By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Make your ultimate PC!

I'd just buy the most expensive mac pro. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The best CPU (What is it, the 5960X?)
2 Titan X's
X99 Motherboard
Intel 750 Series 1.3TB PCIe SSD
64GB DDR4 RAM
Everything custom watercooled and overclocked
High refresh rate G-Sync IPS monitor.
A mouse.
A keyboard.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Chazore said:
OdinHades said:

That would cost a large loan of over a million dollars.

I said you had a million dollars, not Bill Gates's sallary :3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Skeeuk said:
AMD Duron 1.2ghz
1GB DDR
CD-WR
80GB HDD

so there...

Good old PC lol

Around the Network

I wish I had that much for a PC! I'm just now picking out a pc for university and let's just say my funds are low. The PC I got is a measly Dell with 8GB RAM, 1TBHDD, and only a dual core intel at 3.4GHz. It'll get Maya and Z Brush running good enough but I would fancy an Ailenware Area 51 PC. Man I hate being a broke university bloke.

archer9234 said:
I'd invent new hardware. A new mobo that can have 10 quad cores. 192GB RAM. 8 Titans.

192GB RAM? Trying to send drone bombers with that thing?

My ultimate PC would actually be two.

I'd go with a CaseLab case or something similar capable of housing two computers, an everyday PC and a gaming monster PC.

The everyday PC would be based on a Mini-ITX board, a low en Pentium processor with 4GB and a 500GB SSD for storage. The idea is to have a low power PC that can be left on while consuming next to nothing in power. And the best part is that it would be more than enough for almost anything but gaming (web surfing, email, some Office, video playback, etc.)

The Gaming monster would be an X99 based PC with an i7-5930K (no need for the higher end as this one has the same 40 PCI-E lanes and can overclock better), 64GB of fast RAM, an stupidly fast 512GB M.2 drive for OS and 4x1TB SSD in a double RAID setup (2 in RAID 0 and the other two in a RAID 1 mode for safety) and two 980Ti cards (again, because they overclock better than Titan X). And all of it would be cooled by a double loop (reservoir -> pump1 -> CPU -> 120mm Radiator -> pump2 -> GPUs -> 360mm Radiator -> reservoir).

With the help of a splitter, the same keyboard and mouse would be used for both PCs that would also drive the same display, a 34" 3440x1440 UltraWide monitor.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

My ultimate PC would actually be two.

I'd go with a CaseLab case or something similar capable of housing two computers, an everyday PC and a gaming monster PC.

The everyday PC would be based on a Mini-ITX board, a low en Pentium processor with 4GB and a 500GB SSD for storage. The idea is to have a low power PC that can be left on while consuming next to nothing in power. And the best part is that it would be more than enough for almost anything but gaming (web surfing, email, some Office, video playback, etc.)

The Gaming monster would be an X99 based PC with an i7-5930K (no need for the higher end as this one has the same 40 PCI-E lanes and can overclock better), 64GB of fast RAM, an stupidly fast 512GB M.2 drive for OS and 4x1TB SSD in a double RAID setup (2 in RAID 0 and the other two in a RAID 1 mode for safety) and two 980Ti cards (again, because they overclock better than Titan X). And all of it would be cooled by a double loop (reservoir -> pump1 -> CPU -> 120mm Radiator -> pump2 -> GPUs -> 360mm Radiator -> reservoir).

With the help of a splitter, the same keyboard and mouse would be used for both PCs that would also drive the same display, a 34" 3440x1440 UltraWide monitor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nested_RAID_levels#RAID_10 There is a phrase for this pair in raid 0 being mirrored already, not correctly spoken as raid ten tho, tis a great setup if you would really worry about the games stored on them but not worried about your OS drive? seems a little strange to me, games are rather easy to download compared to your exact OS settings.

Also the name for the splitter is a kvm (keyboard video mouse) switch so if you're looking for them they can be rather cheap... for rather cheap builds, you'd need something a lot bigger than http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aten-CS22U-2-Port-Cable-Switch/dp/B002NTIZCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452077980&sr=8-1&keywords=kvm for a display of that resolution but still they're not that expensive if you or anyone happens to have a setup with 2 PCs at the same desk, I'd say if you were doing your dream set up tho it would be really class if you could integrate the switch on the side of the case so it could be concealed and operated from the outside.

I was thinking would it not be a bother if you wanted to tab back and forth from gaming to working... but with that amount of bandwidth on your SSD's you could boot the gaming PC in less time than some peoples machines can alt tab from a game heh.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I would buy the top iMac, probably.

Sue me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)