By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you feel about mobile gaming?

Like it or not?

Yes 10 18.18%

No 40 72.73%

Mobile > handhelds 5 9.09%

Total:55
StarOcean said:
I own tons of Dragon Quest games. A few FF games and Shin Megami Tensei. However RPGs kinda suck on phones due to battery life XD

Should I get Chrono Trigger or Dragon quest 1 or 2 or final fantasy 1 or 2? 

Around the Network

For me it´s only good because of emulators, other than that it´s irrelevant

Natsu said:
StarOcean said:
I own tons of Dragon Quest games. A few FF games and Shin Megami Tensei. However RPGs kinda suck on phones due to battery life XD

Should I get Chrono Trigger or Dragon quest 1 or 2 or final fantasy 1 or 2? 

Get either Chrono Trigger or Dragon Quest 3. FF1/2 aren't special and can be bought ANYWHERE. DQ1/2 havent aged great compared to DQ3. CT is pretty good

I have no problem with mobile gaming itself. It's just that the overwhelming majority of mobile games are cancerous and scams, but there are some mobile games out there that do things right.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

I play psp games in mi Z3. Emulation is perfect, looks better than in psp haha

On real phone games, I used to play lots of Clash of Clans and Jurassic World

Around the Network

I liked my Gameboy when I was a 10 year old kid back in 1989 but when bus rides and riding in the back of my parents car ceased in my teenage years, I moved exclusively to console gaming and never really went back. I don't need a watered down Zelda or Mario to take with me when I have the fully realized version on my console sitting under my huge ass TV in the living room. It just seems pointless to me.

If I DID game on the go though, it would be on my smartphone because again, I HAVE Nintendo games already. I don't need two devices to play the same games on. And no, sorry... I don't have time to be engrossed in Zelda at a dentist office waiting room.

There cool, but I don't like handhelds either. Would rather just play on my big TV.

It's fine. There's a lot of junk, a lot of greed, but also a lot of fun little experiences. It bugs me how much people hate on it and treat it like it's pure poison. In the end it's just a platform, and the creators are what make it or break it.

I'll play simplistic games on my phone, like Scrabble and such. But for the most part, i can stand using the touch screen for controls.

Point&click adventures are my favorite genre and they play great on a tablet (on a smartphone not so much).

Although a few of them play even better on my Vita with the nice combination of input methods (touchscreen + sticks + buttons), Grim Fandango for example.

Mobile games I really like:

• Cut the Rope series
  • Where's My Water/Mickey/Perry... series
  • Monument Valley
  • The Room 1 - 3
  • Badland 1 + 2
  • Rayman games (Jungle Run, Fiesta Run, Rayman adventures)
  • République
  • Ace Attorney series (1, 2, 3, 5 HD)
  • Telltale Games seasons (Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island, TWD, TWaU, Game of Thrones...
  • Daedalic games (Edna & Harvey, Deponia, The Whispered World...)
  • Lost Horizon, Secret Files Tunguska + Sam Peters
  • Broken Sword games (1, 2, 5)
  • Blackwell games
  • The Longest Journey Remastered
  • The Journey Down 1 + 2
  • The Silent Age
  • realMyst