By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

The first thing that shoots out to me when thinking back on this comparison is the gargantuan difference in pricing you see from MicroSony versus Nintendo. These two games released days apart and yet Sony is selling the complete edition of Horizon for $16 on their store and Nintendo is still charging $60 for the standard Breath of the Wild. Horizon complete edition has been $20 at retail for awhile now. Pretty sure you can pencil Zelda in for a win here.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Are people going to necrobump all those threads now?

Is this the insecurity that people have been talking about on these forums lately?

Because we need closure xD 

But if you have a problem with it. Message a mod, or discuss it in the moderation thread. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

LudicrousSpeed said:
The first thing that shoots out to me when thinking back on this comparison is the gargantuan difference in pricing you see from MicroSony versus Nintendo. These two games released days apart and yet Sony is selling the complete edition of Horizon for $16 on their store and Nintendo is still charging $60 for the standard Breath of the Wild. Horizon complete edition has been $20 at retail for awhile now. Pretty sure you can pencil Zelda in for a win here.

It isn't even funny anymore, BOTW revenues are certainly gigantic in comparison to HZD

Hynad said:

Is this the insecurity that people have been talking about on these forums lately?

I'm just amazed that there are people who actually sift through old threads looking for something to crow about.  Seems kind of petty.

LudicrousSpeed said:

As a playstation gamer that's one of the biggest pros. I can get so many top class games from say $100 because the sales are insane. If I was a Nintendo gamer I'd be unhappy with the pricing. 

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Also, Zelda is frequently in the Top 10, despite being full price, whereas Horizon is lower and a third the cost.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Shiken said:
Horizon is a great game and sold fantastically, but did anyone honestly think it would beat Breath of the Wild?

But it did outsell BOTW WiiU version but over all and  Yeah BoTW sold more even with Switch alone. lol

zorg1000 said:
Hynad said:

Necrobumps of wrong predictions has been a thing the entire time I've been on this site.

But can we also quote post  from this thread and from specific user who predicted that HZD won't do good at all? 
this necrobumping goes both ways.

LudicrousSpeed said:

That's true it shows how strong Nintendo IPS are. Even with full price, minor discounts and some retailers selling at $45 or lower. It's truly a remarkable feat that it has an awesome legs. BOTW is one of those games that it's truly a must have for Switch.

As for HZD a new IP sold 7.8M thru customer is also a great feat.  Sony already profited a lot from the 3.4M sales they got early on. I can argue that that HZD won't reach this high but It will also bodes well for the IP because majority of the people who bought HZD loves it and it might translate for a better revenue and sales for the sequel with that in mind it's a great strategy for Sony. 

So it's a win for both a new ip sold really well and BoTW exploded in sales and expanding the IP but with the comparison BoTW is the clear winner in sales. 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
zorg1000 said:

Necrobumps of wrong predictions has been a thing the entire time I've been on this site.

But can we also quote post from this thread and from specific user who predicted that HZD won't do good at all? 

Sure, why wouldn't you be able to?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I wonder how many predicted in 2015 when this thread was created that Breath of the Wild would sell more than any other Zelda game ever. What if BotW would have only launched on Wii U as it was planed originally I think that Horizon would have won that battle easily.

CGI-Quality said:
Medisti said:

Also, Zelda is frequently in the Top 10, despite being full price, whereas Horizon is lower and a third the cost.

Has Zelda always been full price? For example, it isn't full price on Amazon right now. In fact, I could have sworn such a notion has been debunked before. I get that people want to gloat, but perspective, as usual, is needed. 

It has had a few temporary discounts but the MSRP is still $60.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.