By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can You beat my PS4 collection - 2016.

StokedUp said:
In short, never haha.

Tbh I'd neverg have the time to play all them as I like to go climbing and mountain biking aswell, plus I've got a 21 month old daughter :)

My collection is
Life is strange
The Witcher 3
MGSv
Disgaea 5
Street fighter 4
The best thing is I've only completed life is strange.
It's hit me tithe last few months that my gaming hobby is fading, don't get me wrong it'll never go away but the fact is I've had to make time for other things. I'll always love gaming though but I don't spend half the amount of time I used to doing it.

Great games and ofcourse family goes first!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Chazore said:

It's less decent when your CD/DVD breaks or is stolen let alone scratched.

There are CD buffer machines and you can get hacked on the internet and lose your account with the games. 

You can get your account back via email/calling someone, having two step security authenticators, calling the police, sorting out with your bank etc.

We can do this all day but your point is null and it's never going to be physical> digital no matter how hard you try, digital is here to stay and it's well worth it's while on other platforms regardless of whatever you throw at it. (don't pull a mirror, that would be the most uninspired cop-out).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

xl-klaudkil said:
Dr.Vita said:

Like always a very nice collection!
Just a question: Are you rich?

Noo,i earn normal but made the right choices so my house that i bought etc is verry cheap.

And ofc always try to wait for pricedrops helps.

Interesting. :)

Versus_Evil said:
No i really cant, my physical collection is like 6 games XD and 35 Digital

Physical

Bloodbourne
Disgaea 5
Untill Dawn
Infamous SS
Fallout 4
Witcher 3

Well those are some great games!

My youtube gaming page.

Dr.Vita said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Noo,i earn normal but made the right choices so my house that i bought etc is verry cheap.

And ofc always try to wait for pricedrops helps.

Whaahha why?

My youtube gaming page.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Dr.Vita said:

Whaahha why?

I could never imagine to have such a big collection. xD
I also haven't enough time to play all these games.

I can't, since I only own an Xbox One ;).

But nice collection you got there. The PS4 has got a great games lineup this year, and who knows, maybe I will dip in.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

I can't, since I only own an Xbox One ;).

But nice collection you got there. The PS4 has got a great games lineup this year, and who knows, maybe I will dip in.

The xbox one also has some cool games coming out this year i think at least.

My youtube gaming page.

Hiku said:
Chazore said:
Jumpinbeans said:
Nice physical collection - I'd suspect some though have larger digital collections which aren't as nice to show.

I guess my digital games collection means nothing then and yet I'm happy I saved money and collected as many games as I wanted, physical doesn't really mean something to me anymore and it's clearly the same for a lot more people on different platforms, doesn't make their collections any less decent, only those that love physical bu loathe everything about digital would think near that.

Well I wont get into the debate about dreams and reality, but I do have a similar sentiment to the OP regarding physical copies of games when it comes to the point of view of a collection.
While I can certainly find sentimental value in digital things (I have many pictures and other things I cherish), when it comes to videogames, like books and movies, I prefer to have a tangible object when it comes to my collection. I still have all my former consoles and games as well tucked away somewhere.
One example I can give you is my copy of Majora's Mask.
For some reason I always really liked the boxart of that game. Here's a picture. (Not mine)

It's nothing extravagant. But for some reason it speaks to me. I've had it on display on one of my shelves for 15 years now. And every time I glance over at it, it brings back a little bit of the feeling I had when I played the game as a kid, and the memories I have associated with it. Including the store I went to to buy the game, the snowstorm outside, and how much of a hurry I was in to get home in order to play it. And seeing it there, knowing that there's a physical copy inside still in mint condition, I like that. And now 15 years later, I have a copy of the 3DS remake sitting next to it.

In a similar sense, I like to be able to see and touch my collection of games, movies and books, among other things, and for people to be able to when they are over at my house. It wouldn't occur to me to tell someone to take a look at my Steam library while I scroll through it, while I certainly have some games on theer that I like as well, such as Skyrim. Mainly thanks to Steam sumemr sales. When I look at my history of purchasing digital games, there tend to be a few factors involved in order for me to prefer them over a physical copy. A balance of price, convenience (can be a game I play a lot, like Street Fighter 4, and don't want to switch discs too often) and if I feel ok with leaving it out of my physical collection.

So it's more of a sentimental reason than a practical one.
Likewise, the video xl-klaudkil made probably wouldn't have been as interesting to watch if he was just scrolling through some lists.
People have different values when it comes to these things, and I like said, I have many things I cherish that are digital as well. But for games, I'll continue to prefer buying physical for games I really like.

You said it pretty much perfect.

My youtube gaming page.

Srassy said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Than you beat me by a mile(got56 physical) 

Ofc do need pictures to see! Hehe

Hey, sorry I'm late. :)  Didn't expect a reply.

Honestly did think you had more than me because I've never seen all my PS4 games together.  I've got about 300 physical PS3 games too.  I'm going to quit the collecting for a while though while I save for a house.

K.O you win :)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)