Alright, let's go in-depth here. I'll expand later, with other posts:
· The very first game (no. 350), Max Payne 2, is an awesome game. Though I have hard time deciding whether it's better than the original, which brings me to the next point.
· No Max Payne 1 in the list. :(
· Professor Layton & The Curious Village is the first one that comes up in the list. Which means it's the least voted Layton. That's sacrilege. The Curious Village is Layton's best adventure, with the best Layton puzzles to date, aside from some genuinely great from The Diabolical Box and the Unwonund Future (never played more, aside from PW vs Layton)
· Tales of Xillia is better considered than Tales of Vesperia, which I don't agree. Vesperia is superior from Xillia in every way.
· Surprised to see Silent Hill 2 at 205. I would have expected better, considering the masterpiece that game is.
· I don't have to mention it, but Metal Gear Solid 2 deserves to be in any Top Ten spot. No. 78, especially four spots behind MGS4, is a disservice to the game.
· Surprised to see Splatoon so "low", at no. 47. Considering the Top 50, I expected better of it.
· TOO MANY POKEMON GAMES ON THE TOP FIFTY.
· The Last of Us has fallen some positions on the list. Which is an interesting thing to see, considering how Uncharted 2 remains strong and C-C-Combo breaks the Nintendo Top Ten (well, that, and Resident Evil 4, though considering it's Gamecube origins one could argue it used to be a Nintendo game).
· SMASH BROS WIIU WINNING OVER SMASH BROS MELEE?! Colour me surprised.
· Wind Waker > A Link to the Past.
· Ocarina of Time doesn't deserve spot 1. It simply doesn't. There are a lot of games that I would consider over OoT, and I'd say that it is a game that has aged terribly (Wind Waker would be desirable over OoT, as an example). That game still remains strong after so many VGC Greatest Games, though, which is a rare sight to behold.