By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Muslim family refused entrance to the US...

I guess someone doesn't know how to have a proper debate. I wish you a merry christmas. Your posts have been reported.

Moderated - Please review Rule 9.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forum-rules.php#content

Around the Network

There's few feelings worse than being screwed by the government or any authority and not even being provided with an explanation. Heck, they don't even get a refund? We're certainly doing our best to manufacture radicals... Now a giant group of kids have firsthand experience of direct government discrimination against them as well.

Can't imagine why this happened... I recall on three separate occasions that I was briefly stopped as my name (John Walsh), being (I imagine) an insanely common combination in Ireland, was the same as some IRA person on the no fly list... When they realized I was decades too young, though, I'd always get through. Could his name perhaps be shared by some radical?

Either way, this was handled about as poorly as one would expect government to handle anything.

WolfpackN64 said:
DonFerrari said:
WolfpackN64 said:

First of all, it's Shintoists. What did Shintoism do in itself? Nothing bad really. Have they been misused? Oh yes! Ever heard of WWII and Japan's involvement? They used Shinto to propagate a nationalist feeling.

And secondly. Communism in itself killed no-one. People who think so should look at the death count one could stick on Capitalism.

In portuguese it is xintoísta, but whatever. Never hear of any terror cell from shintoist origin. So please try and link that to your claim that all religion have extremist and trying to pass that as similar to muslim extemists, and also you ignored the "fundamentalists and extremists" of indigenous religion... You claimed all religion have them, so please prove. I have heard Japan involvement, are we comparing War between countries and governments with religious fundamentalists, how far do you want to push this argument to say extremists muslim is just like any other religious extremists?

I didn't say communism, I said communists, want to read again? And there is a big difference between death under a system from because of it. How many millions have capitalism extermined because of different POV? How much freedom to spread your narrative would you have in any communist country that ever was? In capitalist countries you can badmouth it and defend communism, in communist countries you can't disagree and much less uphold capitalist ideals.

WolfpackN64 said:

I'd rather you specify what's wrong with my statement yourself.

And no, in the 20th century alone, the "capitalist death-toll" would ring well over 100 million deaths. Disregarding the many worker's deaths of the 19th century and the wars fed by the industrial-military complex of the 21st century.

Please elucidate what you include in Capitalism body count and on communism just so we know we are talking about the same thing... because comparing deaths from plagues or war to executions is silly.

You're making a few mistakes here.

1. Putting  democracy and capitalism in the same basket. They're unrelated. You can have a capitalist dictatorship and a communist democracy. The point I originally was trying to make was to say it's stupid to put death counts on ideologies.

2. If executions would count toward a Communist death toll, then WW1 and WW2 count as capitalist death counts. Death from poor working conditions would count, anti-communist's purges of communists would count, desastrous global warming effects would count, famines and malnutrition in some poorer nations would count, death under colonial regimes would count, ... you get the point.

3. Shintoism never had a terror cell, but many people were killed or repressed by the "Japanese national spirit" in WWII and Shintoism was used to great effect here.

4. Over half of Japan's ruling elite (including the prime minister) are part of Nippon Kaigi. An organization that openly reveres the Empire of Greater Japan and exuses a lot of the crimes commited during the military rule during WWII. The ruling party, in chich most of the Nippon Kaigi members are part, is support by the Association of Shinto Shrines. I wouldn't say that's extremist, but it gives a clear sign of fundamentalism, not necesarily from the people, but definatly from the ruling elite.

And if you think I take pleasure in using Japan as an example. I study Japanese.

I still haven't saw a communist democracy. If everything is from the governement there is no free enterpearnoship and them you can't say it's true democracy.

Haven't communists fight on WW1 and WW2? And Didn't they have internal wars as well? As far as I know communists countries had several deaths from inane, poor working condition and also polluted a lot.

If you want to use reasons of war them Macartism is an excuse, communist expansion also is and all the other excuses governement make to fight wars.

Would please list the true crimes that Japan commited instead of the ones that winning part say the losing part commited? And having politicians being religious and making their bad decisions isn't in any way close to killing because of religion.

