By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do people think that Nintendo could go or should go third-party?

It's always funny to read how everybody wants to be Nintendo's advisor.

This whole business related discussion is coming only from your Western perspective. You should not forget that Nintendo is a Japanese company and a Kioto based company on top of that (if you want to know what it means to be a Kioto company, you have to google). In Japan (and even more so in Kioto) the business sense is completely different than that in the West. In Japan the clocks tick differently and it affects everything in business and daily life.

And you can not compare Nintendo with Sony, another Japanese company. Sony was very much westernized in recent years and it gave them success. However, the same westernisation wouldn't work for Nintendo. Sure, they need to understand the American and European market better in future but not by westernize their company.

Around the Network

The thing that really bothers me is some of the same people who are saying that they should go third party are the ones who also say that Nintendo games are for little kids. OK, so you hate Nintendo games, because they are for little kids supposedly, yet you want Nintendo on your platform? I'm sorry, WHAT?! Seems like a jealousy issue to me, everyone SAYS that the games are for kids because they don't want anyone knowing that they secretly like Nintendo, which in turn gives them an excuse to not buy their platform. Very idiotic reasoning, if you like the games BUY the platform they are on, don't try and get an amazing, forward thinking, innovative company like Nintendo to go third party. They are the best at what they do, and they are the only ones trying to do anything new in the gaming sector, hence why I buy BOTH their console and one other. However, if the NX turns out to be as good as random articles are saying, I may wind up with just the NX as my console because 3rd parties will be coming back.

Jist - MAKE UP YOUR MIND PEOPLE! ARE NINTENDO GAMES FOR KIDS, OR NOT?!

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Most people just want to play all games without needing to buy two consoles, so it seems cool to buy a console with solid third party support like playstation and play all the nintendo games in the same time.

What if they go 3rd party for 1 generation, to capture a new audience, and then break off to create a new device with a larger fanbase? Boom!

Davman said:
Most people just want to play all games without needing to buy two consoles, so it seems cool to buy a console with solid third party support like playstation and play all the nintendo games in the same time.

Another solution would be to make the third parties come to Nintendo, and then you'd have third party games and Nintendo games on one system as well.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Well, to make it short. I want Nintendo to go 3rd party because I'm tired of having to buy Nintendos quite frankly sub par hardware to play their great games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

They shouldn't. They are profitable even in its worst era, so I don't think they're so bad as people try to make us believe. I think I understand why some people would love this to happen. You can only play Nintendo exclusives in Nintendo consoles. And Nintendo consoles are obviously not healthy in third party support. So too many people are not willing to buy a Nintendo console. It makes sense and I can't blame them. The obvious solution is Nintendo going third-party so this people could play their games on their consoles. But I think their games' quality could be butchered, similar to what happened to Sega. Hardware-software combination works great for them. I think that's what killed Sega.

dongo8 said:
The thing that really bothers me is some of the same people who are saying that they should go third party are the ones who also say that Nintendo games are for little kids. OK, so you hate Nintendo games, because they are for little kids supposedly, yet you want Nintendo on your platform? I'm sorry, WHAT?! Seems like a jealousy issue to me, everyone SAYS that the games are for kids because they don't want anyone knowing that they secretly like Nintendo, which in turn gives them an excuse to not buy their platform. Very idiotic reasoning, if you like the games BUY the platform they are on, don't try and get an amazing, forward thinking, innovative company like Nintendo to go third party. They are the best at what they do, and they are the only ones trying to do anything new in the gaming sector, hence why I buy BOTH their console and one other. However, if the NX turns out to be as good as random articles are saying, I may wind up with just the NX as my console because 3rd parties will be coming back.

I think that there are a lot of people who enjoy Nintendo games in other platforms, but they're not willing to pay another console with almost no third party support. I can understand this. I have all Nintendo consoles, but just because it's worthy for me, but not for some other people. Yeah, there are a lot of people who think Nintendo games are for kids, but I think not everyone think this. They obviously fail to understand that "for kids" is not the same that "for everyone". Teletubbies are for kids. Mario is for everyone. 

dongo8 said:

From what I've observed, there's a notable portion of people on the internet who want Nintendo to go 3rd party purely out of spite.  I've seen people more than once admit that they don't care about NIntendo nor would they buy Nintendo games if they were available on their console/platform of choice and just want them to bow out of the hardware race so they can rub it in the faces of people who buy Nintendo products.  Just really petty stuff.

SpokenTruth said:

Guess where else they are doing well?  Wii U and 3DS.

You lost all credability right there, wiiu doing well LMAO l

So losing 7/8th of its predecessors sales is called doing well.