By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

iLikeEggs said:
Miyamotoo said:
People don't realise that worst reviewed 3D Zelda game (Skyward Sword) has metascore of 93, and from Zelda U is expecting that will be one of the best Zelda games ever, so we are talking about meta score of around 95, I really can't see how Horizon can top that.

Apparently Zelda games only score well due to nostalgia. That's what this thread has taught me. Other games that don't score well are not necessarily bad, but we are not viewing them in a nostalgic way. that is what this thread and the loyalists have taught me. 

Also, Horizon will be compared to the Witcher, whereas Zelda will be compared to nostalgic games since it is not on ps4 and is Zelda; that is what this thread has taught me. 

I bet you have not played 3d zelda. If you want to talk about a game, first play it. Do not learn from interner thread. DO it yourself.

Around the Network
iLikeEggs said:
Miyamotoo said:
People don't realise that worst reviewed 3D Zelda game (Skyward Sword) has metascore of 93, and from Zelda U is expecting that will be one of the best Zelda games ever, so we are talking about meta score of around 95, I really can't see how Horizon can top that.

Apparently Zelda games only score well due to nostalgia. That's what this thread has taught me. Other games that don't score well are not necessarily bad, but we are not viewing them in a nostalgic way. that is what this thread and the loyalists have taught me. 

Also, Horizon will be compared to the Witcher, whereas Zelda will be compared to nostalgic games since it is not on ps4 and is Zelda; that is what this thread has taught me. 

Based on what you get that impresion!? Fact is that every 3D Zelda game is great and very high quality game with high reviews, and that is because only due to nostalgia!?

So if Horizon dont gets good scores doesnt mean its bad game, but if Zelda gets good score it because of nostalgia!?

Sry, but doesnt have any sens what you talking about.

Really? That's just silly. It's like comparing GTA V with Lego City Undercover. Both are Open World games, but they have completely different type of gameplay styles. Who even cares which one will get higher Metacritic score anyway. I'm really sure both will be dope.

I disagree.

Metacritic: Zelda U > Horizon Zero Dawn

The Zelda franchise is a critical darling - even "meh"-Zeldas score 90+. Horizon is gonna end up in the mid 80s at best.

Sales:  Zelda U > Horizon Zero Dawn

That's a tougher category. Zelda will sell pretty well - expecting 3-4m lt. Horizon sales are hard to predict - it might get big or it might just be another one of those Sony IPs that never quite make it and end up with 1-2m lt sales. Since it's pretty rare for new Sony IPs to actually click, I'll stick with Zelda outselling Horizon.

Graphics: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda U

Agreed. Artstyle can't be judged objectively and from a technical standpoint Horizon has more hardware power as well as a developer that is known for good graphics behind it.

Guerrilla Games has a lot to prove when it comes to critic reception ...

That been said I would not be surprised to see Horizon: Zero Dawn outselling the next Zelda installment and the graphics been better is a given ...

Around the Network

Zelda will have a higher metascore. It's Zelda, the internet doesn't give Zelda low scores.

With no GTA and no TES games releasing next year hopefully Horizon won't have any existing open world franchises to compete with. There will be an Ass Creed game no doubt, but I expect that to keep diminishing in significance for as long as it stays annual. But still, unless Horizon gets a lot of real hype along with a metascore in the high 80's at least, I can see Zelda selling more. Guerilla's never done a RPG and it's always done sci-fi fps. So I hope they brought in a lot of talent that has experience in this new direction GG is taking. The combat sequence they showed with the big robot T-rex is promising on the combat front, but a good RPG/adventure needs to have a lot more than that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Zelda has the disadvantage of being Zelda so it has to live up to the previous games some of which show up on almost every top ten list of best video games of all time. Having said that it has every chance to be brilliant because the talent behind the game. Zero Dawn has potential but honestly the more relevant comparison to me is Last Guardian verus Zelda U. A FPS shooter dev isn't going to deliver a deeply moving experience. Yeah Horizon could be good but it's not going to be deeply artistically moving like a Zelda game or a team ICO game. Horizon is a more comparable title to Scalebound but I think it will lack the depth of scalebound. The only main thing that Horizon has going for itself is something more mathematical than artistic and that's tech/graphical performace.

Lol good joke

618116 said:
iLikeEggs said:

I bet you have not played 3d zelda. If you want to talk about a game, first play it. Do not learn from interner thread. DO it yourself.

I'm just quoting the people above. I love 3D Zelda. Apparently, though, that's what they anti-nintendo people think. 

Hi

Horizon looks a lot more interesting I'll tell you that.

I'm now filled with determination.