And no I don't think you take pleasure, I raised the point (altough you skipped native religions).

Johnw1104 said:
There's few feelings worse than being screwed by the government or any authority and not even being provided with an explanation. Heck, they don't even get a refund? We're certainly doing our best to manufacture radicals... Now a giant group of kids have firsthand experience of direct government discrimination against them as well.

Can't imagine why this happened... I recall on three separate occasions that I was briefly stopped as my name (John Walsh), being (I imagine) an insanely common combination in Ireland, was the same as some IRA person on the no fly list... When they realized I was decades too young, though, I'd always get through. Could his name perhaps be shared by some radical?

Either way, this was handled about as poorly as one would expect government to handle anything.

If you become a radical because of how bad governement are you should go towards less government envolvement instead of bigger governments.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

hershel_layton said:
Snoopy said:

Is there an Islamic country that is peaceful? Not being mean or rude, just don't know any. Feel bad for a lot of them.

There would be if America stopped bombing them. Syria, Palestine, and Iraq were all amazing countries before America spreaded its "democracy". 

Nice try... the Ottomans and the Brits were meddling in Iraq LOOOONG before the Yanks ever dropped a single bomb over there, as well as meddling in Syria too.

When did AMERICA start bombing Syria and Palestine in order to spread "democracy"???  Syria is currently in the midst of a massive civil war with several factions vying for control while the Assad regime is being propped up by Russia and Iran, and "Palestine" was never a country... it's a failed state that doesn't know when to stop picking a fight with its much stronger and more prosperous neighboring state ,which was created in the aftermath of WWII (again due to European meddling, not the US) after Nazi Germany tried to exterminate the Jewish people, which today's Palestinians and their supporters would love to finish the job if given the chance.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Hiku said:
Lawlight said:
So, what exactly is the issue here?

The family were not told why they aren't allowed on the plane, and they were denied a refund on the £9000 they spent on tickets.

National security organisations do not give out information freely. 

It is not the travel agency's responsibility to get them visas. If they couldn't make the flight or bought non-refundable tickets, then they shouldn't be entitled to any refund.

My guess is that one of them has ties to radical islam.

Around the Network

And so the plot thickens...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3371472/David-Cameron-look-Muslim-family-banned-visiting-Disneyland-California-U-S-officials.html

"A British Muslim father whose planned Disneyland trip was ruined when he and his family were barred from boarding a flight to the U.S. has now been forced to distance himself from a Facebook account claiming links to Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

Mohammad Tariq Mahmood, 41, his brother and their children, aged between eight and 19, said they were stopped at the departure gate at Gatwick airport and told their visas to the US had been revoked.

He claimed the family were barred from flying 'because they are Muslim'.

However, it has since emerged that a Facebook page claiming links to radical Islamist groups was set up by someone who has lived at the family's postal address, according to ITV News.

The account, which includes information suggesting it may have been published as a joke, was in the name of Hamza Hussain - a first name shared by Mr Mahmood's 18-year-old son. It reportedly lists the job titles 'supervisor at Taliban and leader at al-Qaeda'.

When asked about the account, Mr Mahmood believed hackers may have been to blame, adding: 'That could be anything, maybe a mistake.'

He said: 'It is not my son's Facebook page. It has a similar name, but not the same as my son's.

'The page is also linked to our home address and that could be coincidence. I don't know why it is linked there. The name is not even the same. The authorities must have linked it simply because of the name Hamza.'

It was understood that the wives of Mr Mahmood and his brother had stayed at home for the trip because one of them was ill and one of the children did not have a valid passport.

But it is now believed that Mr Mahmood's wife was in Pakistan at the time."

Boy, that paints quite a different picture than the "we were denied entry to the US because we are Muslim, and because Donald Trump is big fat poo poo head meanie!" that the original news articles on this story attempted to paint.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

If they have legitimate ties to radicals then ok that's certainly one thing.

But if they were denied on the basis of an obvious joke on their kid's Facebook account (kids every day say stupid things on their Facebook, do we really think this kid is "supervisior of the Talbian and leader of al-Qaeda"?) ... then IMO I think there are within their rights to file some kind of grievance.  

