By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider – Officially Coming On January 28th, Minimum Requirements, First 4K PC Screenshots

Should be able to run this no problem. January is a lot sooner than I was expecting. Guess SE needs the PC money early.

Around the Network

I think that there must've been a clause in the exclusivity contract that allowed this to be released early for PC/potentially PS4 if the initial launch was underwhelming.

yeah 4k are exaggeration, even for pc owner like me cannot afford 4k.

Scoobes said:
Should be able to run this no problem. January is a lot sooner than I was expecting. Guess SE needs the PC money early.

They said it was coming to PC early 2016 and January 28th is early 2016.

zero129 said:
HollyGamer said:

Hasnt this been the case everytime res jumped? Even if users like me or you cant afford it at first the is users who can.. The was a time when i couldnt go past like 800x600, then 720P, then 1080P now i can game in 2k res on most new games and can easy go to 4k in every game from before 2014. when i upgrade again in 2 or 3 years time im pretty sure ill be playing all new games at 4k and i get to reply all them old games again in higher res with better effects without having to buy a remaster.

like i said for now it's exegeration i am preffere playing new games with better visual then playing old game with 4k resolution, .  In PC world more money you invest the more quality you get, it's a bit of sad

Around the Network
melbye said:
Scoobes said:

They said it was coming to PC early 2016 and January 28th is early 2016.

Guess so. When they announce it as vaguely as they did I usually assume they mean the latter end (so March-ish).

My specs stomp those minimum specs.

But why on earth did they include minimum requirements for input? Do they think we're trying to play video games with a banana or something?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

zero129 said:
HollyGamer said:
zero129 said:
HollyGamer said:

Hasnt this been the case everytime res jumped? Even if users like me or you cant afford it at first the is users who can.. The was a time when i couldnt go past like 800x600, then 720P, then 1080P now i can game in 2k res on most new games and can easy go to 4k in every game from before 2014. when i upgrade again in 2 or 3 years time im pretty sure ill be playing all new games at 4k and i get to reply all them old games again in higher res with better effects without having to buy a remaster.

like i said for now it's exegeration i am preffere playing new games with better visual then playing old game with 4k resolution, .  In PC world more money you invest the more quality you get, it's a bit of sad

Its kinda like that in every world the is always people who want the best. Even in that PS4 thread about the rumor that sony might release a 4k PS4 the was many users who said they would spend the extra cash for the upgrade. 4k is too expensive for me atm, but i still like that games are being made for that res now.

Also we have a few users on here who should have no problem running this game in 4k, CGI-Quality is one of them, his got a beast of a PC.

And ? why mentioning , PS4, Do you always compare console and PC for every thread, you clearly start an argument that will not not end for your side, Like i said for PC gaming divide in many ways, not every PC spec can play 4k. So please dont assume 4K for  "every" PC is a good side of PC.  And dont mention 4K PS4, because it's not yet confirm, even the idea is considered ridiculous  

and then you mention few people who can play 4k??? you should change the title 4K PC for spesific person LOL :V :V :V

i expected a 4k ass shot.. dissappointed... and i'm not the only one..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:
zero129 said:

Its kinda like that in every world the is always people who want the best. Even in that PS4 thread about the rumor that sony might release a 4k PS4 the was many users who said they would spend the extra cash for the upgrade. 4k is too expensive for me atm, but i still like that games are being made for that res now.

Also we have a few users on here who should have no problem running this game in 4k, CGI-Quality is one of them, his got a beast of a PC.

And ? why mentioning , PS4, Do you always compare console and PC for every thread, you clearly start an argument that will not not end for your side, Like i said for PC gaming divide in many ways, not every PC spec can play 4k. So please dont assume 4K for  "every" PC is a good side of PC.  And dont mention 4K PS4, because it's not yet confirm, even the idea is considered ridiculous  

and then you mention few people who can play 4k??? you should change the title 4K PC for spesific person LOL :V :V :V

In fairness, I don't think his PS4 mention was done to incite a negative reaction from people. He's just saying that they are folks willing to splurge on such a high-end feature, despite the many who can't afford to/won't. 

I know! I'm one of those people that will drop the benjies, as he noted!

That's why, enthusiast gamer reperesent 4K not PC as whole, even if PS4 came with 4K, people who can afford who can play 4K PS4 with 4k monitor, the same with PC. I am happy for you who can afford it, but you have the enthsiast card because that is your job (making animation). For me it's a bit of watse, maybe in the future , 4k will be the standard.