By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think of Donald Trump?

What do you think about Trump?

He's amazing! GOD BLESS 'MURICA 88 25.51%

Uh... wasn't he a busine... 28 8.12%

Ew, of course not! Especi... 123 35.65%

I'd like a small loan of a million dollars 106 30.72%

Total:345
Normchacho said:
contestgamer said:

US economy is larger than china and Japan combined. No other country controls the global economy like the US and we're not even talking about the enormous power of having the world reserve currency yet as well as by far the largest domestic market on the planet which, if we had to, gives us enormous sway over corporations. And regarding IRAQ btw, we killed oveer a million there - I'm pretty sure Mexico would start paying for that wall if we got to just 10% of that number in a war with them

So, I think you're missing a bigger point here. Could the U.S. strong arm Mexico into paying for a border wall? Maybe. Should the U.S. strong arm an ally into paying for a border wall? Are the bennifits worth the harm it would cause? Not economic, or political harm, but harm to people. Do we not, as the largest economy, and largest military might in the world, have a responsibility not to abuse that power?

America only has responsibilities to Americans. That's the point of a country.

Around the Network

hes better than Hillary

contestgamer said:
Normchacho said:

So, I think you're missing a bigger point here. Could the U.S. strong arm Mexico into paying for a border wall? Maybe. Should the U.S. strong arm an ally into paying for a border wall? Are the bennifits worth the harm it would cause? Not economic, or political harm, but harm to people. Do we not, as the largest economy, and largest military might in the world, have a responsibility not to abuse that power?

America only has responsibilities to Americans. That's the point of a country.

You know, a lot of people on this very site aren't Americans. This site itself is actually British. So let me ask you, what would you being willing to let our fellow VGC members suffer to build a border wall?

But you do truely only care about Americans, do you think it's a good idea to burden Americans with the hundreds of billions of dollars it would cost to deport every person living here illegaly? How about the families that have members that are both legal and illegal? Do we pull families apart over this? Take kids from their parents? What about kids you were brought here when they were young and have siblings that were born in the U.S.?

Do you think you could maybe outline some of the benefits of deporting all of those people and building this wall? Would deporting illegal immigrants do enough to help the economy that it would outweigh the immense cost of deporting them, the $15 billion the add each year to Social Security, the billions they pay in sales and payroll taxes each year?

Is the immigration situation so dire, that even though the U.S. has seen a net loss of illegal immigrants in the last few years, it's worth damaging out foreign relations and causing harm to citizens from ally nations to build this wall?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Danman27 said:
His political ideology is legitimately scary, and comparable to Hitler's.

Unfortunately, Hitler wasn't that much different from "ordinary" politicians - he just managed to get much further than many, due to set of unfortunate circumstances.

As I said, I'm afraid that it's completely irrelevant who will win the next elections.

CU......or CF ?

What problems do people have with his immigration policy?

Around the Network

25% of you think he's amazing? Don't you think that says more about you than you'd care to make public?

JamesGoblin said:
Danman27 said:
His political ideology is legitimately scary, and comparable to Hitler's.

Unfortunately, Hitler wasn't that much different from "ordinary" politicians - he just managed to get much further than many, due to set of unfortunate circumstances.

As I said, I'm afraid that it's completely irrelevant who will win the next elections.

Maybe you're right, but I still don't want a facist as our president. 

Danman27 said:
JamesGoblin said:

If I'm right, we are talking cosmetics :)

Thou I agree, at least we can customize the appearance.

CU......or CF ?

contestgamer said:

US economy is larger than china and Japan combined. No other country controls the global economy like the US and we're not even talking about the enormous power of having the world reserve currency yet as well as by far the largest domestic market on the planet which, if we had to, gives us enormous sway over corporations. And regarding IRAQ btw, we killed oveer a million there - I'm pretty sure Mexico would start paying for that wall if we got to just 10% of that number in a war with them

You advocate killing 100,000 Mexicans to get the Mexican Government to pay for something?

Let's forget the fact that you're a psychopath, and focus on why you're a moron:

(1)

How many refugees did the war in Iraq create? 2 million.
How many refugees has the Syrian war created? 4 million.
How many refugees do you think a war in Mexico would create, and where do you think they will end up?

(2)

You say you only care about Americans, yet you fail to understand how everything you're saying hurts Americans. Free trade, peace, and free movement has only ever served to benefit humanity - all of humanity. America got rich precisely because it followed these principles for so long.

Any tax on a person, organisation, or country, is a tax on everybody, because you reduce that person's ability to buy other people's things. When you slap down import taxes and sanctions on Mexico, Canada, you don't only hurt Mexicans and Canadians, you hurt Americans. You hurt American exporters, you hurt American retailers, and you hurt American consumers.

(3)

To be thinking like this (war, war everywhere), you're supporting the wrong candidate. Actually, Trump is one of the more relatively peaceful candidates. You'd be more at home supporting Chris Christie or Hillary Clinton.

Danman27 said:
JamesGoblin said:

Given his democrat background and some of his ideas, part of it it's probably just a façade to appeal to the caucuses. The people there are politically more extreme and likely more racist in the case of the republicans. Reminds me a lot of the show business he's fairly used to, saying random stuff, gauging the reaction of the folk watching it, and building around what they approve the most.

I wonder how far the politically incorrect stuff would get him on the elections. Let's wait and see. If I'm right, he'll probably adjust it just so to appeal to a majority of voters, while keeping the bold speeches and that anti-establishment sentiment.