By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Microsoft land a deal with Konami to counter Sony's deal with KojiPro?

You mean an exclusive Pachinko simulation? :D

If they want to associate with the most hated publisher in the industry, okay, but I really feel for the guy who would be saying "We're announcing a new partnership with Konami". Don't know who would be crazy enough to pronounce these words.

And Konami has turned to sh*t, who expect any worthy console game from them anytime soon? PES is their last real project, with some future and already hated MGS post mortem milking incoming.

Nah, MS is already far from being the most loved company PR wise, they should stay away from the plague that is Konami in this aspect.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:

Like get timed exclusive release for MGS new game, or exclusive content? Or an exclusive spin-off from MGS? Or a new IP?

1) Do you think Micro needs to take action against this deal from Sony and Kojima Productions, or is it too soon to tell if it matters?

2) Do you think this could be good business for Microsoft?

3) Could this be good business for Konami or could this further antagonize the company?

What do you think?

1) yes I do think so, but this probably isnt the way.

2) it could be, could also really burn them, as bad or worse than rise of the tombraider.

3) Konami wants all the money they can get, if MS shows up with a bag of money its probably good business for them to accept it.

I think Konami dont care if they end up milking the name, they probably just wanna do a quick cash in and be done with it.

Microsoft has said that they are focused on first-party studios and games. it would not make sense to do this. Besides, this is way too reactionnary. Kojimas new studio JUST formed and he takes a while to make games. Kojimas game is 2018 at the earliest. It would be better to continue making new games with other studios and wholly own them (ReCore, Scalebound) than pursue another Japanese timed exclusive

AsGryffynn said:
No. Nobody likes Konami now...

Unless they are making a MGS, a notable Silent Hill, or a 2D Castlevania, I think the answer is no.

I used to be a huge Sega fan as a kid, but they rarely make something I care about these days.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

AsGryffynn said:
DonFerrari said:
Considering the sales of Konami games on MS platforms that would be a dumber move than even RoTR

Zipping through the numbers, I noticed that new IPs seem to be doing nice in the XONE... Rather than an exclusive MGS, it'd be better to ask Konami to create a new IP...

this is the only thing that sorta makes sense....BUT its very clear that Konami doesnt even want to deal with video games anymore and the sole series they do have is pretty irrelevant on Xone, even if MS did want to Money hat which would be stupid, it is no longer associated with Kojima which will further alienate the fanbase which Konami does not need.

Around the Network

Also remember the original MG Rising game (the one that looked like 4 with Raiden) had that exclusive e3 showing with MS and that game got cancelled so will MS even want to deal with them again?

If MS is gonna make an exclusive deal, why would hey do it with Konami? They don't exactly make games Xbox fans are looking for.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Why would they want the bad rep for Konami to stick to them? I think its a terrible idea. Konami is a sinking boat... best to stay away.

A good rule of thumb for games and exclusivity is,
if the game is either going multiplat, or switching historical sides...it is likely a game that has cost the dev too much money and probably not very good.

So, seeing as how a new metal gear by konami only is probably going to be bad, I think there's a genuine possibility that a new sans-Hideo metal gear could be xbox only.

Almost every time we've seen a game switch sides from one sequel to the next, or if the game was announced multiplat and then went exclusive, it's generally been bad. There's a huge list of games like that and very few exceptions.

Yeah, a timed exclusive for MGS on the current gen console it sold WAY the least on. That in no way will be a disaster. Nope.