By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

TargaryenVers2 said:
It's too bad predictions like these devalue the true success and brilliance of Horizon. It sold amazingly well and is critically acclaimed all around, but trying to compare it to Zelda does it a disservice

Nobody is knocking down its success. The game did well. Overall both games are doing better than most expected. Each have their own pros. Zelda could be the highest selling zelda and some while hdz is close to uncharted tier (at least what i see atm)

Around the Network

Finally we got numbers

HDZ 3.40mil Sold
LoZ 3.74mil Shipped

By end of april

Well, I love Horizon, but it never had a chance: the Switch is selling as water in the desert and Zelda is really the only worthy game in it, and it will be so for a long time. So, Zelda will keep selling like crazy till Mario gets released.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Zelda will have better legs considering the Switch is selling like pancakes without many options of games.

tbone51 said:
Finally we got numbers

HDZ 3.40mil Sold
LoZ 3.74mil Shipped

By end of april

Source? I thought Zelda was at 3.7m by the end of March, not April?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:
Finally we got numbers

HDZ 3.40mil Sold
LoZ 3.74mil Shipped

By end of april

Source? I thought Zelda was at 3.7m by the end of March, not April?

Oh fucking shit lol. I fucked that up, i forgot it was just mentioned end of april lol.

Well we got 3.4mil sell thru for HDZ by end of April and LoZ at 3.7+ shipped at end of march.

LoZ could be close to 5mil+ shipped+digital by end of the quarter. HDZ too. Depends 

I love how this thread gets more fun with time, BoTW has already outsold Horizon with the Switch version alone, add one milion more for the WiiU version and is not even a contest

I love that you bumped this thread Goodnightmoon. Thank you, I needed a good laugh.

daredevil.shark said:

With the sales number for horizon and Zelda; horizon is ahead of Zelda. And will comfortably win sales race. Good effort by Zelda but install base matters.
daredevil.shark said:

But my prediction came true. 

guiduc said:
I love that you bumped this thread Goodnightmoon. Thank you, I needed a good laugh.

You are welcome :P

HDZ should of had a huge push in June.

We should use official numbers only, i think both are still close for now... What were the last numbers again?