By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners, what year did you buy your Wii U?

Tagged games:

I bought my Wii U in...

2012 126 40.13%

2013 82 26.11%

2014 75 23.89%

2015 31 9.87%

Total:314

August 2013. I would have gotten it closer to launch, but I was still saving up gift money and gift cards. I got the Deluxe bundle with Nintendo Land and bought ZombiU. Got Trine 2 and the Rayman Challenger App very soon after.

Around the Network

"MK8" bundle. A glorious thing.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

May 2013 Henny. As soon as I got a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, I ordered my console online. I regret nothing, Henny.

Launch Day

Launch day..... never doing that again, don't get me wrong, I love this little thing, but never launch day again lol.

Around the Network

Launch day (it came a day late)
Seriously biggest regret this gen :/

dahuman said:
Launch day..... never doing that again, don't get me wrong, I love this little thing, but never launch day again lol.

lol same, but for me I don't think I'll ever launch day a console ever again, not just Nintendo.  

June 2014, just a month after Mario Kart 8 released :P

And I have already 15 retail games and a bunch of digital (including FRN, that should be a retail game), so for me it has been fantastic so far. At launch I would have probably suffered some serious droughts but 2014 was a sweet spot.

Got mine for Christmas 2013. Mainly for Super Mario 3D World and I knew that MK8 and Smash were on the way.

June 2014, because of Mario Kart, and because I found it on sale. I bought my WiiU only for 170€, so that was an amazing deal.