By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If we get SSB5, who will be removed?

Remove corrin and jigglypuff

Around the Network

Everyone except Fox, Marth, and Shiek.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Peach

I haven't seen his name mentioned... But I'm quite confident that Shulk will get the boot instead of filler such as Lucina, Dr. Mario, Toon Link, and Lucas.

I also believe Pac-Man, Ryu, and Cloud might get cut off. Bayonetta depends on wherever SEGA/Platinum/Nintendo relationship goes to.

Toss up between Lucario and Greninja.

It seems they want to keep at least one representative of every franchise they've introduced so far, but I fear for Shulk even then.

Kuksenkov said:
I haven't seen his name mentioned... But I'm quite confident that Shulk will get the boot instead of filler such as Lucina, Dr. Mario, Toon Link, and Lucas.

It seems they want to keep at least one representative of every franchise they've introduced so far, but I fear for Shulk even then.

I will literally quit gaming if Shulk gets cut in Smash 5. ;-;

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Mega Man and Pac Man might get the cut unless Nintendo negotiates with Capcom/Namco. Robin might be gone which would be a shame since s/he is pretty unique. Other than ones like Lucina, Cloud, etc. most will probably remain.

Ultrashroomz said:

I will literally quit gaming if Shulk gets cut in Smash 5. ;-;

I would feel the same way if Lucina gets cut, and since she is a clone it's very likely that she gets cut

If we get Smash 5?
I can't imagine Nintendo would let one of their flagship series just end suddenly while still in its prime.

That said, all 3 clones. Possibly the Miis depending on whether they are still around. Third party characters are always in danger, but Smash is a desirable place for your IP to appear. Probably Corrin, maybe Roy.

If?
Don't you mean, WHEN, we get Smash 5.
And no characters should be cut in my view, I thought it was dumb that Ice Climbers got cut after they were in both Melee and Brawl.
In a perfect scenario that SHOULD happen, they should just announce that every single character from Smash 4, both launch and DLC, will be coming back and available from the start in Smash 5. That way, instead of speculating, "Who's coming back?", we can speculate, "Who's joining the fight?"
The latter, in my view, is waaay more exciting to speculate. I mean which one do you guys think caused a bigger meltdown, Sonic coming back or Cloud making his debut?
At this point, there should be no reason whatsoever to cut any characters or stages that were in Smash 4 from Smash 5. Nintendo, at this point, should be thinking "How can we make this even BIGGER than what it is now?" "What can we do or add to make this a much bigger deal than it is now?" "How do we make our great franchise even greater?"

Edit" While we're at it, bring Pichu, Young Link, Ivysaur, Squirte, Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers back! Yeah, most of them are clone characters; So?? It just means more characters to play as and to choose from.
Every character from the past 4 Smash Bros. games should be announced to be in the roster from the start, so that every "New Challenger Approaching" alert will be a Brand New Character to the series, 100% guaranteed. Whether it's another Mario character (would love Waluigi), another Zelda character (sobbing..IMPAAAAAAAA...), Cranky Kong, K. Rool, or another 3rd party character, all it would serve is to add to the legacy and greatness of Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros., ever since Melee, has evolved from being a celebration of Nintendo, to a celebration of gaming in general.

Hopefully all those clones, especially the FE ones, and put in more original characters.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile