By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You are now appointed to be Nintendo's President, what would you do?

Stop making consoles.

Buy Konami IPs.

Become one of the biggest 3rd party developers.

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Eddie_Raja said:
97alexk said:

Let retro studios and monolith soft work together on a full scale new first Person metroid game

1) Start buying up great studios from all over the world (NOT JUST JAPANESE!).  Sony did this last gen and it has future-proofed Playstation FOREVER!  No matter what happens to the industry people will want games, and Sony will be able to produce them.

2) Work towards making an online network that rivals PSN.  No need to reinvent the wheel, just take PSN and improve anything that seems obvious.  This will take time, but it is long overdue.

3) Make a STANDARD console that can just be launched and sell 30m.  I would aim for a late 2016 launch with a Puma+/Greenland AMD APU on the 14nm node.  Something with 8GB of GDDR5X and something close to a 390/460 X in power.  Sell it for $300 with Zelda, SSB, 3D Mario, and AT LEAST 1 mature exclusive. 

4) At E3 2016, besides showing the obvious; I would make a point to showcase several mature AAA exclusives in the pipeline.

5) Make a gaming-android Nintendo tablet.  This would be the Successor to the 3DS for $300 and have a way as working like the Wii U gamepad when hooked up to the NX.

Dear God, no. A tablet with the Nintendo name is the worst idea ever. A good handheld costs $100-$200, and actually has buttons. $300 for a handheld is way too expensive. Going the powerful tablet route is a disaster waiting to happen. The Vita failed hard because it tried to do console level graphics. The Wii U failed almost as hard because it tried to add tablet gaming features to a console. Combining the two is a recipe for failure.

Right now FAR MORE people are buying $200-$600 tablets for their kids than they are handhelds.  If Nintendo made a durable tablet with a ton of great exclusives I see no reason they couldn't make fistfulls of cash.  Let's wait and see I suppose - after all I feel  the handheld market will continue to shrink by large margins every generation and so this is their only real option.

What is your source, for your statement that more people are buying $200-$600 tablets for their kids. Where are your sales numbers to back that up? I'm pretty sure that the mobile gaming market will shrink a little in the next few years, as a response to all the shovelware, and microtransactions nonsense.

1. Before this thread people said power downer matter. This thread says otherwise. Oh; what a turn of event.
2. Many users are writing a recipe for disaster. Reality isn't that easy.

Here is my recipe for disaster/ success:
1. Traditional console (Xbox One level power + Wii U pro controller)
2. Online subscription system with free VC games.
3. Good development kit that makes porting to handheld easier.
4. F2P Nintendo IP in mobile like Mario Run.
5. Better management of software development and proper release of games.

Power doesn't matter to a lot of gamers, and to Nintendo, because they all know that a good game is more than graphics.

Power matters when it comes to making a successful home console, because too many consumers and AAA developers are fixated on the idea of a major graphics leap every new console cycle.

Let the NX run it's course and support it with plenty of games. After that, become 3rd party and make games for everything. Also, build a lot of new studios to ramp up game production on new IPs but have some studios focus on making more adult oriented games only. Make sure that all games are well supplied and that the prices of games adjust like other games on other platforms.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
I would put old franchises to rest, and then aggressively start making new ones..

Such as Mario?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Areym said:
Cloudman said:

That'd take quite a lot of money to do... A Mario RPG with that kind of money would make a hell out of an RPG. Maybe they should just do an open world pokemon game then, haha..

Well, the bulk of the money would go to buying whatever Square soft rights they hold on the original game for SNES like characters, likeness, etc. That or a very comvoluted plan, costing billions of dollars (or yen??), to swindle them out of those rights. Then, whatever scraps I have left, I would make an actual sequel to the Super Mario RPG: The legend of the seven stars. Not Mario & luigi game, not a bloody paper mario game, but a true sequel to the best damn game on the SNES.

I'd also make an MMO pokemon game cause I like money.

Actually, considering Sakurai managed to get a Geno Mii costume on Smash Bros, maybe it wouldn't cost Ninten a huge fortune to get the rights on all the properties of Mario RPG, haha... It would so awesome if they could make one more true sequel to the game. It was just so good...!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'd have the Zelda team make a game that the entire fandom would enjoy as soon as it releases and forever after.

Then I'd wake up from that crazy dream and get ready for my next meeting. Hopefully I can get those old guys on the board of directors to approve my plan to add a Goomba as a playable character in Mario Kart 9. Fingers crossed!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

-Burn the Wii U left in stock after NX release
-No backwards compatibility to Wii U or Wii. Remaster/port some games and use every inch of the NX to put modern chips.
-Step down Aonuma and put someone capable of leading the franchise.
-Start development of a new Metroid Trilogy.
-Make IS develop a real PM TTYD sequel and a HD FE.
-Monolith works in Xenoblade 3.
-Miyamoto is nowhere near the hardware R&D.
-Develop Melee 2.
-Develop MK64-2
-Beg Cammie to come back to the marketing area.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I like the Sonytendo idea. I just don't think the industry is big enough to support 3 major console makers anymore. Nintendo should make a deal with Sony. Basically just become a second party studio for PlayStation consoles.