was to tie into the movie by fixing up the outlying game in the series from a gameplay perspective. They simply wanted to do the first game justice. From here I think they'd do a sequel movie that takes place independently of the other games, possibly in the gaps between CiT and A4O or even after ItN. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Ok guys why is April 2016 so awesome? So much games and no time to play... ^-^