By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is FF8 worth playing?

One of the best RPGs ever made. I played it the day it came out and replayed it just this year. Still great as ever. and I've played almost all FF games, except for the online ones.

Around the Network
Munchies said:
Nautilus said:
Is it worth playing?Yes
Is it worth playing more than the other FFs?No
You should play FFX, the best FF there is.The story is better, gameplay is better, and enemies dont lvl up with you(I really hated this, it broke the game for me, since it basically make it pointless to lvl up, and gain experience, one of the pillars of any RPG).
Play the other FFs, you deserve better

Are there any FFs that are borderline unplayable? I kinda wanna play the whole series. 

Any FF by definition is really good.But if you want to know the worst ones, they are FF XIII, III and II, from better to worst in my opinion.Just a reminder, they arent nowhere unplayable, just not as good as the others.(Played all mainline FF not including the online ones, since it is a ever expanding story, with the only exception being FF8, which i never managed to finish

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Thanks for the opinions, guys! I just bought FF III, VIII and XIII since I already had XIII-2 for some reason...

Nautilus said:
Munchies said:

Are there any FFs that are borderline unplayable? I kinda wanna play the whole series. 

Any FF by definition is really good.But if you want to know the worst ones, they are FF XIII, III and II, from better to worst in my opinion.Just a reminder, they arent nowhere unplayable, just not as good as the others.(Played all mainline FF not including the online ones, since it is a ever expanding story, with the only exception being FF8, which i never managed to finish

III looks adorable, especially since Bravely Default seems to have been heavily influenced by it. I like the job system and the whole crystal plot was appealing to me. I'm honestly gonna give it a try just because BD shredded me to pieces.

My all time favorite FF scene is at the end of CD1, so EPIC!!

The draw system is incredibly tedious and the story is sappy and has a retarded plot twist.

But looking at how games are today... what used to be not so great might be a masterpiece now.

At any rate, just don't expect it to be as good as FF7.