By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think of Donald Trump?

What do you think about Trump?

He's amazing! GOD BLESS 'MURICA 88 25.51%

Uh... wasn't he a busine... 28 8.12%

Ew, of course not! Especi... 123 35.65%

I'd like a small loan of a million dollars 106 30.72%

Total:345
Insidb said:
contestgamer said:

Probably tax aversion which is legal and all large companies do it. If taxes weren't so high then perhaps companies and the wealthy wouldn't need to be hiding their money offshore.

"Aversion" and "evasion" are not the same: if it was the former, his purported income would be verifiable (As we all know, it is not.). If it was the latter, his purported income could have been sheltered from the government (As we all know, this is very common and very illegal.). To add to that point, no one really uses the term "tax aversion," because it doesn't really refer to any financial term. If you heard someone say, "Donald Trump's assets are greater than what's on record, because of tax aversion," they were almost definitely referring to him being guilty of tax evasion.

Jay walking is illegal too, people do it and we dont freak out. If taxes were much lower it wouldnt be a problem.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
contestgamer said:

Who cares what it'll cost, the Mexicans will pay for it. Through expensive, limited visa's, tarrifs, etc. What's Mexico going to do about it? We could bomb the living hell out of them if we wanted to and massacre the country in a month, no problem. They'll shut up and pay when Trump tells them to, or he'll make life a living hell for that country and it's elite.

And 11 million isn't a molehill - once Trump deports all of those people you better believe a lot of them will try to come back. That's why you need a wall.

No, they won't, for several obvious reasons.

1. Mexico doesn't have an extra $56 billion to spend on a wall, and you'd never being able to raise the money you would need through "expensive visa's", because you would have to charge an extra 20,000 dollars per person entering the U.S. from mexico legally each year to afford it, on top of all of the other immigration expenses.

2. Mexico is an ally, and the United States third largest trade partner. Any actions taken that would harm the Mexican economy would also have an adverse effect on the U.S. economy.

3. Mexico would flat out refuse. Any government that agreed to pay for even part of a wall between it and the U.S. would quickly find itself out of power.

I'm glad you brought up deportation. Do you know what it would cost to deport the 11.3 million illegal immigrants living in the U.S.? $269 billion in 2012 dollars, or $278 billion in 2015 dollars. So that means that Trumps immigration plan would cost the U.S. 334 billion dollars. Lets hope he has a way to pay for all of this.

Oh wait, his tax plan would reduce revenue by a trillion dollars a year according to the Tax Foundation. It's also important to point out that he'd be deporting a group of people that add $15 billion to Social Security each year while only taking $1 billion a year out of it.

So because deportation expensive we shouldnt enforce laws? If rape kits are expoensive should we refuse victims their use? What about prosecuting and locking up murderers? It costs a lot at a macro level.

We have laws and if you break them you get punished - that costs money, it's nothing new.

Also, if we hurt Mexico it would have a neglible effect on the US economy but an enormous one on theirs. We could enact such sanctions on that country that millions would die of starvation if we really wanted to. That would make their government even more unpopular. We can freeze any assets they have and take it (whether it's illegal doesn't matter, we're the US no one will challenge us) If we have someone strong enough, someone like Putin, to threaten the lives of millions of Mexicans you better believe that money would be paid. They're next door neighbours - look what we did to Iraq a world away. We could do ten times worse to a neighbour if we had someone with the balls to do it -  but we wouldnt need to, they would pay up to avoid that kind of devastation before it happens.

contestgamer said:
Insidb said:

"Aversion" and "evasion" are not the same: if it was the former, his purported income would be verifiable (As we all know, it is not.). If it was the latter, his purported income could have been sheltered from the government (As we all know, this is very common and very illegal.). To add to that point, no one really uses the term "tax aversion," because it doesn't really refer to any financial term. If you heard someone say, "Donald Trump's assets are greater than what's on record, because of tax aversion," they were almost definitely referring to him being guilty of tax evasion.

