By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Muslim family refused entrance to the US...

John2290 said:

For apparently no reason at all...

http://news.sky.com/story/1611036/us-stops-uk-muslim-familys-dream-holiday

abour MP has called on the Prime Minister to intervene after a British Muslim family at Gatwick Airport was prevented from flying to California.

The group of 11, including nine children, was about to travel to Los Angeles on a dream holiday last Tuesday when they were approached by US Homeland Security officials in the departure lounge.

The officials told Mohammad Tariq Mahmood and his party that their authorisation to travel on the flight had been cancelled without further explanation.

Labour's Stella Creasy, who is the family's local MP, has written to David Cameron to try to find out why the family was stopped.

She also said a growing number of British Muslims claim they have received similar treatment.

It comes as Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump recently called for all Muslims to be stopped from entering the United States.

Mr Mahmood, who was travelling with his brother and nine of their children aged between eight and 19, said a week on they still had not been given a reason for the last-minute cancellation.

But he told The Guardian: "It's because of the attacks on America - they think every Muslim poses a threat."

The family has also reportedly been told by their airline, Norwegian Air, that the £9,000 cost of their flights will not be refunded.

Ms Creasy believes a lack of information from US authorities about why they were prevented from travelling is fuelling resentment within British Muslim communities.

She said: "It is not just the family themselves who are livid.

"The vacuum created by a refusal to provide any context for these decisions is fuelling resentment and debate.

"Online and offline discussions reverberate with the growing fear UK Muslims are being 'trumped' - that widespread condemnation of Donald Trump’s call for no Muslim to be allowed into America contrasts with what is going on in practice."

Story continues on linked website.

This just came on the news (ITV) and they had something about the father having something on his facebook page about being the leader of the Taliban. He says he doesn't know how that got on there and it must have been hackers?? But if that's the case I do now understand the travel refusal even if it was a joke.

It's pretty much the equivalent if shouting bomb in the airport.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Isil recruiters are gonna be overloaded with volunteers.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

outlawauron said:
hershel_layton said:
sabvre42 said:

>

It was an honest opinion I made. There wasn't any type of immaturity in it

Not only was it immature and full of hyperbole, it's also false.

Wow, I sure wish some explanation was added. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I think it's funny how the writer throws in the Trump part as if he issued an order to block Muslims from entering the country .

NobleTeam360 said:
I think it's funny how the writer throws in the Trump part as if he issued an order to block Muslims from entering the country .

#Journalism

Around the Network

Whenever I fill out a Visa permit I know that even if the consul gives me the visa a clerk at immigration can refuse my entering without giving any reason or refund. And I bet if it was a white catholic family from Italy being refused no one would care.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Whenever I fill out a Visa permit I know that even if the consul gives me the visa a clerk at immigration can refuse my entering without giving any reason or refund. And I bet if it was a white catholic family from Italy being refused no one would care.

That's painfully true. White catholics from Poland get treated like that all the time (Italians don't need visas, so it doesn't happen to them ) and nobody in America seems to care, the media isn't crying about it.

Also:

http://pamelageller.com/2015/12/muslim-family-who-blamed-islamophobia-and-trump-for-disney-travel-ban-linked-to-taliban-and-al-qaeda.html/

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Good

Scisca said:
DonFerrari said:

That's painfully true. White catholics from Poland get treated like that all the time (Italians don't need visas, so it doesn't happen to them ) and nobody in America seems to care, the media isn't crying about it.

Also:

http://pamelageller.com/2015/12/muslim-family-who-blamed-islamophobia-and-trump-for-disney-travel-ban-linked-to-taliban-and-al-qaeda.html/

But "he don't know how it happned, it's tottaly unfair threatment"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Scisca said:

asqarkabab said:

Im for equality mate 

I only meant that america cares for its security 

Im sad for that family because they didnt deserve to be handled like terrorists

Not all muslims are terrorists 

The ISIL are not muslims like the wahabis are no muslims

When it comes to muslims, there can never be too much security.

@bold - why are you saying such nonsense? They are 100% muslim and follow the teachings of islam in what they do. This division between "radical" and "moderate" muslims is pure bs made up by the western left-wing propaganda. Even the muslims disagree with this division and find it offensive. There is only one islam and ISIL fits perfectly in it, what are they doing that the perfect muslim role-model Mr. Muhammad didn't do? That's the problem with this wicked religion and the reason why we should do our utmost to stop its expansion and then limit the number of its followers.

And 9 children... No wonder we are being overrun. Good luck accepting yet another wave of immigrants in 2016!

What do you think about moses and judaism ?

Mohammad was like moses in acting 

Mohammad only defended himself from the pagans and his wars were like moses wars 

And muslims disagree with your opinion 

Did you know that shia muslims gave iraqi christians safety in their holiest shrine in iraq the shrine of Hussein ibn Ali 

Did you know that muslims say that wahabis are no muslims 

Wahabis destroy everything that dont fit in theire ideology

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS