By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do people think that Nintendo could go or should go third-party?

The reason this idea is persistent is aside from a few years with the Wii where they added casuals for a little while, they have been losing marketshare ever since the NES.

NES - 63 mill
SNES - 49 mill
N64 - 33 mill
GameCube - 22 mill
Wii U - 16-17 mill finish (projected)

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

The reason this idea is persistent is aside from a few years with the Wii where they added casuals for a little while, they have been losing marketshare ever since the NES.

NES - 63 mill
SNES - 49 mill
N64 - 33 mill
GameCube - 22 mill

Ahh a optimist i see.

Armour1 said:
SpokenTruth said:

Guess where else they are doing well?  Wii U and 3DS.

You lost all credability right there, wiiu doing well LMAO l

So losing 7/8th of its predecessors sales is called doing well.

He's talking about indies doing well on those devices, which is a direct response to what u said earlier about indies doing well on PS4. Maybe actually read the context of the message and think of a real reply.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Soundwave said:

NES - 63 mill
SNES - 49 mill
N64 - 33 mill
GameCube - 22 mill

The OP never says anything specifically about home consoles so the discussion is about Nintendo as a whole, going 3rd party implies no longer making hardware of any sort.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Soundwave said:

NES - 63 mill
SNES - 49 mill
N64 - 33 mill
GameCube - 22 mill

The OP never says anything specifically about home consoles so the discussion is about Nintendo as a whole, going 3rd party implies no longer making hardware of any sort.

Is it not the prevlent rumor nx a hybrid of both, so the failure of their consoles might just sink their handheld to.  Not that there is any high hope of a new handheld doing well these days.  

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Armour1 said:
SpokenTruth said:

So you remove what I quoted you on?  I'm going to put it back.

SpokenTruth said:
Armour1 said:

Freakiong indes are doiong well.

Considering you didn't acknowledge you were incorrectly using market cap to denigrate Nintendo and now you're incorrectly attributing quotes, I think we're done here.   Someone recently, though facetiously, asked if you were 12.  I'm beginning to ponder if their inquiry was not in jest.

Facts are facts, seems you cant handle them.

Losing 2/3rds of their market cap is not a good sign.

Losing HALF their cash is not called doing well.

Their console doing 1/8th its predecessors sale is not awesome

Their handleld currently at 1/3rd its predecessros sale is not great.

Their console software sales fallen, Kart doing 1/6th the sales of its predecessors also not good.

And in all that ninty is doing well right, makes you really wonder whos 12.  Who cant see simnple facts.

They are litterly down in ever way, but keep dreaming they are invincible.  Blackberry thought so to.  

Being able to play Nintendo games on non-Nintendo consoles would be an extremely huge deal.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Armour1 said:
zorg1000 said:
Soundwave said:

NES - 63 mill
SNES - 49 mill
N64 - 33 mill
GameCube - 22 mill

Is it not the prevlent rumor nx a hybrid of both, so the failure of their consoles might just sink their handheld to.  Not that there is any high hope of a new handheld doing well these days.  

That only would make sense if it's an overpriced 2-in-1 device that has a lack of software releases but that's probably not where a supposed unified device is headed.

If they are separate devices that share a library than it makes no sense why the console would prevent the handheld from selling.

Armour1 said:
SpokenTruth said:
Armour1 said:
SpokenTruth said:

So you remove what I quoted you on?  I'm going to put it back.

SpokenTruth said:
Armour1 said:

Freakiong indes are doiong well.

Considering you didn't acknowledge you were incorrectly using market cap to denigrate Nintendo and now you're incorrectly attributing quotes, I think we're done here.   Someone recently, though facetiously, asked if you were 12.  I'm beginning to ponder if their inquiry was not in jest.

Facts are facts, seems you cant handle them.

Losing 2/3rds of their market cap is not a good sign.

Losing HALF their cash is not called doing well.

Their console doing 1/8th its predecessors sale is not awesome

Their handleld currently at 1/3rd its predecessros sale is not great.

Their console software sales fallen, Kart doing 1/6th the sales of its predecessors also not good.

And in all that ninty is doing well right, makes you really wonder whos 12.  Who cant see simnple facts.

They are litterly down in ever way, but keep dreaming they are invincible.  Blackberry thought so to.  

Holy shit dude, actually read what people say to u, it's like u just skim through people's posts and come up with the most negative thing u can think of.

I honestly think that I would like a lot a Sony-Nintendo partnership. But only if Nintendo is allowed to keep its independence as a developer and the quality of their games don't fall. I think that a console with Sony exclusives + Nintendo exclusives + 3rd parties would be a dream came true. The main reason I don't buy two consoles is because I can't afford them, so I'm buying Ninty consoles because it's my favourite company software-wise. But I would gladly buy this hypothetical console. Yeah, I'm not a purist, but I don't mind a lot :P.