By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First to reach 25 million console install base- PS3 or XBox 360?

leo-j said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Easy man the PS3 will get there first the writing is on the wall. With lots of great games to be released in 2008 and the BLu-ray format win for the PS3, expect Sony to kick butt.

WTF??

on topic: It will be the Xbox 360 to make it first, my sig indicates that, though according to my signature there is a very low possibility the PS3 can really take off which indicates the reason the wii is barely at 30M on my sig, and 360 below the PS3 by the end of the year. It really depends on the PS3. Therefore I think right now the 360 will make that mark with the PS3 about 1-2 million consoles behind.

Oops I was supposed to post that with my other account

Around the Network

the 360 will hit 25 mill first the ps3 is to far behine to catch up.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I think a price drop by microsoft this year would swing this the right way for 360. PS3 was the last to drop. Sony wont drop 2 years running.

360 should get to 25 million first. Although I do expect the ps3 to significantly outperform it when they do their next price cut.

Aj_habfan said:
Did you just respond to your first post? I think you forgot to switch accounts or something...

Nah, he got banned for a minute.

OT: 360, hands down. 

Around the Network

360 barley.

360 for sure... for the 30 million milestone I think PS3 will edge out the 360 by a few months (PS3 might manage 30m in calender Q4 2009, 360 won't get there till 2010)

360 of course - PS3 would have to sell double the 360 WW - simply not happening

360. By the time 360 reaches 25, PS3 might be around 22 though. Wii is by far going to hit it before either one. :p

^Wii will manage 25 million in a couple of months..... and 30 million in the summer.