By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First to reach 25 million console install base- PS3 or XBox 360?

The Wii will get to 25 million in the next month or two. But who will get there first PS3 or XBox 360?

I personally believe it will be PS3 first to 25 million console install base but only just. Expect XBox 360 to reach 25 million I predict within a week or two after the PS3. 

Around the Network

Easy man the PS3 will get there first the writing is on the wall. With lots of great games to be released in 2008 and the BLu-ray format win for the PS3, expect Sony to kick butt.

IMHO the 360 will hit 25 million first. There are a lot of variables that can swing it the other way but I really don't think the PS3 will get 14 million sold to consumer before the 360 gets 7.4 million. Even with MGS, FFXIII, GT5, and the PS3 continuing to outsell the 360 ( its not outselling it by nearly enough to get it to 25 mil before the 360). The PS3 would have to do about 2x the 360's sales numbers and although there may be a possibility of its occurrence, crazier things have happened, I don't believe its probable.

So PS3 reach 30 million before XBox 360 reaches 30 million is a bit more realistic?

Did you just respond to your first post? I think you forgot to switch accounts or something...

Around the Network

I reckon 360 will get there first but only just.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Haha, yea, 30 mil is def a bit more realistic. I think it will be a bit later but you never know...it may just be because I'm more interested in the 360 than PS3 but I'll give you that one. Especially with how poorly the 360 has done in Japan. We also have to see how the 360 does this week in others. I think that'll give us a better idea of if and when the PS3 will pass the 360. Whether it be 28 mil or 30 mil or even 35 mil. And again, if it passes it, stranger things have happened....yea I can be too much a realist sometimes lol.

25 million install base is a fine achievement. Both the Game Cube and XBox did not even reach 25 million console instal base and they were both on market for four years.

Tough call, but I say 360.

Aj_habfan said:
Did you just respond to your first post? I think you forgot to switch accounts or something...

So, so funny. Look at the things rock on posts; he's a trip. Alway changing sides. It seems he has a split personality. Gotta love him...