Jay walking is illegal too, people do it and we dont freak out. If taxes were much lower it wouldnt be a problem.

Jaywalking doesn't bankrupt the US government and result in the remainign populace picking up the tab. Additionally, taxes on the wealth ARE much lower and effectively around 15-20% (under Eisenhower they were 90%).

Insidb said:
contestgamer said:

Jaywalking doesn't bankrupt the US government and result in the remainign populace picking up the tab. Additionally, taxes on the wealth ARE much lower and effectively around 15-20% (under Eisenhower they were 90%).

For corporations they are around that, for wealthy people it's not. When you add sales tax and income tax and property/estate and other taxes together the wealthiest are over 50%

contestgamer said:
Insidb said:

For corporations they are around that, for wealthy people it's not. When you add sales tax and income tax and property/estate and other taxes together the wealthiest are over 50%

That's not even remotely accurate, due to diminishing rates on the highest bracket and capital gains rates.

Scroll through this link to see how effective tax rates break down: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States

The top 1% (It's really the the top 10-30% of people and corporations that control the wealth.) pay an effective rate of 29.4%, and that doesn't account for any sheltered income. 

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
Normchacho said:

No, they won't, for several obvious reasons.

1. Mexico doesn't have an extra $56 billion to spend on a wall, and you'd never being able to raise the money you would need through "expensive visa's", because you would have to charge an extra 20,000 dollars per person entering the U.S. from mexico legally each year to afford it, on top of all of the other immigration expenses.

2. Mexico is an ally, and the United States third largest trade partner. Any actions taken that would harm the Mexican economy would also have an adverse effect on the U.S. economy.

3. Mexico would flat out refuse. Any government that agreed to pay for even part of a wall between it and the U.S. would quickly find itself out of power.

I'm glad you brought up deportation. Do you know what it would cost to deport the 11.3 million illegal immigrants living in the U.S.? $269 billion in 2012 dollars, or $278 billion in 2015 dollars. So that means that Trumps immigration plan would cost the U.S. 334 billion dollars. Lets hope he has a way to pay for all of this.

Oh wait, his tax plan would reduce revenue by a trillion dollars a year according to the Tax Foundation. It's also important to point out that he'd be deporting a group of people that add $15 billion to Social Security each year while only taking $1 billion a year out of it.

So because deportation expensive we shouldnt enforce laws? If rape kits are expoensive should we refuse victims their use? What about prosecuting and locking up murderers? It costs a lot at a macro level.

We have laws and if you break them you get punished - that costs money, it's nothing new.

Also, if we hurt Mexico it would have a neglible effect on the US economy but an enormous one on theirs. We could enact such sanctions on that country that millions would die of starvation if we really wanted to. That would make their government even more unpopular. We can freeze any assets they have and take it (whether it's illegal doesn't matter, we're the US no one will challenge us) If we have someone strong enough, someone like Putin, to threaten the lives of millions of Mexicans you better believe that money would be paid. They're next door neighbours - look what we did to Iraq a world away. We could do ten times worse to a neighbour if we had someone with the balls to do it -  but we wouldnt need to, they would pay up to avoid that kind of devastation before it happens.

Did you just argue two contradictory points in two consecutive posts?

"Jay walking is illegal too, people do it and we dont freak out. If taxes were much lower it wouldnt be a problem."

"We have laws and if you break them you get punished - that costs money, it's nothing new."

When the main detrement of illegal immigration is supposedly economic, it's stupid to do more damage fixing the problem than the problem itself caused. 

I hope you realize the way you're talking about the situation in Mexico is fucking insane. First off, there is no way you could do that much damage to Mexico without generating a huge backlash from Canada and the rest of Central and South America. Canada being the Unted States largest trade partner. China also has a pretty sizable stake in Mexicos economy. So we would be doing a very good job of pissing off pretty much all of our largest trade partners.

