By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Character(s) you would love to disappear from a video game

Is there a video game character that you'd wish out of a video game, thinking that the story could really do without or even improve without him/her?

Like a video game's Jar Jar Binks?

Some aspects you may have in mind when wishing one character away:

1) The character is poorly written

2) Bad character design

3) The character won't fit with the rest of the game

4) The character is annoying: says dumb things and/or does stupid shit

5) Takes way too much spotlight from more interesting characters

6) The character won't shut up!

7) He does something in particular that pissed you off (disclaimer: be careful, learn to love your villains)

8) The character is boring

9) He represents a stereotype in society that you dislike

10) Lame special ability / fighting style / gameplay mechanic

Those are the things I can think of right now.

Somehow I expect two names to show up here, maybe I am wrong though. xD

Anyways, any character you would like to disappear from a video game?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

The 4 main characters of FFXV. I'd rather play just the car.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Screw  your Jar Jar Binks analogy, whether you like him or not his role in Star Wars prequels is the most important of all characters. He's the first one to say yes to the Clones meaning the Empire was essentially voted in. :P

Anywho...

From Mass Effect - Vega, pointless meathead. Anderson, a lot was made about him but I just found him kinda dull.

Dragon Age - Solas, hate him. In my first play through he didn't seem to like my character, even though I never said anything bad to him, which confused me. Guess my decisions weren't to his liking. Then when the end came the fact he was lying the entire game...well. I hope they do not focus on his side of things next game. Couldn't think of anything worse. I like the Dragon Age world, the over arching story needs to be toned down each entry not made like Mass Effect.

Most of FF13 cast. Fang was fine but most the others were whiny emo kids when they were meant to be like 20 something. FF games characters are usually consistant, not flicking between emotions like that.

Tekken 6 - Lars, stupid spammy character.

Hmm, pie.

I am currently playing FF7 and my God how annoying is that Aeris character.

Momo from Star Ocean 4.

Around the Network

lamar in GTA5. i was really really really really hoping he would die.... sigh...

Rico in KZ2 and KZ3. another character i hoped would die.

Super Smash Bros.: Snake, Ryu

The former because he doesn't fit with the rest of the cast at all, the latter because he is already the most iconic character in another fighting game series. Merging franchises just for the sake of it is distasteful.

Halo: Miranda Keyes

She could have been an interesting addition to the very small cast following the original title, but the developers wouldn't allow her to become more than a boring female token.

Mario Kart: Baby characters, Metal characters, Koopalings

Just because the game is new that doesn't mean you have to add tons of characters to the roster. Less is more in this instance.

weaveworld said:
I am currently playing FF7 and my God how annoying is that Aeris character.

I regret making this thread.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Starlow in the Mario & Luigi games.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I have to agree with bananaking and also choose Lamar. He patronizes Franklin for looking ahead of himself and having a good life "in the hills". And because he's useless as hell; he ends up screwing up many jobs him and Franklin were doing. If only on the start of that mission, where Tanisha forces Franklin to save him, I wish they would've given me the option to not save him. It would've been an interesting choice that led to future consequences storywise.