By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think of Donald Trump?

What do you think about Trump?

He's amazing! GOD BLESS 'MURICA 88 25.51%

Uh... wasn't he a busine... 28 8.12%

Ew, of course not! Especi... 123 35.65%

I'd like a small loan of a million dollars 106 30.72%

Total:345

He is the end product of 4 forces over the past generation in the United States

1. Anti-intellectualism - This does not mean he is stupid, it means we have shifted away from putting stock in logic, reason, statistics, studies, etc. in favor of emotion. Trump thrives on how people feel and never concerns himself with getting facts right as long as they fit a world view.

2. Partisan politics - This has always existed, but the past generation saw party divide grow in large part to "safe seats". Suddenly parties were being influenced more by the fringe elements of their part as opposed to being centrist to appeal to moderates. Trump again succeeds in part due to the right wing being emboldened.

3. Anti-establishment - This has two parts, being against party establishment and against establishment structures such as the media. People in general have become disillusioned with their parties, and on the right this mean trump and Cruz have benefited while a Bush or Rubio struggles. It also shows in how Trump ignores media criticism never backing down or apologizing because the media is "the other" or opposition in many of his supporter's eyes.

4. Shifting demographics - The baby boomers dominated policy from the 60s to the 00s. Now we see a new generation with very different views and composition. The country is less white and less christian than it was 50 years ago. This amount of change always has a backlash as people fear the new, different, and unfamiliar. Attacking immigrants and minorities (racial or religious) is nothing new, but it works better among the right during times of change.

In summation, Trump would not have happened in 92, 00 or even 08. He is his party's leader because of the path the US has been on politically for a good 30 or so years. I thought he was a joke at first, but longer he lasts the bigger statement he is making on American culture and the US political scene.

Around the Network

He will make all of the US residents beautiful misses.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Jimbo1337 said:
To me, he represents someone who is going to fix our economy and bring jobs to the millions of Americans who currently do not have one. There simply is no better candidate than Trump who can do this.

I like the fact that he has spent next to nothing in comparison to the other candidates and is currently leading in the GOP polls. When have we, as a nation, ever spent under budget? I am so freaking tired of hearing the same thing that we are going to fix X and I see nothing done!

For example:
Obama in 2008 campaigned and said we are going to fix our crumbling roads and bridges. In 2012, he said the same thing after spending like 2 trillion dollars. (correct me if I am wrong on those numbers). My point is that I am so tired of seeing them waste all of our money and doing nothing with it.

I am tired of the fact that we currently don't have borders. Our country is perceived as a joke! I went to Eric Idle and John Cleese live and they made fun of the fact that Mexicans were pouring into our country and we as a nation weren't doing anything about it. We know it is an issue for the past 30 years and Trump represents someone who is actually going to fix this issue. If we don't close the border and just allow people to come across illegally, then we don't have a country at all. What is the point of following only certain laws? It's not that I want to keep people out of our country. I just want them to come in legally so the can start paying taxes just like the rest of us. I want a wall so we can stop or slow down the Cartel so drugs stop pouring into our country. Then maybe our kids may have a fighting chance to be successful instead of throwing away their lives to drugs. I want a wall because it prevents ISIS terrorists from easily entering our country.

I want a president that is actually going to take these terrorists threats seriously and who is going to bring the world together to eradicate ISIS. I am tired of the stupid nonsense that is going on in our country (like rich people getting away with taxes and other nonsense) *glares at affluenza kid*. I could go on and on but my vote for Trump will never change.

Jimbo1337 said:
To me, he represents someone who is going to fix our economy and bring jobs to the millions of Americans who currently do not have one. There simply is no better candidate than Trump who can do this.

I like the fact that he has spent next to nothing in comparison to the other candidates and is currently leading in the GOP polls. When have we, as a nation, ever spent under budget? I am so freaking tired of hearing the same thing that we are going to fix X and I see nothing done!

For example:
Obama in 2008 campaigned and said we are going to fix our crumbling roads and bridges. In 2012, he said the same thing after spending like 2 trillion dollars. (correct me if I am wrong on those numbers). My point is that I am so tired of seeing them waste all of our money and doing nothing with it.

I am tired of the fact that we currently don't have borders. Our country is perceived as a joke! I went to Eric Idle and John Cleese live and they made fun of the fact that Mexicans were pouring into our country and we as a nation weren't doing anything about it. We know it is an issue for the past 30 years and Trump represents someone who is actually going to fix this issue. If we don't close the border and just allow people to come across illegally, then we don't have a country at all. What is the point of following only certain laws? It's not that I want to keep people out of our country. I just want them to come in legally so the can start paying taxes just like the rest of us. I want a wall so we can stop or slow down the Cartel so drugs stop pouring into our country. Then maybe our kids may have a fighting chance to be successful instead of throwing away their lives to drugs. I want a wall because it prevents ISIS terrorists from easily entering our country.

