By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Force Awakens while I dozed off. Yes, it was mediocre. *SPOILERS*

Now, for me a mediocre movie is not a bad one but one that does not stir any emotion in me. And that is worse than a bad movie (for me).

The biggest problem is the weak plot. There are way too many coincidences here that make the world seem very small. The villain is a traditional Disney villain and much like the MCU villains is weak and pose little threat. The main character as is expected from female protagonists these days is perfect at everything - lightsabre duelling, flying and repairing spaceships, wielding the force, etc.

The humour is forced like the directo thought he was doing an Avengers movie. The only one I chuckled at was the thumbs up of BB8.

The characters aren't really fleshed and don't really have an arc. They're best friends within scenes of meeting each other.

The movie also feels like a fan made SW movie with several things being poor copies of the items in the original trilogy.

I dozed off during a few seconds in the middle section. There's nothing really bad or good about the movie.

Around the Network

Not agreeing with you or disagreeing. Just saying there's already an "I hate Star Wars episode VII" thread. Come join us! The dark side is losing and could use your help.

d21lewis said:
Not agreeing with you or disagreeing. Just saying there's already an "I hate Star Wars episode VII" thread. Come join us! The dark side is losing and could use your help.

Come on, now. Let him get the attention he seeks!

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

d21lewis said:

Except that I don't hate the movie. I am indifferent to it. And that's worse than hating a movie. In a year's time, people will look at this and say that it's not a very good movie. It is just so tepid that only a fanboy can like this movie.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

lol

It's a fun solid Star Wars film. Not great, not terrible, just competent, and that's good enough to break most box office records (too bad the prequels got this horribly wrong). All Star Wars movies tend to drag a bit in the middle anyway. 

I won't judge it until the trilogy is done. It felt like first third of a story. I love Empire, but watching it stand alone would be an odd experience. I do hope they bring more new and interesting ideas to the universe of Star Wars.

After seeing your views this past year, do you like anything people like? Or are you one of those that only like things that people hate like Movie 43.

Acevil said:
After seeing your views this past year, do you like anything people like? Or are you one of those that only like things that people hate like Movie 43.

This.

This thread does nail how Rey is everything wrapped into one and doesn't have one flaw in her genes. Typical right with Hollywood and how A strong girl can beat up the strongest male which is impossible