By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is a Masterpiece!

Will you buy Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Yes 128 38.91%

No 121 36.78%

Already have it! 80 24.32%

Total:329
Azzanation said:

Amazing game, I feel sorry for those judging it by sales and not there own mind. Loved the deal MS did to throw off gamers choosing 1 console over the other. It clearly shows that no body likes TR anymore which would mean a possible TR buyout from MS, now that would be fantastic.

If your a true gamer and love video games, there's no excuse not to pick it up. Buy an XB1 or get a PC, its a must have game if you like games like Uncharted.

Those that refuse to buy it because of the deal.. lol there's no words for that except haters gonna hate.

You must first convince those who already own a xb1 to get the game before trying to convince ps4 owners to get a xb1/pc because as you can see, there are a lot of xb1 owners that arent a true gamer going by your definition of a "true gamer"

Around the Network

Game reminded me so much of Uncharted 2. It was trying so hard, but it had its own feel in some parts. It really tried through. Great game!

I, like several others, got the game for Christmas. It's quite a blast. The scope of some of the areas like the Soviet Installation is very impressive (even if I must have missed a map there, damn you!), the tombs are more interesting than in the original and I prefer the variety in the setting.

Currently at the geothermal Valley, yeah its a bit of slow progress but I'm enjoying going around collecting everything and doing all the side missions, and doing that whilst keeping your interest for me is the mark of a quality game.

For that price you'd be a fool not to get it. For those without an X1, definitely look it up next year!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

foodfather said:
Angelv577 said:
Might give it a chance next year after TR reboot disappointment.

86% on Metacritic... how was it a disappointment.

And yeah OP, its a crime how xbox owners are not buying the game. MS/SQ are equally to blame for the silly release. 

He did not  like it and therefore was disappointed...how is that not a disappointment to him?  =/

But yea RotTR is pretty great, this deal coupled with the release date is killing it.  But the real shame is even X1 gamers that bragged about it are ignoring it.  It is Sunset Overdrive all over again.  I guess no matter how good a game you are, X1 exclusives get the shaft if they are not Halo, Forza, or Gears.  It saddens me as these are some real gems and there are more than enough X1 owners out there to support these games.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Azzanation said:

Amazing game, I feel sorry for those judging it by sales and not there own mind. Loved the deal MS did to throw off gamers choosing 1 console over the other. It clearly shows that no body likes TR anymore which would mean a possible TR buyout from MS, now that would be fantastic.

If your a true gamer and love video games, there's no excuse not to pick it up. Buy an XB1 or get a PC, its a must have game if you like games like Uncharted.

Those that refuse to buy it because of the deal.. lol there's no words for that except haters gonna hate.

As someone else said, not even XBO users are buying the game (thus the poor sales), so your argument is totally flawed. People are not judging the game based on sales, they are saying they wont buy it until it comes to a platform they own. Most people are not going to want to spend £280 or whatever it is for an XBO just to play a single game, yes it happens, but not that often. Most people would think, it's a lot of money, did I like the previous entry, will i buy anything more on that platform to justify the spend. Thus most gamers are not doing so, they may like the games (I liked the previous one), but cannot justify buying a less powerful, probably less used console when they get it, for a game that was pretty good previously, but it's not worth £280.

If you are a *true* gamer you wouldnt say such stuff.

So how many games on XBO do you own, how many games on PS4 do you own, you have a wii-u right.... as you are a true gamer, please give me some details on your collection, because it must be pretty large if you support every platform and every game in the 80's and up on metacritic... or are you just trolling, well you know that's frowned upon on these forums and usually ends badly. :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Was planning on buying it on PC, but after trying the demo on XB1 and hearing what a friend had to say after playing half of it (then quitting) decided against it. The game brings nothing new to the table, and a lot of what it does, doesn't do well.

Well is is certainly not the release time that is the issue, ark survival on xbox one is downloaded more than a million times and is not even available in all regions with even like no marketing at all?

Shiken said:
foodfather said:
Angelv577 said:
Might give it a chance next year after TR reboot disappointment.

86% on Metacritic... how was it a disappointment.

And yeah OP, its a crime how xbox owners are not buying the game. MS/SQ are equally to blame for the silly release. 

He did not  like it and therefore was disappointed...how is that not a disappointment to him?  =/

But yea RotTR is pretty great, this deal coupled with the release date is killing it.  But the real shame is even X1 gamers that bragged about it are ignoring it.  It is Sunset Overdrive all over again.  I guess no matter how good a game you are, X1 exclusives get the shaft if they are not Halo, Forza, or Gears.  It saddens me as these are some real gems and there are more than enough X1 owners out there to support these games.

This is a pet peeve of mine.  Like you said, many people bragged about the game in list wars etc. When it came time, just didn't care if the game even existed. Didn't buy it.  Didn't play it. Using a list to say "my console is awesome" when the reality is that the games in that list don't appeal to you.  Don't know what to say about that.

For all of the hype a game like (for example) Crackdown 3 is receiving, I hope a few "List Warriors" actually put their money where their mouths are.

d21lewis said:
Shiken said:

This is a pet peeve of mine.  Like you said, many people bragged about the game in list wars etc. When it came time, just didn't care if the game even existed. Didn't buy it.  Didn't play it. Using a list to say "my console is awesome" when the reality is that the games in that list don't appeal to you.  Don't know what to say about that.

For all of the hype a game like (for example) Crackdown 3 is receiving, I hope a few "List Warriors" actually put their money where their mouths are.

Unfortunately I can see Crackdown 3 doing poorly as well... it's one of those "Forum" games where people shout it loudly, but when push comes to shove, it wont sell very well at all..., I've got my fingers crossed for Quantumn break, because I really like Remedy as a studio, but after Alan Wakes sales (and it was a great game)... I really dont hold out much hope.

As you say, for all the "best games" lists and comparisons, it doesnt matter if no one goes out and actually buys the games... and thats I think what people are trying to say about Tomb Raider. I keep seeing people claiming it's not CD fault, or that its game of the generation, or it's the best game this year...so people should buy it one way or another... but if you are going to prevent a bigger and probably more supportive community of TR from getting the game, then it's certainly not the fault of PS4 users.

I may get hassle for saying this, but I've always considered the people who buy Sony consoles to be a little more generous with their gaming money and dont mind trying something different, while MS users not so much. 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

d21lewis said:

But then again, even if these List Warriors all bought the game it would be like a handful of sold copies :) Those list fights are indeed funny, I understand that it's appealing for some to have lots to choose from, but I think average gamer only has time to play few games each year.