I want a president that is actually going to take these terrorists threats seriously and who is going to bring the world together to eradicate ISIS. I am tired of the stupid nonsense that is going on in our country (like rich people getting away with taxes and other nonsense) *glares at affluenza kid*. I could go on and on but my vote for Trump will never change.

Umm with all do respect to your opinions, he's not going to change, fix, or get any of this accomplished, cause not enough politicians getting elected are going to go for it. He's too far on the extreme right to get congressional support. He'll never see a bill for anything he wants to do on his desk, if he gets elected.

He is a dangerous man

ReimTime said:

Trump on the bump to get you pumped; America's in a slump but he won't be stumped

He is on the spectrum case, to raise up the white race; hispanics and Muslims gonna get displaced

ISIS on the run, afraid of the pain; from the man with more hairs on his head than cells in his brain

He'll take their oil to fill his mouth; and spit venom 'cross the wall financed by the South

Winning an American election will never be hard,

When all you gotta do is be a fucking retard

THANKS OBAMA

Respec! :)

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

He brings out the worst in people. People I know (mostly friends of friends) in the midwest that support him are just the racist type.

This election is simple.
1. Don't vote Republican, Trump is not even the worst candidate somehow.

2. Vote Hillary if you want things to continue as is - Terrible education, terrible healthcare, terrible infrastructure, less renewable resource research, etc. Will all remain the same with 4 to 8 years of Clinton.  Simply because she is a bought politician.   Rich get richer, poor get poorer.  Some of her ideas are good, but many things she just says to get your vote. Unbelievable how much she has flipped flopped on issues and what she has said.

3. Vote Sanders if you want actual change. He will seriously break up big banks and contain wall street. We bailed them out heavily and they had no repercussions and are bigger than they were in 2008. He will fix what is the worst income inequality since the Great Depression. He knows how horrible our healthcare quality is yet is the most expensive. He knows how ridiculous education cost has become and vows to fix it. (I mean for christs sake I pay 6.5% interest on one of my loans that was $5000. Interest is crazy) And decriminalizing marijuana is a step in the right direction.

It basically just comes down to that.

What do you think will happen during the next 4 yrs? The STATUS QUO if you're intelligent enough to know what that means, and for those who don't, it's businesses as usual. But do to President Obamas grand ambitions the business as usual model has changed, and no President can fix that. When republicans decided, they would railroad Obama and the Democrats for political power, that changed how business is done, and how business will be conducted in the future.

A fine tooth comb is the future of politics, and the sooner you except that, you'll realize never vote republican. Besides, we are democracy, not a republic.

Insidb said:
contestgamer said:

Trump says he's worth 10 billiob plus. He'd know his own finances better than fortune.

So either he's lying...or he's guilty of massive tax evasion, because you can't just hide $7.1BN is assets from your government.

Probably tax aversion which is legal and all large companies do it. If taxes weren't so high then perhaps companies and the wealthy wouldn't need to be hiding their money offshore.

contestgamer said:
Insidb said:

So either he's lying...or he's guilty of massive tax evasion, because you can't just hide $7.1BN is assets from your government.

Probably tax aversion which is legal and all large companies do it. If taxes weren't so high then perhaps companies and the wealthy wouldn't need to be hiding their money offshore.

"Aversion" and "evasion" are not the same: if it was the former, his purported income would be verifiable (As we all know, it is not.). If it was the latter, his purported income could have been sheltered from the government (As we all know, this is very common and very illegal.). To add to that point, no one really uses the term "tax aversion," because it doesn't really refer to any financial term. If you heard someone say, "Donald Trump's assets are greater than what's on record, because of tax aversion," they were almost definitely referring to him being guilty of tax evasion.

I don't think he actually believes 90% of what he says. He's smarter than that. He knows it plays to a certain audience, so he says it. Simple as that. At first I think he thought he'd just make some waves, but now this has become bigger than even he initially thought.

I think in actuality his beliefs are actually fairly liberal, he has in the past said he's pro-choice, doesn't give a crap about gay marriage, even liked Obama at one point, liked the Clintons, etc. etc.

Where I DO think he's dangerous is he's a sales man through and through. And he will say and push policy simply because it resonates with a certain demographic (of who he actually doesn't care about). But this is dangerous. Feeding into xenophobia and racism and sexism ... he knows this plays well with a certain audience ... but this isn't a TV show. This is running for the president, and these things have real consequences.