By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Force Awakens sucks! *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Virlando said:
superchunk said:

1. Fact is, Kylo Ren was hurt by the time he was fighting either of them so he was largely defensive and he was also conflicted due to events just proir to that scene and you can tell he was a little bit worried about Ren's force awakening. 

2. Additionally, Finn lost rather quickly and Rey was assisted by her growing understanding of the Force combined with Kylo Ren's injuries / mental/emotional state. Clearly why he has to go finish his training.

1. I am sory mate but you need to see this. If one can easily deflect or just stop incoming laser shots, then one can easily do that with another single shot from far distance. Unless he doesn't consider wookies to be any good at shooting, or maybe he thinks that shot from a crossbow won't do to much harm to him. It's just silly and unexplainable. One way he is perfect of what he's doing, and the other he doesn't know how to do it any more. Just bad writing if you ask me. 

2. And when it comes to Ray... and her knowledge of the force. Why something so serious as the force, and so intelligently ballanced now becomes nothing special really. Just something that happens like that and no one needs any master ever. It was a long journey for Luke to know how to use the force. And I can accept that she can sense something, because she was told that the force exists and she can now be aware of that and find herself sensitive about it. But I will never accept the fact that she can beat someone properly trained as a Jedi/Sith the same day she learned she might be talented. This is just another misunderstanding.

The movie, overal, has very serious problem being sensible. 

1) He was not clued in or stable due to killing his father. How could you not see that in his expressions / emotions and the movie had just shown numerous times how powerful the crossbow was... as in far more powerful than other blasters.

2) It didn't just happen. She touched Luke's/Vader's light saber and had the vision. She was told how to listen to the force. The trauma of being force mind raped by kylo ren all pushed her to begin to feel the force. Luke started the same way when he started to deflect laser shots in the melinnium falcon with helmet on or anakin as a boy and his reflexes during pod racing. No different. Lastly, kylo ren is no master. He's not 'properly trained'. That was evident in the movie more times than can be counted especially at the end when it is explicitly stated.

ya'll people are just not paying attention.

Around the Network
Wright said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Wright said:

Didn't the movie itself acknowledge that because of Kylo going Sith and destroying Luke's Temple, he went exile?

Kylo is not a sith, sith is a title someone needs to bestow someone else, or he can clain it for himself if theres no one else to bestow it to him. No one ever made him a sith so he is a force user of the dark side, but not a sith. 

Well, even so, replace "sith" by "going to the dark path" and the sentence remains almost the same.

About the reason for Lukes exile, he probably considered he failled as a jedi master and that the world would be better off without him training ppl just for them to fall to the dark side, its not liek he went in exile out of fear of Kylo Ren.

DakonBlackblade said:

About the reason for Lukes exile, he probably considered he failled as a jedi master and that the world would be better off without him training ppl just for them to fall to the dark side, its not liek he went in exile out of fear of Kylo Ren.

Yes, I agree. But does he leaves just because Kylo falls? Movie strongly suggest Kylo did something terrible to Luke's foundation, which can be seen in Rey's flashback of Kylo standing (with what seems to be another group of people) next to a lot of bodies; which again means Kylo is no pushover when it comes to getting his hands into a fight.

Virlando said:
superchunk said:

1. Fact is, Kylo Ren was hurt by the time he was fighting either of them so he was largely defensive and he was also conflicted due to events just proir to that scene and you can tell he was a little bit worried about Ren's force awakening. 

2. Additionally, Finn lost rather quickly and Rey was assisted by her growing understanding of the Force combined with Kylo Ren's injuries / mental/emotional state. Clearly why he has to go finish his training.

1. I am sory mate but you need to see this. If one can easily deflect or just stop incoming laser shots, then one can easily do that with another single shot from far distance. Unless he doesn't consider wookies to be any good at shooting, or maybe he thinks that shot from a crossbow won't do to much harm to him. It's just silly and unexplainable. One way he is perfect of what he's doing, and the other he doesn't know how to do it any more. Just bad writing if you ask me. 

