By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners, what year did you buy your Wii U?

Tagged games:

I bought my Wii U in...

2012 126 40.13%

2013 82 26.11%

2014 75 23.89%

2015 31 9.87%

Total:314

I got mine in March 2015. I was looking for a new console and I was going to pick up a New 3DS but the Walmart's in Canada had a really good deal on Wii U's where you could get Mario Kart 8 and SM3DW bundled with the console for $300 (well... it was good for Canada back then). I also really wanted to play Yoshi's Woolly World when it came out, so I decided to go for the Wii U.

I am still want to get a 3DS, eventually. I've already bought like 4 or 5 RPG's for it that I know are going become really hard to find in a couple of years.

Around the Network

launch day.

White 8gb for $199 CAD in 2013.

October 2014

I got mine early 2014. When I saw 3D World, I knew I had to have it x D Also, got Smash Bros and MK8. It was a really fun year with it x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Day 1.

On Launch day. I bought the black deluxe version and got New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land, Zombi U and Sonic Allstars Racing to go with it.

August 2013. I would have gotten it closer to launch, but I was still saving up gift money and gift cards. I got the Deluxe bundle with Nintendo Land and bought ZombiU. Got Trine 2 and the Rayman Challenger App very soon after.

"MK8" bundle. A glorious thing.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

May 2013 Henny. As soon as I got a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, I ordered my console online. I regret nothing, Henny.