By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you feel about mobile gaming?

Like it or not?

Yes 10 18.18%

No 40 72.73%

Mobile > handhelds 5 9.09%

Total:55

I don't really get into it, but I think it's fine for burning some down time during the day or whatever. No big deal.

For casuals, I think it's good for them because you can't really make a design interface any simpler than no buttons whatsoever. Just reach out and touch, even a baby can do it.

It's fine. What I *don't* like personally though is I think it is introduced some negative pricing structures into the gamesphere that is causing damage to the traditional business.

Around the Network

i think its great, some nice mini games to play whilst on the road to kill some time.

Links removed, Account Banned - Miguel_Zorro

Handheld (3DS/Vita) > Mobile.

I just dont like touchscreen buttons, I prefer "real" buttons I can physically press.

Personally I think it mistly sucks.Most games are bad and are designed to be addicting in small play sessions, but are as deep as a pool of water and have zero story and so on.And while there are some hidden gems that are excellent, I like 1000 times more playing on a handheld or home console than phone because of controls, atmosphere, etc

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Vita / 3ds for sure, some of the best games you can find.
Mobile phone... eerrr not so much, there is some good games on them but unless it's something slow and turn based like Alphabears then I feel like you are constantly fighting the lack of any actual controls, I've sadly played a lot more Snake on my old Nokia 5110 than I have played any game on my Xperia... when it comes to best mobile gaming device I've used which is also a phone (a fucking terrible phone) the N-Gage at least had button controls (no L+R tho) but yeah N-Gage was a very capable 100mhz gaming machine.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

There is a lot of really bad games on mobile, and a lot of games that are built to exploit the users, but some of the games are actually pretty nice for small gaming sessions on the go.

You can download roms, an excellent feature. Download GBA Rom and there are tons of fun games you can play on your tablet or phone.

While many games are horrible, spending the time to find a fun game is worth it. I'm currently playing a game by Nexon called Monster Squad. Extremely fun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.