By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Microsoft land a deal with Konami to counter Sony's deal with KojiPro?

AbbathTheGrim said:

Like get timed exclusive release for MGS new game, or exclusive content? Or an exclusive spin-off from MGS?

MGS without Kojima isn't really worth much, so be my guest.

Around the Network
naruball said:
OdinHades said:
There's virtually no gamer left who doesn't hate Konami with a passion.

That's a common misconception. Makes sense when you spend a lot of time on forums, but most gamers don't and the vocal minority online does not always represent them. Just a few months ago a Yu-Gi-Oh! game on ps4 was one of best selling games of the month on ps4. And that was still a Konami game.

I may not like Konami, but nothing will stop me from buying a game I like just because of the company. I believe that most gamers simply don't give a damn. Look how well "evil" EA and Activision are still doing.

Yugioh is not an IP that really screams "Konami" though

they are more likely to see adverse results for some of their more iconic brands that the fans might backlash; i.e. Metal Gear, Castlevania, etc.

no

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Mr Puggsly said:
If MS is gonna make an exclusive deal, why would hey do it with Konami? They don't exactly make games Xbox fans are looking for.

they dont make games period anymore, not really.

Hey, let's bank roll another franchise that sells significantly better on the competitions hardware. Worked great last time.

Around the Network

OMG! I hope they will! This would be heaven!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Wagram said:
Hey, let's bank roll another franchise that sells significantly better on the competitions hardware. Worked great last time.

Lmao... but true.

I foresee the only Konami related news in the coming months is a desperate attempt to cobble another MGS together and when they begin selling their IPs so that they can leave the game industry. They didn't just ruin their name, they dragged themselves through the mud and burned every single bridge.

At this point, they're better off selling their IPs that don't make money on non-video game things (such as Yu-Gi-Oh).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Konami screwed themselves. Nobody wants to work with them now. A new MGS wouldn't feel as authentic because it's not coming from the mind of Hideo Kojima. It's gonna be some BS rushed game that tries to be cool and ultimately ends up failing. Don't underestimate the power of customer-developer loyalty.

mountaindewslave said:
naruball said:

That's a common misconception. Makes sense when you spend a lot of time on forums, but most gamers don't and the vocal minority online does not always represent them. Just a few months ago a Yu-Gi-Oh! game on ps4 was one of best selling games of the month on ps4. And that was still a Konami game.

I may not like Konami, but nothing will stop me from buying a game I like just because of the company. I believe that most gamers simply don't give a damn. Look how well "evil" EA and Activision are still doing.

Yugioh is not an IP that really screams "Konami" though

they are more likely to see adverse results for some of their more iconic brands that the fans might backlash; i.e. Metal Gear, Castlevania, etc.

What about the hate EA has been getting since... forever? Fifa is selling incredibly well and it's one of their most iconic brands. Same with Battlefield. And it's not like people don't have other options (e.g. a Star Wars fan is gonna buy the Star Wars EA game because there is no alternative).

I knew that Konami was the one who was making yugioh games even before I had even heard of Metal Gear. It's quite hard to miss.