By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 350 Greatest Games

Alright, let's go in-depth here. I'll expand later, with other posts:

· The very first game (no. 350), Max Payne 2, is an awesome game. Though I have hard time deciding whether it's better than the original, which brings me to the next point.

· No Max Payne 1 in the list. :(

· Professor Layton & The Curious Village is the first one that comes up in the list. Which means it's the least voted Layton. That's sacrilege. The Curious Village is Layton's best adventure, with the best Layton puzzles to date, aside from some genuinely great from The Diabolical Box and the Unwonund Future (never played more, aside from PW vs Layton)

· Tales of Xillia is better considered than Tales of Vesperia, which I don't agree. Vesperia is superior from Xillia in every way.

· Surprised to see Silent Hill 2 at 205. I would have expected better, considering the masterpiece that game is.

· I don't have to mention it, but Metal Gear Solid 2 deserves to be in any Top Ten spot. No. 78, especially four spots behind MGS4, is a disservice to the game.

· Surprised to see Splatoon so "low", at no. 47. Considering the Top 50, I expected better of it.

· TOO MANY POKEMON GAMES ON THE TOP FIFTY.

· The Last of Us has fallen some positions on the list. Which is an interesting thing to see, considering how Uncharted 2 remains strong and C-C-Combo breaks the Nintendo Top Ten (well, that, and Resident Evil 4, though considering it's Gamecube origins one could argue it used to be a Nintendo game).

· SMASH BROS WIIU WINNING OVER SMASH BROS MELEE?! Colour me surprised.

· Wind Waker > A Link to the Past.

· Ocarina of Time doesn't deserve spot 1. It simply doesn't. There are a lot of games that I would consider over OoT, and I'd say that it is a game that has aged terribly (Wind Waker would be desirable over OoT, as an example). That game still remains strong after so many VGC Greatest Games, though, which is a rare sight to behold.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Alright, let's go in-depth here. I'll expand later, with other posts:

· The very first game (no. 350), Max Payne 2, is an awesome game. Though I have hard time deciding whether it's better than the original, which brings me to the next point.

· No Max Payne 1 in the list. :(

· Professor Layton & The Curious Village is the first one that comes up in the list. Which means it's the least voted Layton. That's sacrilege. The Curious Village is Layton's best adventure, with the best Layton puzzles to date, aside from some genuinely great from The Diabolical Box and the Unwonund Future (never played more, aside from PW vs Layton)

· Tales of Xillia is better considered than Tales of Vesperia, which I don't agree. Vesperia is superior from Xillia in every way.

· Surprised to see Silent Hill 2 at 205. I would have expected better, considering the masterpiece that game is.

· I don't have to mention it, but Metal Gear Solid 2 deserves to be in any Top Ten spot. No. 78, especially four spots behind MGS4, is a disservice to the game.

· Surprised to see Splatoon so "low", at no. 47. Considering the Top 50, I expected better of it.

I disagree 110% You can never have too many Pokemon games in the top fifty!

· The Last of Us has fallen some positions on the list. Which is an interesting thing to see, considering how Uncharted 2 remains strong and C-C-Combo breaks the Nintendo Top Ten (well, that, and Resident Evil 4, though considering it's Gamecube origins one could argue it used to be a Nintendo game).

Best thing ever, Melee is overrated and broken.

· Wind Waker > A Link to the Past.

· Ocarina of Time doesn't deserve spot 1. It simply doesn't. There are a lot of games that I would consider over OoT, and I'd say that it is a game that has aged terribly (Wind Waker would be desirable over OoT, as an example). That game still remains strong after so many VGC Greatest Games, though, which is a rare sight to behold.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Wright said:

I disagree 110% You can never have too many Pokemon games in the top fifty!

One Pokemon game is already too many Pokemon games. >:(

uran10 said:
Wright said:

Best thing ever, Melee is overrated and broken.

I don't agree about it being overrated or broken, but I do prefer Smash Bros U. Which is why I'm surprised about this result. Melee community seems to be opening to the SBU game too, which is interesting considering they spent a lifetime crapping on Brawl.

Awesome work Smeags, love the amount of effort you always put into this event.
AoE 2 is above both Starcrafts and all Warcrafts, balance has been restored.

Thanks for the work

Around the Network

Great job with the list!

Tales of Symphonia in #161, so low, now I'm sad

Great job. Does someone know where the thread is where users submitted their top games? i cant even remember if i participated

BraLoD said:
Lawlight said:
This website's bias towards Nintendo shows up very well here.

They are simply the vast majority here, Nintendo fans, as we all know, so it's bound to be dominated by Nintendo games

Yet people categorically deny it. It really makes me laugh.

Let's keep up with the analysis: (c'mon guys, let's spark some discussion here!)

· It's interesting to see the original Metal Gear Solid on the spot 22, whereas Metal Gear Solid 3 is at 33. Now, I know everyone already knows I value MGS2 over all Metal Gear games, but I really can't understand why people would rate MGS3 less than MGS1, except for nostalgia. I am NOT implying MGS1 isn't anything short of a masterpiece, but it really is a game that has aged terribly. Long, unnecesary codec sequences, shorter than every other entry (which is not a bad thing in itself, just a FYI), and featuring the biggest amount of backtracking in the whole series (Sniper Wolf 1st -> going back for Sniper Rifle -> Sniper Wolf 2nd -> Going back to torture chamber which is the SAME PLACE AS THE SNIPER RIFLE -> Climbing tower -> Going down the tower -> Climbing tower again -> Going down the tower AGAIN -> Sniper Wolf 3rd, and let's just not talk about the PAL Key). You get my point. The game would be even shorter if we cut this unnecesary artificial lenght extention. Metal Gear Solid 3 on the other hand is superior to MGS1 in every single sense minus story (which I honestly prefer MGS1's) and some other minor aspects.

· Fire Emblem Awakening is a great game, but Blazing Sword (fanmade name for the first localized Fire Emblem for the GBA) is still the best Fire Emblem to date. Three campaigns, entertaning difficulty spikes and tons of secrets to discover, not to mention the best cast in the whole series (which unfortunately has never been represented in Smash except for some sidekicks and trophies).

· Bioshock and Shadow of the Colossus doesn't deserve to  be in the Top 50, in my honest opinion. There are other games which should take their spot, like ICO or even Bioshock: Infinite.

· Chrono Trigger above all Final Fantasies is an interesting thing to see...and something I find hard time disagreeing with. Chrono Trigger is a timeless masterpiece and deserves all recognition it can get.

· Super Mario Galaxy at the fourth spot? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

· No Resident Evil 5 in the whole list? For real, VGChartz? The best Resident Evil doesn't make the cut this year? Yet there's Resident Evil 4 in the sixth spot?

· Uncharted 1 > Uncharted 3. Their places should be switched.

· Dark Souls being in a better place than Demon's Souls is acceptable, though both games deserve better spots than the ones they're in. On a side note, damn, I thought Bloodborne would fare better.

· No Dragon's Dogma in the list pains me. That game could very well enter my Top Ten even considering all its flaws. Still, not being in the list is saddening.

· Seriously, that Top One game...argh. Will it never be kicked out of its throne?

Nice to see #1 remains true.