By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Contributor to Forbes : Sony VR to be more than x 3 that of Oculus Rift In 2016

I hope VR is unsuccessful

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:
I hope VR is unsuccessful

Amen 👼

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
JRPGfan said:
Vrruumm said:
Oculus is targeting specific audiences which will make it more meaningful to players on the market. 

How many games for Oculus Rift are in developement or out now? that are really decent budget games?

Vrruumm said:
  PS VR seems more like a gimmick and something that will be used for about 2 years and abandoned just like PS Move. Oculus Rift may require more money to get started, but it is set up to meet a certain standard. PS VR seems to be the acceptable route for mini games and casual type games. I haven't see anything worth while from PS VR.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35249215

PS VR has more than 100+ titles in development for it.

Vrruumm said:
Oculus Rift may require more money to get started, but it is set up to meet a certain standard. PS VR seems to be the acceptable route for mini games and casual type games. I haven't see anything worth while from PS VR.

You have that backwards in my opinion.

Its going to be the otherway around, sony s PS VR is getting massive support.

And?  You haven't really invalidate my opinion.  Massive support doesn't automatically make something better.  Quality games that hold some actual value to the consumer does.  Oculus may not have 100s of games, but they are targeting very specific audiences.  It may not relate to more sales, but users are getting a more quality experience from VR.  PS VR is targeting a more general audience and with their 100s of games are trying to get that impulse buy from gamers who will later find out that only 5 of those 100 games will be worth it.  People love to brag about numbers/quantity, but it doesn't mean much when a large portion of the games found are nothing more than $5 smartphone games.  You say I am backwards, maybe your priorities in choosing the best product on the market are skewed by bias.

Favorite Game Franchises-

Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Gotham Racing, Need for Speed, Burnout, TOCA Race Driver/Race Driver/Grid, Colin McRae Rally/Dirt, Halo, TimeSplitters, Splinter Cell, Gears of War, Borderlands, and Call of Duty.

Let's just say I love racing games followed by shooters and the Xbox One has filled this love.

Vrruumm said:
JRPGfan said:
Vrruumm said:
Oculus is targeting specific audiences which will make it more meaningful to players on the market. 

How many games for Oculus Rift are in developement or out now? that are really decent budget games?

Vrruumm said:
  PS VR seems more like a gimmick and something that will be used for about 2 years and abandoned just like PS Move. Oculus Rift may require more money to get started, but it is set up to meet a certain standard. PS VR seems to be the acceptable route for mini games and casual type games. I haven't see anything worth while from PS VR.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35249215

PS VR has more than 100+ titles in development for it.

Vrruumm said:
Oculus Rift may require more money to get started, but it is set up to meet a certain standard. PS VR seems to be the acceptable route for mini games and casual type games. I haven't see anything worth while from PS VR.

You have that backwards in my opinion.

Its going to be the otherway around, sony s PS VR is getting massive support.

And?  You haven't really invalidate my opinion.  Massive support doesn't automatically make something better.  Quality games that hold some actual value to the consumer does.  Oculus may not have 100s of games, but they are targeting very specific audiences.  It may not relate to more sales, but users are getting a more quality experience from VR.  PS VR is targeting a more general audience and with their 100s of games are trying to get that impulse buy from gamers who will later find out that only 5 of those 100 games will be worth it.  People love to brag about numbers/quantity, but it doesn't mean much when a large portion of the games found are nothing more than $5 smartphone games.  You say I am backwards, maybe your priorities in choosing the best product on the market are skewed by bias.

Your tag says favorite game(s) series and is full of raceing games.

PS VR will have:

Project cars, Trackmania turbo, Driveclub, Grand Turismo Sports, and likely more big raceing car games for VR.

There are plenty of big titles for it, not just 100s of 5$ smart phone quality games.

" You say I am backwards, maybe your priorities in choosing the best product on the market are skewed by bias." - Vrruumm

"Psychological projection, also known as blame shifting, is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others."

from your own tag:

"Let's just say I love racing games followed by shooters.  Probably the reason why I bought an Xbox One, probably because I am an Xbox One fanboy, and I know you love that too." - Vrruumm.

Yes I think the PS4 is the best console this gen.

But your massively downplaying PS VR.

I think Sony can really take advantage of this situation here. Oculus Rift is launching at an extremely high price, if Sony can launch at something like $400US, they can be seen as the 'good guys' much like the PS4/Xbox 1 launch situation where MS were online-only and limited second hand games. Will be very interesting to see how Sony handle this.

Around the Network

buh, I don't know, I feel like VR is something more appropriate for PC gamers, also do we have statistics on how many PCs capable of running Oculus are out there right now ? because I feel like they are way more than 34M...

Luke888 said:
buh, I don't know, I feel like VR is something more appropriate for PC gamers, also do we have statistics on how many PCs capable of running Oculus are out there right now ? because I feel like they are way more than 34M...

More than 36M you mean?

Also I dont know the answear to how many capable gameing PCs above recammended specs for Oculus Rift are out there, but Nvidia has a estimate of it.

Its actually in the first post of this thread, its about 13M.

Its one of the reasons the writer of the article thinks that PS VR will sell more than x3 times as much.

Luke888 said:

Sounds like you didn't read the OP, because that's exactly what this "3x" is based upon:

According to NVIDIA, there are currently only about 13 million PCs worldwide capable of properly running Oculus Rift.

But there are already 36 million sold PS4s capable of running PSVR.

I just don't see it. Call me pessimistic but the prices are just too high. Plunking down an extra ~$400 on a peripheral for a console that you already spent a couple hundred on, to play a limited amount of games doesn't scream mass market to me (it screams Kinect).

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

kowenicki said:
I do wish there was a rule on quoting this as Forbes. Its a blog.

More importantly, do you agree? It might be a blog post but it's a well written piece that provides a lot of facts. Not anybody can blog on Forbes and if it has been published on Forbes then it's endorsed by Forbes.