By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Barkley said:
OTBWY said:

Not true. 4.7m is Switch only, but HZD hasn't tracked above BotW in almost any charts outside of UK for some weeks here and there.

Yes 4.7m is switch only, did you read my post? xD

We know that HZD sold 3.4m in it's first month, suggesting it didn't sell at least 1.3m in the next 4 months seems silly. These are both official figures, not the charts.

But if you do want to use the charts for Horizon, we know digital sales for HZD were already 915k by April 30th, with VGC having the game at 3.56m retail by september 9th, that also shows HZD selling more than Zelda on Switch.

(4.47m add in the 3 retail missing weeks, and 4 months of digital sales, easily over 4.7m)

Your first sentence was weird as I read it, it made it seem that even with WiiU sales HZD was the clear winner.

That said, I'm just going off by what I have seen in the info on this website. HZD has not tracked above BotW (Switch version) on most charts except for the UK. Either the digital sales are stellar and the price cut made it so that HZD sold more than half it's launch day figures, or it is overtracked. 

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
Well.... Zelda certainly sold more than Horizon.... 4,7 million on Switch and 1,9 million on WiiU = 6,9 million total. We´re still missing numbers of the digital sales for the WiiU version , but I don´t think they´re a lot.

Anyway, both games did very, very well. I´m glad to have them in my collection, I´ve been enjoying every minute of both games.

Where's the 1.9m figure for WiiU from? Regardless Switch+WiiU Zelda is at least 5.9m, and is ahead of HZD.

Lifetime sales HZD will make it to around 8m I think, but BOTW on Switch will sell more lifetime.

OTBWY said:

Your first sentence was weird as I read it, it made it seem that even with WiiU sales HZD was the clear winner.

That said, I'm just going off by what I have seen in the info on this website. HZD has not tracked above BotW (Switch version) on most charts except for the UK. Either the digital sales are stellar and the price cut made it so that HZD sold more than half it's launch day figures, or it is overtracked. 

Yeah my bad, I just noticed how awful that sentence is.

HZD does have a very high digital ratio (27% as of April 30th).

Barkley said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Well.... Zelda certainly sold more than Horizon.... 4,7 million on Switch and 1,9 million on WiiU = 6,9 million total. We´re still missing numbers of the digital sales for the WiiU version , but I don´t think they´re a lot.

Anyway, both games did very, very well. I´m glad to have them in my collection, I´ve been enjoying every minute of both games.

Where's the 1.9m figure for WiiU from? Regardless Switch+WiiU Zelda is at least 5.9m, and is ahead of HZD.

Lifetime sales HZD will make it to around 8m I think, but BOTW on Switch will sell more lifetime.

Vgchartz..... yeah, I know, it´s not super accurate, but we don´t have Nintendo official numbers to check. At least not until we get  a complete financial report.

Woah...8+ million is really a lot.... I don´t think either game will reach that much.....  but only time will tell.  Still,  do believe both companies may be satisfied with the current state of sales .

Rogerioandrade said:
Barkley said:

Vgchartz..... yeah, I know, it´s not super accurate, but we don´t have Nintendo official numbers to check. At least not until we get  a complete financial report.

Woah...8+ million is really a lot.... I don´t think either game will reach that much.....  but only time will tell.  Still,  do believe both companies may be satisfied with the current state of sales .

??? BotW is at 6mil now itll be at 8mil by years end

Rogerioandrade said:
Barkley said:

Where's the 1.9m figure for WiiU from?

VGC has it at 1.16m.

Around the Network

Then let´s correct:  4,7 million on Switch and 1,16 on WiiU = 5,86 million total

Is there a category for "most GOTY Awards"?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

Another win for Zelda. Back in March, people were saying 'Metascores can't be trusted. We'll see at the GOTY's which game is the best'. Sadly, I can't find any of these posts back.

Sales wise, it will continue to be an interesting battle. Horizon is probably still ahead, but Zelda's legs seem to be a lot better.

Flilix said:
Jranation said:

Another win for Zelda. Back in March, people were saying 'Metascores can't be trusted. We'll see at the GOTY's which game is the best'. Sadly, I can't find any of these posts back.

Sales wise, it will continue to be an interesting battle. Horizon is probably still ahead, but Zelda's legs seem to be a lot better.

The release of the complete edition can help Horizon a little but zelda will win at the end

Number update
Horizon Zero Dawn: 7.6 Million units -28 Feb 2018
Zelda BOTW: 9.32 Million units(Switch - 31 Mar 2018) + 1.5 Million units(WiiU)