By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Do we have anything on Horizon except that ridiculously scripted trailer? This game is one ridiculous cash grab. I predict it wil retail for $20 in less than a couple months.

Around the Network

Zelda U for the win

Actually horizon has better graphics but i think Zelda u will outsell it and it will have a better meta if Nintendo advertises the game like they did splatoon.

Guerrilla doesn't have a good track record of selling amazingly well or receiving critical acclaim, so I'll have to disagree, as much as I love them, sorry. This is not even a contest.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I really feel like this is a bad comparison, but I'll play along anyways.

Graphics - Technologically speaking, this is a default win for Horizon.

Sales - Zelda U will easily outsell Horizon, regardless if it's only on Wii U or not.

Metacritic - Zelda U... It will probably post a 90+, given the tread of 3d Zelda games. That's pretty tough to beat.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

There is trap in this thread, if Horizon has better meta, than wow, Horizon is better than Zelda, what a great game, however if Zelda has better meta (and it will), is "just because is Zelda", yeah, you gotta love the way people make its own rules to win yes or yes. Trap.

I can't see Horizon moving more than 2.5 million copies, regardless of install base, so I'm going to have to say Zelda U as long as it doesn't launch beside NX.

As for metacritic, it's a bold prediction but a foolish one at best. A "lower rated" Zelda mainline console game usually has a meta in the low 90's, vs a GG game which is in the 70's. Horizon looks like a low to mid 80 at best from what I've seen so far.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I think Horizon will sell more, but it's studio doesn't make games that review well. That being said, we don't know enough about Zelda U to assess if it will be good. There's still plenty of ways to fuck this game up. That being said, I think their recent track record gives good reason to believe that they won't, so I think Zelda U will out-score Horizon handily. That is, unless they still omit voice acting, which is a very real and stupid possibility. In that case, Horizon may have a shot.

Sales are all dependent on the NX, really. If the NX is what I know it will be, it will sell well, and if Zelda U launches with the system like I'm sure it will, it will sell well. I don't think Horizon will be able to match the sales of a AAA Zelda game on a successful platform. Honestly, I don't even think it will be able to outsell Zelda if it's Wii U only, since it'll likely sell 4.5m-5m units in that case, a number I frankly don't see a game like this hitting. So Zelda.

Graphics is really a non-debate. Horizon is an objectively more impressive game. There's no debating that. But Horizon doesn't even come close to having the sophistication of art direction and optimization that Zelda U has. So if we're talking about numbers, it's Horizon, but if we're talking about art design, Zelda wins handily. That's no slight on Horizon - it has fantastic art direction, but it's going against a game in the same league as Wind Waker and Journey. It doesn't have a chance. Few games would.

FloatingWaffles said:
Dr.Vita said:

I don't have to play both games to know which one is the better one.
Zelda U has a empty world. Horizon has a wonderful world.
Of course I have to play both games to give a final statement but so far Horizon is looking to be the better game.

Yeah, I mean you've obviously played both of them a year before they even release. I'm sure there's no bias there at all, Dr. Vita. 

He says this for everything though lol, I can't remember a time where he's dished out kudos for plenty of non PS4/non Sony games than what he games with.

In the end I disagree with him heavily and find Zelda to be the better game due to the IP, the character, style of game. One game will age horribly and the other won't based on the engine/art direction, it's why games that focus too much on realism tend to age horribly faster than those games that focus on very unique styles that use less realistic details. I mean Skyrim, Fallout, KIllzone, Resistance, Halo 1-3 all looked good for their times they were played in but compared to now they haven't aged as gracefully as Wind Waker and other Ninty titles that don't put all emphasis on realistic visuals.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Goodnightmoon said:

There is trap in this thread, if Horizon has better meta, than wow, Horizon is better than Zelda, what a great game, however if Zelda has better meta (and it will), is "just because is Zelda", yeah, you gotta love the way people make its own rules to win yes or yes. Trap.

Pretty much this. Seems like Zelda is doomed no matter what. Hard not to roll my eyes when people are crying Metacritic bias over games that haven't even been released yet.

Anyways, the games aren't that similar, so it's an odd comparison. Just seems like console war bait. I know I personally am more looking forward to Zelda, but that has nothing to do with how it well it sells or an abritary review aggregrate. Though maybe some people need to draw comparisons in order to enjoy their game of choice...*shrug*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334