By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the biggest personality in gaming?

Who is the biggest personality in gaming?

Kaz Hirai 24 6.70%

Satoru Iwata 25 6.98%

Aaron Greenberg 0 0%

Phil Spencer 13 3.63%

Shigeru Miyamoto 149 41.62%

Michael Pachter 7 1.96%

PewDiePie 25 6.98%

Gabe Newell 9 2.51%

Hideo Kojima 47 13.13%

Shuhei Yoshida 59 16.48%

Total:358
AbbathTheGrim said:
None of you have mentioned Anita Sarkeesian, I find that sexist.

There are some people that shouldn't be associated with gaming, for the good of everybody.

Around the Network

Miyamoto

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Gotta be Miyamoto really. Responsible for more great games than anyone else and has been with the industry since it's effective beginning (the console industry could be considered to have started with the NES)

Ken Kutaragi

AbbathTheGrim said:

Why?

Around the Network

The gaben

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

KLAMarine said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Why?

It's a joke on multiple levels. It's sexist because she is a woman and only men have been mentioned, and on top of that, she stands on a platform preaching about sexism in gaming whenever she opens her mouth. Calling the lack of her name being mentioned sexist pokes fun at her general position in gaming related media.

I hate explaining jokes.

Imho for core gamers Miyamoto, for everyone else PewDiePie. It's true that Miyamoto's recognition hasn't been the same for a while but has to be related to the Wii U failure, Kojima while beeing on the spotlight right now isn't really that known either. I have plenty of friends that claim to be MGS hardcore fans and if you ask them they can't answer to the question "Who is Hideo Kojima ?"

Everybody is gonna choose Miyamoto tbh. Hate him or love him, he's the most influential developer of all times. Tho his games now are just .... meh.

Anyways, i vote for Pachter.

#YouCan'tPatchThePachter

Oh wait, that's not him.

Edit: Sorry, wrong quote.

Do we mean as a celebrity? If so, a bunch of youtubers are at the top, with PewDiePie at the very top. Most famous developer is probably Notch.