By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the biggest personality in gaming?

Who is the biggest personality in gaming?

Kaz Hirai 24 6.70%

Satoru Iwata 25 6.98%

Aaron Greenberg 0 0%

Phil Spencer 13 3.63%

Shigeru Miyamoto 149 41.62%

Michael Pachter 7 1.96%

PewDiePie 25 6.98%

Gabe Newell 9 2.51%

Hideo Kojima 47 13.13%

Shuhei Yoshida 59 16.48%

Total:358

Why are people voting for influence rather than personality? Miyamoto is the biggest influence but he's not the biggest personality.

Around the Network

NEVER PEWDIEPIE, hes the justin bieber of gaming

Easily Miyamoto

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Embrace the Pachter, everyone.

betacon said:
Why are people voting for influence rather than personality? Miyamoto is the biggest influence but he's not the biggest personality.

Biggest influence? Miyamoto? That's Iwata!

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Gotta be Shigeru for me. Even though some may argue he's a shadow of his former self, his contribution to the gaming world over the years is unsurpassed, imo.

I think he lost a step, but not too much. Its natural as his role has changed nowadays and he's older now. Yeah sure, Sticker Stars is not one of his finest moments as a decision maker and Star Fox Zero does not look as compelling as most fans hoped, but he still has something left to give. I mean, we'll have to see what happens with Star Fox Zero once it rolls around in April. And do we forget about Pikmin 3 and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon? Plus, he initially told the young team who developed Splatoon that there was "no appeal" in the initial design and they decided to change things up a bit to what the game is now. I think the reason he's not as big as he once was was because he has really gotten into his more advisory/mentorship role as he does more behind-the-scenes stuff and made more sporadic appearances than he did before (like only appearing publicly at E3, a few ads, some events in Japan, etc.).

OT: I would go w/ Reggie Fils-Aime. He may not develop games, but he does a lot of interviews and makes a pretty good amount of appearances like getting his butt handed to him in at E3 by Hungrybox. I mean, check out his appearances in the latest Yokai Watch ads. He's a type of person you either like or hate, but nevertheless you know him.  

Not sure what you mean by personality, so I'll go with Miyamoto?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

KLAMarine said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
None of you have mentioned Anita Sarkeesian, I find that sexist.

Why?

I find it sexist that I need to explain that to you.

LuckyTrouble said:

It's a joke on multiple levels. It's sexist because she is a woman and only men have been mentioned, and on top of that, she stands on a platform preaching about sexism in gaming whenever she opens her mouth. Calling the lack of her name being mentioned sexist pokes fun at her general position in gaming related media.

I hate explaining jokes.

You may hate explaining jokes but goddammit aren't you good at it.

I'd just add that also part of the joke is finding "everything" sexist.

Sixteenvolt420 said:

I miss Kevin Butler. He had the best PS3 commercials.

My personal favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tuwHi22Mz0

Sorry. I still have no clue how to post videos on this site. Most sites it just auto embeds itself or it's simple tags.

You know what is fucking ironic and hilarious? I made this fucking thread while thinking of Mr. Butler, and then I go and make a poll without even mentioning the guy. lmao, can you believe that shit?

tiffac said:
Kaz Hiria the fake one on Tweeter x)

Shush, don't ruin the magic. :P

sethnintendo said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
None of you have mentioned Anita Sarkeesian, I find that sexist.

No one cares about females in gaming unless they care stare at their boobs.

That is so sexist my tits just concaved.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

ganoncrotch said:

Strange that only 3 votes for Lord Gaben, considering that Valve/Steam pretty much revolutionized PC gaming and made a platform so successful and inviting it's actually made gaming on the PC so much easier and cheap that it is a great deterrent from piracy just having such a platform in place to track all of your games and to handle patches and updates for you, as well as the ability to have games download for you before release and ready to play as soon as launch minute passes.

Praise be to Gaben

I would have voted for Gaben but I found Miyo to be the most memorable guy who did something for gaming a long time back when they just got back from the brink of collapse, though Gaben also happened to aid with PC gaming back when MS left it on the line to dry. These days though him and Valve are more or less a private company that act as a middleman client that sells games, their Steam machines push is them going for a totally different crowd and the Steam gamepad being iffy along with no sign of HL3, TF3, L4D3, Portal 3 being nowhere in sight, I just find Miyo doing that bit more with Zelda that's enough to interest and push things forward for the franchise a bit more, maybe veen inspire some other devs but on Valve's side I'm not really feeling the same kind of vibes.

At the end of the day I would give props to Gaben for what he's done and still do, they definitely pushed a lot harder than MS ever did for PC (the end result I mean).

That said I definitely do love how Steam has changed things for the platform and how it helps kill some piracy in the process (especially if we go by Gabe's speech some years ago on the piracy issues) while also bringing some innovations of their own to the table (while also taking a note or two from Origin while Uplay takes notes from no one =P).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Shuhei Yoshida