By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners, what year did you buy your Wii U?

Tagged games:

I bought my Wii U in...

2012 126 40.13%

2013 82 26.11%

2014 75 23.89%

2015 31 9.87%

Total:314

Launch day November 2012. I've bought every Nintendo console on launch day basically since the N64.

Around the Network

Got mine this year. Wanted to wait until 1) there was a bundle I liked (MK8+DLC), 2) Xenoblade Chronicles X was on the way, and 3) there was a good extensive backlog built up.

I got mine in March 2015. I was looking for a new console and I was going to pick up a New 3DS but the Walmart's in Canada had a really good deal on Wii U's where you could get Mario Kart 8 and SM3DW bundled with the console for $300 (well... it was good for Canada back then). I also really wanted to play Yoshi's Woolly World when it came out, so I decided to go for the Wii U.

I am still want to get a 3DS, eventually. I've already bought like 4 or 5 RPG's for it that I know are going become really hard to find in a couple of years.

launch day.

White 8gb for $199 CAD in 2013.

Around the Network

October 2014

December 2013.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!

I got mine early 2014. When I saw 3D World, I knew I had to have it x D Also, got Smash Bros and MK8. It was a really fun year with it x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Day 1.

On Launch day. I bought the black deluxe version and got New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land, Zombi U and Sonic Allstars Racing to go with it.