By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Character(s) you would love to disappear from a video game

CosmicSex said:
Momo from Star Ocean 4.

Momo from Xenosaga 1

Around the Network

Most female characters in Star Ocean 4 for me. I especially hated the winged moron, Sarah, whose Japanese voice actress had me wishing from the moment I met the character that she would not join my party. To my great displeasure, she did, and went on to become my most hated playable character in any video game.

The rest get a dishonorable mention. They aren't much better, but their voices didn't annoy me quite to the same extent.

There's a long and cool post somewhere on reddit about Jar Jar Binks which shows how he's like, a jedi in disguise and how all his actions can be seen as him simply acting dumb and actually manipulating everyone and always making concious, well thought out decisons. Its pretty cool. I don't have the link anymore, but uh. Google Jar Jar Binks conspiracy or something ^^

As for the OP, not really. Even bad characters usually fit some necessary role in the end. There are probably a few though..

FragilE^ said:
As for the OP, not really. Even bad characters usually fit some necessary role in the end. There are probably a few though..

They're sole roles are to waste the main characters time. To allow a plot point to go forward. Which would normally be prevented. For Fii's case, in Skyward sword. She'd be in a catorgory for UI Harasment. I'm still sayign she was spawned from Cortana and the Windows Paper Clip assistant.

EX: Steve in Code Veronica. They would of escaped, if he didn't cause the gas leak, captured, causing various delays. As he popped up. And his worthless father stuff. It's an Issue because the character is not done well, to ignore that this is his sole reason for exsistance, in the game.

EX: The stupid kid in Mass Effect 3. Same issue as above.

Or to extend the time of the game. Through bad choice, annoyance, foolishness, or betrayal.

EX: Gary/Green/Blue in Pokemon. He's used at key points. Were you had no time to heal. Or be at a higher level. Causing you to go back one area. Or force a grind delay. Issue: He's the champion, at the end. While mere minutes of you fighting him before, at victory road. So he beat the league. And was setup in the champion room, within that short time? He's a very poor Deu ex Machina.

bananaking21 said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Are you fucking crazy?!   Lamar was the best part!

he is so fucking annoying. 

May I ask why?   I mean objectively you have to admit that his comedy is beloved by a lot of people.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

Any character that isn't Sonic or Shadow from SA2. The Sonic and Shadow levels are pretty fun but everything else is pretty mediocre or just plain awful.

Tatsu from XCX, not a great character and overall just makes the rest of the Nopon look bad.