I think if that's the case, then they should be reimbursed the $9000 by the US government or at least some portion of it. Sure they gov't official may have done it out of an abundance of caution, but if the account was obvious joke then the goverment can at least show a little class and refund the tickets. 

NightDragon83 said:
hershel_layton said:
Snoopy said:

Is there an Islamic country that is peaceful? Not being mean or rude, just don't know any. Feel bad for a lot of them.

There would be if America stopped bombing them. Syria, Palestine, and Iraq were all amazing countries before America spreaded its "democracy". 

Nice try... the Ottomans and the Brits were meddling in Iraq LOOOONG before the Yanks ever dropped a single bomb over there, as well as meddling in Syria too.

When did AMERICA start bombing Syria and Palestine in order to spread "democracy"???  Syria is currently in the midst of a massive civil war with several factions vying for control while the Assad regime is being propped up by Russia and Iran, and "Palestine" was never a country... it's a failed state that doesn't know when to stop picking a fight with its much stronger and more prosperous neighboring state ,which was created in the aftermath of WWII (again due to European meddling, not the US) after Nazi Germany tried to exterminate the Jewish people, which today's Palestinians and their supporters would love to finish the job if given the chance.

I call for bullshit. I am against the Israeli government. However, the media makes the entire situation extremely biased. It's either they portray Israel as the enemy or Palestine.

The truth is that Israel has zionists who love to illegally settle into land, and there are extremist nuts in Palestine. People act as though everyone in that area is in war. I'd hate to burst your bubble, but they aren't. Israelites and Palestinians live in society peacefully. It's only a few rotten apples from both side that are causing the entire situation.

Also, recall the Iraq war? I never asked for whether the Ottomans and Brits were before them or not. The Iraq war was one of the dumbest actions ever made by the U.S(thanks Bush). Yes, Bin Laden needed to be killed. However, did that require the disgusting actions America did during the war with Iraq? 

I don't side with any country honestly. I hate patriotism. It makes people blind. It makes people hate the truth. Prevents them from seeing the mistakes in front of their own eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

NightDragon83 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3371472/David-Cameron-look-Muslim-family-banned-visiting-Disneyland-California-U-S-officials.html

"A British Muslim father whose planned Disneyland trip was ruined when he and his family were barred from boarding a flight to the U.S. has now been forced to distance himself from a Facebook account claiming links to Al Qaeda and the Taliban.

Mohammad Tariq Mahmood, 41, his brother and their children, aged between eight and 19, said they were stopped at the departure gate at Gatwick airport and told their visas to the US had been revoked.

However, it has since emerged that a Facebook page claiming links to radical Islamist groups was set up by someone who has lived at the family's postal address, according to ITV News.

The account, which includes information suggesting it may have been published as a joke, was in the name of Hamza Hussain - a first name shared by Mr Mahmood's 18-year-old son. It reportedly lists the job titles 'supervisor at Taliban and leader at al-Qaeda'.

When asked about the account, Mr Mahmood believed hackers may have been to blame, adding: 'That could be anything, maybe a mistake.'

He said: 'It is not my son's Facebook page. It has a similar name, but not the same as my son's.

'The page is also linked to our home address and that could be coincidence. I don't know why it is linked there. The name is not even the same. The authorities must have linked it simply because of the name Hamza.'

It was understood that the wives of Mr Mahmood and his brother had stayed at home for the trip because one of them was ill and one of the children did not have a valid passport.

Boy, that paints quite a different picture than the "we were denied entry to the US because we are Muslim, and because Donald Trump is big fat poo poo head meanie!" that the original news articles on this story attempted to paint.

Thanks for the info. Much of the immature fighting wouldn't have happened if the OP listed it out.

Whether Donald Trump would do this or not has no relevance. He's not president, has close to no political power, and is taken more like a joke than a serious politician.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

NightDragon83 said:

oh my god this proofs everything apparently a al qaeda leader will freely admit he is the leader of that group whilst living in the UK. In that case I am the president of america and the proof is on my facebook right under 'occupation'.