2. And when it comes to Ray... and her knowledge of the force. Why something so serious as the force, and so intelligently ballanced now becomes nothing special really. Just something that happens like that and no one needs any master ever. It was a long journey for Luke to know how to use the force. And I can accept that she can sense something, because she was told that the force exists and she can now be aware of that and find herself sensitive about it. But I will never accept the fact that she can beat someone properly trained as a Jedi/Sith the same day she learned she might be talented. This is just another misunderstanding.

1. He has just killed his father. Don't you think he wasn't exactly focused to see that coming?

2. There are some people who born force-sensitive. That's the case of Rey, it's not a knowledge, it's just in there and she started to fell it and use it in that Starkiller scape. And his fight with Kylo, he was obviously troubled, badly wounded (he barely keep himself on his feet while he was fighting), we've already seen Rey beating some asses in her first scenes in Kappu, so she's obviously a good fighter... And he's not properly trained. In fact, near the movie's end, Snoke said that he needs more training. So, wounded, troubled because he can't use the dark side of the Force properly and he has just killed his father, and with the planet colapsing and against a Force sensitive person. No, it doesn't seem weird to me that she managed to beat him. 

I pretty much agree with everything the op said ... maybe taking it too far to say it was worse than the prequels, but yeah it was pretty disgusting.

Credit where credit is due, I did enjoy Harrision Ford's performance (he basically carries the 2nd act), and I liked the idea of Finn's character as a traitor stormtrooper it was one of the few original ideas in the film (ok so it wasn't 100% original as it happened in the expanded universe with other characters but still). Also, Finn was at least presented as a likable character with flaws and talents that make sense considering his upbringing ... unlike godmode Rey that is a master in piloting, engineering, lightsaber duels, the use of the force and being a world class athlete that can climb / scale anything all without any training and while spending her life as an orphan scrapping old ships for bread rations...

Don't get me started on Supreme Leader Snookie (as I call him). I have seen Scooby Doo villains with more menace than whatever that thing was supposed to be. That name alone ... I never thought I would hear a sith name more silly than Count Dooku, but Abrams topped it.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Yes, I agree. But does he leaves just because Kylo falls? Movie strongly suggest Kylo did something terrible to Luke's foundation, which can be seen in Rey's flashback of Kylo standing (with what seems to be another group of people) next to a lot of bodies; which again means Kylo is no pushover when it comes to getting his hands into a fight.

This probably gona be adressed in Ep 8, but I believe Kylo went rogue, probably converted a few other jedi, came back some years later when luke wasnt around or under a false pretext to rejoin the order and murdered Lukes aprentices.

Pavolink said:
KLAMarine said:
d21lewis said:
I agree with the op.

Wow, and you were hyped to see this movie too!

d21lewis said:
Going to see it and love it. I even loved the prequels! I wonder if any of the review sites are posting negative reviews in hopes of getting traffic. I'm not looking at a review until after I see the movie, though!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7670087

Looks like he is dissapointed.

It hurt me. Not a 0/5 or whatever and I'm going to give it multiple viewings but it really made some story choices that I just don't get. Some crazy coincidences, and...I don't know. It lacks a soul.  Had a few moments of awesome but a whole lot of cringeworthy fanservice and wtf moments.

Music and alien designs are disappointing, too. Like it had the fun in dialog that the prequels were missing but missing imagination in other areas. I Lol'd more than once and the action was good but I left feeling pretty hollow when all was said and done.

Nope, it doesn't suck. In fact, it's awesome.

Carry on people.

OP Try watching A New Hope again and think about the criticism you've made about The Force Awakens. You'll find that when introducing a new saga, that's intended to run across multiple films/episodes, the writers do not reveal all unnecessary back story just for the sake of it straight way. Just as is the case with the originals, more will come - be patient and enjoy it for what it is, the brilliant rebooting of an awesome story.

Virlando said:

Dude... Kylo Ren just killed his dad. It's perfectly explainable why he didn't dodge this one shot.