Oh, and what would we do doing all this damage for? What's the upside? The damage done in cost alone would heavily outweigh any economic benefit, and the damage it would do to our foreign policy would be immense.

You mention what America could do "if we really wanted to" and I guess you are correct, there is a lot we could do if we really wanted to. But leaving  millions of people to starve because they don't want to pay for a border wall they can't afford? That's just...wrong.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Naum said:
Jimbo1337 said:

Oh I would like to add something else to this thread as to why I like Donald Trump. The fact that the GOP is running negative ads against Donald Trump and them telling me who I should vote for. The more they tell me not to vote for Trump makes me want to vote for him even more. Who are you to tell me who I should and shouldn't vote for? You have the media, analysts, Hillary Clinton, etc saying that it would be the easiest to win against Donald Trump and it would be the hardest to win against Marco Rubio.Why would Hillary Clinton want to tell the public who she can and cannot win against? The glaring answer is to of course mislead the public. If everyone is bombarded with the idea that Trump is weak and would clearly lose against Clinton, then Republican voters may then rally around the candidate that would beat her (Rubio), which so happens to be the exact candidate that the GOP is pushing. Except people like me actually have a brain and see through this garbage. Hillary tells the public that Trump would be the easiest to win against, which of course translates to Trump would be the hardest to win against. 

I of course think the Democratic Party is even worse but I guess you guys must have enjoyed the last Democratic debate on a Saturday night before Christmas...during the exact time of a football game. Oh wait! You can enjoy the next Democratic debate....during football games...no wait two football games...oh this just in...during the playoffs! Oh that was great scheduling.

Or how about this:
Remember when Bernie Sanders had rallies around 18,000 and had around, lets say 33% of the vote? During the same exact time Hillary Clinton would have rallies of about 200-1000 people with 66% of the vote. Those numbers make sense right? Physical people showing their support is a bigger indicator of success than some contrived poll on the news. Just saying...

you mean the same way Donald Trumps staff and him do exactly the same thing agains the other opponents...

I didn't know the Super PACs were running for president...

Jimbo1337 said:
Naum said:
Jimbo1337 said:

Oh I would like to add something else to this thread as to why I like Donald Trump. The fact that the GOP is running negative ads against Donald Trump and them telling me who I should vote for. The more they tell me not to vote for Trump makes me want to vote for him even more. Who are you to tell me who I should and shouldn't vote for? You have the media, analysts, Hillary Clinton, etc saying that it would be the easiest to win against Donald Trump and it would be the hardest to win against Marco Rubio.Why would Hillary Clinton want to tell the public who she can and cannot win against? The glaring answer is to of course mislead the public. If everyone is bombarded with the idea that Trump is weak and would clearly lose against Clinton, then Republican voters may then rally around the candidate that would beat her (Rubio), which so happens to be the exact candidate that the GOP is pushing. Except people like me actually have a brain and see through this garbage. Hillary tells the public that Trump would be the easiest to win against, which of course translates to Trump would be the hardest to win against. 

I of course think the Democratic Party is even worse but I guess you guys must have enjoyed the last Democratic debate on a Saturday night before Christmas...during the exact time of a football game. Oh wait! You can enjoy the next Democratic debate....during football games...no wait two football games...oh this just in...during the playoffs! Oh that was great scheduling.

Or how about this:
Remember when Bernie Sanders had rallies around 18,000 and had around, lets say 33% of the vote? During the same exact time Hillary Clinton would have rallies of about 200-1000 people with 66% of the vote. Those numbers make sense right? Physical people showing their support is a bigger indicator of success than some contrived poll on the news. Just saying...

you mean the same way Donald Trumps staff and him do exactly the same thing agains the other opponents...

I didn't know the Super PACs were running for president...

No, they're just buying one lol.

I like him, he should win the US Presidency.

He will surely make Fallout 5 so life like, that we don't need VR to feel like we're in the game.

SpokenTruth said:
He speaks his mind.

And he really shouldn't.

Lmao this is perfect

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.