By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Force Awakens Box Office Thread: $1,73B

DakonBlackblade said:
Lawlight said:

I'm sure there are multiple more SW fanboys making multiple accounts to rate the movie a 10. Also, if you look at the Top 250 that includes votes from the top users and it has a 8.4 there. So, fanboys are overrating the movie.

This only proves that you didnt spend 1 minute on the IMDB forums realy. If you put the user reviews on cronological order theres quite a bit more 7-10 reviews than 1-3, but if you put it on "top reviews" (as in the ones ppl vote) theres like 4 pages of 1-3 reviews. Ppl are going on a cruzade to lower the ratings too, even openly making threads calling the haters to arm.  As I said it has happened before, on The Dark Knight Ryses they managed to knock over .5 in its rating and until they stopped the cruzade the highest voted user review was a 2 stars one, similar thing happened ot Age of Ultron and in a lesser extent to Inception (altough this one ended up with a 8.8 regardless cause it started well over 9 and ppl still go to imdb and rate it 9 or 10 till this day).

Theres also a "top 250 defense force" on imdb, they targeted Avengers 1 for example, too popular for theyre liking, the movie stuck on the top 250 tough, but lost quite a few positions. Anything the "top 250 defense brigade" dont think is intelectual enought they downvote. They even atempted to do it to The Dark Knight, if you click the ratings there are over 25k 1 star ratings, but they failled miserably, because lets face it, no amount of hate could make ppl stop  giving that movie 10s and 9s.

Only 7411 users gave TFA a 1/10 while 111264 have it a 10. It seems to be that the fanboys are out in full force to give this movie a high rating.

Around the Network

Once we will get Mondays numbers it will be Disney's highest grossing movie of all time.

Chris Hu said:
Once we will get Mondays numbers it will be Disney's highest grossing movie of all time.

In like a half month too ... lol. Pretty crazy when you think about the massive success they've had with the Avengers/Marvel and Pirates franchises. 

That 4 billion they paid Lucas for Lucasfilm is going to turn out to be highway robbery. It looks like they could walk home with a billion in profit just from Ep. VII box office, probably another 2 billion from TFA merchandising ... not including home video, cable, Netflix, either ... as much as you can get screwed in a $4 billion dollar deal, Lucas may have here. He should have asked for a lot more. 

Lawlight said:

Only 7411 users gave TFA a 1/10 while 111264 have it a 10. It seems to be that the fanboys are out in full force to give this movie a high rating.

Its either that or the movie is good, wich would be in acordance to Rotten Tomatoes and overall popular opinion. And again you didnt spend much time in imdb if you think ppl are votting 10s due to some sort of scheme and not the other way around, also as I said before, the average rating this movie is getting on a dailly basis is 8 wich is why even the haters effort is unlikely to bring it lower than an 8-8.2. And altough I find it very hard to give any movie a perfect rating lots of ppl nowadays can only either love something or completly hate it, so in a movie that is being generaly aproved by audiences its rather normal to find throngs of 10s, any other movies rated 8-10 on imdb has massive amounts of 10s for that exact same reason.

To find out how ppl actualy think about this movie go to user reviews and choose prolific authors, wich will show you the user reviews written by the ppl that review most the movies they watch (ppl who have written at least 100 reviews), those are ppl who are usualy unbiased and definetly not newly created accs. There are a few 5 and 6s here and there, but its mostly 7-9 reviews with a couple 10s.

DakonBlackblade said:
Lawlight said:

Its either that or the movie is good, wich would be in acordance to Rotten Tomatoes and overall popular opinion. And again you didnt spend much time in imdb if you think ppl are votting 10s due to some sort of scheme and not the other way around, also as I said before, the average rating this movie is getting on a dailly basis is 8 wich is why even the haters effort is unlikely to bring it lower than an 8-8.2. And altough I find it very hard to give any movie a perfect rating lots of ppl knowadays can only either love something or completly hate it, so in a movie that is being generaly aproved by audiences its rather normal to find throngs of 10s, any other movies rated 8-10 on imdb has massive amounts of 10s for that exact same reason.

To find out how ppl actualy think about this movie go to user reviews and choose prolific authors, wich will show you the user reviews written by the ppl that review most the movies they watch (ppl who have written at least 100 reviews), those are ppl who are usualy unbiased and definetly not newly created accs. There are a few 5 and 6s here and there, but its mostly 7-9 reviews with a couple 10s.

No matter how much of a fanboy you are, there is 0 chance that this movie is a 10/10. 1 out of 3 people thinks this movie is a 10? Either they do not watch movies regularly or they are upvoting that stuff.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
Insidb said:

To add to that, the success of one does not diminish the quality of the other.

Very true, although I can never forgive or forget for the trauma I had to go through listening to "My heart will go on" bring played again and again and again and sang along to by every friggin girl in the college I went to, and every girl I went out with wanting to go watch it again and again, and thinking every guy must be like Jack, and every relationship must be like the one on film.

Good point: f*ck Titanic.

SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:

No matter how much of a fanboy you are, there is 0 chance that this movie is a 10/10. 1 out of 3 people thinks this movie is a 10? Either they do not watch movies regularly or they are upvoting that stuff.

People do that to every single major IP in existence.

Considering the lengths he's going to ensure that everyone knows how bad he thinks the movie is, I find his previous comment particularly ironic.

Insidb said:
SpokenTruth said:

People do that to every single major IP in existence.

Considering the lengths he's going to ensure that everyone knows how bad he thinks the movie is, I find his previous comment particularly ironic.

It's not my fault if people can leave their brain at the door when watching a movie. The faults of the weak script is right there for everyone to see but many refuse.

Lawlight said:
Insidb said:

It's not my fault if people can leave their brain at the door when watching a movie. The faults of the weak script is right there for everyone to see but many refuse.

Dude, cut it out.

LordLichtenstein said:
Lawlight said:

Dude, cut it out.

What?