By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Graphics: Horizon > Zelda U
Sales: Horizon ≈ Zelda U (only because of the huge user base difference)
Metacritic: Zelda U > Horizon
Art-style: Horizon

Around the Network

Metacritic: Basically no chance of happening. Is Horizon a 97 meta game? Or do you think Zelda U will "bomb" metacritic-wise? People should realize for once that the big console Zelda games, like Zelda U will be, score, on average, 95. 95. And that's only because Skyward Sword got a 93 otherwise it would have been an average of 96. (EDIT: No, actually with SS it already is 96, even 97 without) Then here I see "high 80s" to "low 90s" being thrown around. No, that would be disastrous if true.

Sales: Could happen, but I wouldn't bet on it. Zelda sells extremely consistently, install-base matters little. If it's cross-gen, then it's a done deal.

Graphics: Probably, if you're looking at the technical side only. Personally however I give a rat's *ss about how many polygons a random bush has, I'm looking at the art direction. Which is still up in the air until we see footage of the final builds of both games.

reggin_bolas said:
Hands down, Horizon will win both in metacritic and in sales. The Nintendo brand is on a sharp decline.

You realise that Nintendo on Wii U develop some of the best Nintendo games in whole franchises like Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yoshi Woolly World...and people expecting from Zelda U too to be of the best Zelda games ever.

Miyamotoo said:
reggin_bolas said:
Hands down, Horizon will win both in metacritic and in sales. The Nintendo brand is on a sharp decline.

You realise that Nintendo on Wii U develop some of the best Nintendo games in whole franchises like Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yoshi Woolly World...and people expecting from Zelda U too to be of the best Zelda games ever.

What he meant.

Nintendo Falls Out of Top 100 Global Brands List for First Time

Japanese company dropped reportedly as a result of its reluctance to bring its games to mobile devices.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-falls-out-of-top-100-global-brands-list-f/1100-6431163/

They have little to nothing in common. Brand wars thread.

Sales: Zelda U > Horizon
Reviews: Zelda U > Horizon
Graphics: Horizon > Zelda U (no fucking shit)
Art Style: Zelda U > Horizon (obviously subjective)

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Aerys said:
I agree, except for Metacritic, Zelda being an old licence, it will automaticly get +90 just by the name as long as it's decent. It's like Mario, it automaticly gets better than it deserves ( and even nintendo fans will agree with me that NSMB Wii U should get less than DK C WiiU )

While Horizon will likely be around 88-90 , new IP from dev who never made an open world

So you basically saying that Zelda and Mario games are overrated, that's not true at all.

3D Zelda game dont get high score just because its "Zelda", it gets constantly high scores because it's constantly very high quality game. Tri Heroes is spinoff of Zelda game, why it doesnt get +90 score, because it does not deserves. Same goes for 3D Mario games and Mario Kart games.

People don't realise that worst reviewed 3D Zelda game (Skyward Sword) has metascore of 93, and from Zelda U is expecting that will be one of the best Zelda games ever, so we are talking about meta score of around 95, I really can't see how Horizon can top that.

S.Peelman said:
Metacritic: Basically no chance of happening. Is Horizon a 97 meta game? Or do you think Zelda U will "bomb" metacritic-wise? People should realize for once that the big console Zelda games, like Zelda U will be, score, on average, 95. 95. And that's only because Skyward Sword got a 93 otherwise it would have been an average of 96. Then here I see "high 80s" to "low 90s" being thrown around. No, that would be disastrous if true.

Sales: Could happen, but I wouldn't bet on it. Zelda sells extremely consistently, install-base matters little. If it's cross-gen, then it's a done deal.

Graphics: Probably, if you're looking at the technical side only. Personally however I give a rat's *ss about how many polygons a random bush has, I'm looking at the art direction. Which is still up in the air until we see footage of the final builds of both games.

Basicly this. 

I would just add that Zelda U has better art style.

The best game that Guerrilla Games, the developer of Horizon, made was Killzone 2, which of Metascore was 91.
And Their most recent game, KZ SF was only 73.
The worst metascore of 3d Zelda was 93 of SS. So worst Zelda > Best Guerrilla Games.

Guerrilla Games doing a great job for graphics, but for gameplay? Hard to trust.

Miyamotoo said:
People don't realise that worst reviewed 3D Zelda game (Skyward Sword) has metascore of 93, and from Zelda U is expecting that will be one of the best Zelda games ever, so we are talking about meta score of around 95, I really can't see how Horizon can top that.

Apparently Zelda games only score well due to nostalgia. That's what this thread has taught me. Other games that don't score well are not necessarily bad, but we are not viewing them in a nostalgic way. that is what this thread and the loyalists have taught me. 

Also, Horizon will be compared to the Witcher, whereas Zelda will be compared to nostalgic games since it is not on ps4 and is Zelda; that is what this thread has taught me. 

Hi